Sudesh
05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/UZ0003348517_2.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/UZ0003348517_5.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/UZ0003348517_6.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/UZ0003348517_8.jpg

AR
05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
If I am not mistaken, that was/is one of GT-Rom demo cars. It has the Q45 TB.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
05-03-2010, 07:05 PM
its not working for me ... :thumbsdown:

Sudesh
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
There are some interesting bits on it, the airbox for one? Not sure I understand the setup?

havoc
05-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Change the spoiler for something less dramatic and re-upholster the seats in black or yellow (or half&half) and that'd be rather nice. Oh, and get rid of the odd stuff on the centre-console.

AR
05-03-2010, 08:34 PM
There are some interesting bits on it, the airbox for one? Not sure I understand the setup?

They use the Infinity Q45 TB with a sectioned off area of the engine compartment as an Airbox. They also normally use the HKS F-Con V Pro. Apparently that car had the heads worked on and was pushing 330 BHP.

The bits in the centre console are for the brake bias.

The spoiler is a superbly made piece of vaccum bagged CF by Sorcery and unlike the NSX-R it actually really works. Is Around £ 2.300.00 with the rear deck spoiler plus taxes etc.

Add a CTSC or Turbo and it works for me. :)

Sudesh
05-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Great info Ary! Thanks for that.

They use the Infinity Q45 TB with a sectioned off area of the engine compartment as an Airbox. They also normally use the HKS F-Con V Pro. Apparently that car had the heads worked on and was pushing 330 BHP.

The bits in the centre console are for the brake bias.

The spoiler is a superbly made piece of vaccum bagged CF by Sorcery and unlike the NSX-R it actually really works. Is Around £ 2.300.00 with the rear deck spoiler plus taxes etc.

Add a CTSC or Turbo and it works for me. :)

Dimer
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
It looks like Hitoshi Tamura's car (GT-ROM), but with different headlights.

I love it :)

Papalazarou
06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I agree with Paul, it ain't pretty. I looks good from the outside but that interior;'s a crime against reasonable taste.

Cheers,

James.

AR
06-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Never been a fan of yellow interiors myself, but that car will kick some serious NA NSX behinds tasteless interior and all!

TheSebringOne
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Not sure overall? I don't like the red seats with the yellow. I do like the black Volks tho! If I am mistaken is that a red starter button in place of the cigarette lighter?

markc
07-03-2010, 01:32 AM
The daft rear spoiler and nasty door mirrors ruin it externally and the yellow trim panels do the same for the interior. Wheels and brakes look tasty though :)

Presumably it only needs the brake balancer because the rear brakes haven't been upgraded to the same degree as the fronts?

Cheers

Mark

Silver Surfer
07-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Err...what's a brake balancer?...(don't just say it's for balancing the brake!!)

SS

AR
07-03-2010, 01:46 AM
The daft rear spoiler and nasty door mirrors ruin it externally

Cheers

Mark

Is a case of function over Bling Bling!

An good friend of my father in law who is an expert in Aerospace Engineering Sciences and Astrodynamics and consults for NASA, had a good look at my car and agreed on the settings and shape of my Sorcery rear wing and my custom undertray.

I know you are knowledgeable Mark, but I take his oppinion over yours. :)

markc
07-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Err...what's a brake balancer?...(don't just say it's for balancing the brake!!)

SS

A device to control the pressure between the front and rear brake circuits. Used so that you can vary the amount of brake force between the front and rear of the car.

Usually it's a variable valve placed in the hydraulic brake line running to the rear of the car. Using the knob on top of the valve you can open or close it to control the pressure to the rear calipers.

Race cars have them so that the driver car change the brake balance as the fuel load (therefore weight) comes down which affects the cars weight distribution.

Cheers

Mark

Silver Surfer
07-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Cheers Mark,

Learn a new fact everyday! :)

SS

markc
07-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Is a case of function over Bling Bling!

I very much doubt it in this case, it's a road car not a race car.

An good friend of my father in law who is an expert in Aerospace Engineering Sciences and Astrodynamics and consults for NASA, had a good look at my car and agreed on the settings and shape of my Sorcery rear wing and my custom undertray.

I know you are knowledgeable Mark, but I take his oppinion over yours. :)

It may well produce downforce in isolation i.e. as a standalone thing in a windtunnel, but does it really make a noticable differance on a road driven NSX? We've all seen similar looking wings adorning Saxos, Astras (even Transits :) ) etc and I guarantee they function as standalone wings but I would suggest they're very rarely there for anything other than show.

The simple facts are that a wing profile will always generate lift, if you turn it upside down you get downforce. Because the side profile of a car is wing-like, all cars tend to generate lift. Spoilers and wings are added to reduce that lift... and remember that the standard NSX already has a rear wing. Smoothing the cars underbody, to speed up the airflow under the car, will also reduce lift. I suspect you are getting more benefit from your flat floor than the rear wing.

I'm not saying that huge rear wings like this don't work, I just think they're a sledgehammer to crack a nut... unless you're racing.

Eventually I'd like to fit the NSX-R (NA1) like front and rear floors and maybe a better diffuser, but that will be the extent of my aero mods. I know that Senninha and Greenberet have done this, the latter to significant effect on his famous top speed runs :)

Cheers

Mark

AR
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I very much doubt it in this case, it's a road car not a race car.

It may well produce downforce in isolation i.e. as a standalone thing in a windtunnel, but does it really make a noticable differance on a road driven NSX? We've all seen similar looking wings adorning Saxos, Astras (even Transits :) ) etc and I guarantee they function as standalone wings but I would suggest they're very rarely there for anything other than show.

The simple facts are that a wing profile will always generate lift, if you turn it upside down you get downforce. Because the side profile of a car is wing-like, all cars tend to generate lift. Spoilers and wings are added to reduce that lift... and remember that the standard NSX already has a rear wing. Smoothing the cars underbody, to speed up the airflow under the car, will also reduce lift. I suspect you are getting more benefit from your flat floor than the rear wing.

I'm not saying that huge rear wings like this don't work, I just think they're a sledgehammer to crack a nut... unless you're racing.

Eventually I'd like to fit the NSX-R (NA1) like front and rear floors and maybe a better diffuser, but that will be the extent of my aero mods. I know that Senninha and Greenberet have done this, the latter to significant effect on his famous top speed runs :)

Cheers

Mark

Mark IIRC the NA1 R did not have the same aero as the NA2R.

I think is more of a synergistic effect whre the sum of the wing and floor is greater than either alone. I have had to increase the lenght of the trunk stops as when going high speeds the wing has moved down enough to chip a little paint from the edges of the rear wings. I tell you at high speeds, the ducted bonnet, radiator duct, undertray and wing really make the car feel stuck to the road so much more than any other NSX I have driven.

Cheers,

AR

markc
07-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Mark IIRC the NA1 R did not have the same aero as the NA2R.

I thought the NA1 R had a front undertray AND a rear undertray (under the fuel tank ahead of the engine) while the NA2 only had the front one? The NA1 R has the standard bonnet and rear wing so could be even slipperier (lower drag) than a +02 non R NSX.

I think is more of a synergistic effect whre the sum of the wing and floor is greater than either alone. I have had to increase the lenght of the trunk stops as when going high speeds the wing has moved down enough to chip a little paint from the edges of the rear wings. I tell you at high speeds, the ducted bonnet, radiator duct, undertray and wing really make the car feel stuck to the road so much more than any other NSX I have driven.

Cheers,

AR

I suspect the two are indeed additive (1+1=2) but it's unlikely that one actually enhances the other (1+1=3). It's possible but it'd be more luck than judgement.

I believe the ducted bonnet is for cooling aero rather than downforce aero. If you seal off the front underfloor the air passing through the radiator has fewer places to go so the car could overheat in extreme conditions, hence Honda put the duct in the bonnet. The bonnet and raised rear wing of the NA2 R conspire to increase overall drag according to Honda. All other things being equal the flatter underfloor should lower drag so the other 2 changes must add more drag that the floor reduces it.

Cheers

Mark

AR
07-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I must have hit the jackpot then! LOL Can't have downforce without some trade off drag somewhere, unless you are really lucky or have an F1 wind tunnel and a team of engineers at your dispossal.

Senninha
07-03-2010, 10:18 PM
This aero discussion is well timed.

I was out with NSX2000 this morning. As often happens when you get a pop-up and 02 together, people start asking whats the difference.

Later in the day a couple of people commented that the early morning dust and salt being thrown up from the roads looked verrry different from behind the NSX's.

I can only put this down to the difference in aero package. Paul is completely OEM on his 55 whereas I have the bonnet / duct / undertrays x2 at the front / 02 mini rr spoiler / 02 RR rear spoiler and valence diffusor. When discussing what they could see, clearly the above is changing the airflow as the 'dust' from behind mine was lower and narrower on exit from the car.

As a package it works. And without it the car feels sooo different and light up front, less planted. As Ary says ... if we had w/tunnels and engineers (and £££) we could keep on tweaking. I dont so I'll remain satisfied that Honda R&D is good enough for me.

regards,

Paul