PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth buying?

nakamichi
26-02-2010, 08:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280462259385&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
what would it take to get it running on regular pump fuel and what would it cost?
Seriously considering it but don't know if it worth the trouble putting it back to a road car.
What do you guys think?
cheers

NSXGB
26-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Info for you.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7291&highlight=wizard

nakamichi
26-02-2010, 08:19 PM
cheers for that
I have been looking for the right NSX for ages.
If I could get that back to running on regular fuel I would be very interested.Would it be a simple as just putting another ECU in?

NSXGB
26-02-2010, 08:45 PM
cheers for that
I have been looking for the right NSX for ages.
If I could get that back to running on regular fuel I would be very interested.Would it be a simple as just putting another ECU in?

I don't see why not. Give Rash a shout, I believe he has a pile of the original bits, might even have the ECU.

Dave J
26-02-2010, 11:03 PM
It's not always as easy as just swapping an ECU as i've found from past experience but that was with turbo'd cars. A re-map is only around £250ish as the ECU is the expensive part. Why not re-map for super unleaded and keep the NOS in the map for use when the mood takes you............mmmmmm..........quite fancy that myself now :cool:
Dave.

Silver Surfer
26-02-2010, 11:26 PM
It would make more financial sense just to buy Minch's car...at least it is a manual !

SS

Dave J
27-02-2010, 07:59 AM
It would make more financial sense just to buy Minch's car...at least it is a manual !

SS

Very good point, i've had a manual and an auto and the power difference is very different. The auto goes well once wound up but seems to take it's time getting there whereas the manual seems to be much more lively.
Dave.

Rash
28-02-2010, 09:51 AM
As stated you would be better off just re-mapping the AEM ecu. Unfortunately i dont have the stock ECU. A re-map would cost around £300.

Cheers

Dave J
03-03-2010, 07:42 AM
As stated you would be better off just re-mapping the AEM ecu. Unfortunately i dont have the stock ECU. A re-map would cost around £300.

Cheers

A nice mapping session would be far more benificial and probably a lot less hassle. That would be an ideal car then with the comfort of an auto but with more power / torque than a manual, perfect!

amo
03-03-2010, 09:51 AM
i think i got a stock ecu some where, could sort some thing out
will take me a month to dig it out as im away

thx amo

Minch
03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
nakamichi,

I'm happy to take offers . . . I need to make room as I've now sold the property where its kept. Come down and take a look at it. I've spent about £8k on the car . . . it doesn't make sense for me to sell it but I've just got no room for her anymore.

You'll love the car, especially with the Nitron suspension. It transforms the handling!

PS . . . if you get an auto you'll only be disappointed!

Cheers
Nathan

Minch
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Wuuurrrrghh! That NSX on eBay is ****e! Sorry I know it might sound biased but what a heap of ****. That would be nothing but trouble.

Rash
03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
And why would it be trouble - Its been used and MAINTAINED regardless of cost.!!
Biased you probably are considering you are also selling yours.

Wuuurrrrghh! That NSX on eBay is ****e! Sorry I know it might sound biased but what a heap of ****. That would be nothing but trouble.

Rash
03-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the offer - I have 2 people interested in the car 'as is' One of them is taking it back to Europe. However if it doesnt sell by the time i get back from holiday (going on 18th March and return 19th April) then i will most probably buy a stock ECU or just get it Re-mapped and road legal with Tax/Mot etc..

Cheers
Rash

i think i got a stock ecu some where, could sort some thing out
will take me a month to dig it out as im away

thx amo

Minch
04-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Sorry if I caused offense. Just something I personally wouldn't entertain. Keeping an NSX is a bit of a passion anyway as parts aren't that easy to come by, but with modifications it must make it even harder.