PDA

View Full Version : Black roof on NSX

simonprelude
14-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Quick question if anyone knows.

On the Black roofed NSX's is the black actually paint or a sticker much the same as the covering on the S2000 windscreen frame ??

I have a suspicion that the roof is actually body coloured with a black sticker applied.

Any ideas ??

Paul
14-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I would think it's painted, though I'm not sure. If it were a sticker I'd have thought that it might have peeled, or shown signs of wear indicative of a sticker by the door handles, especially on higher mileage examples.

That's just my initial thoughts though.

Greybloke
14-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Well mine is painted :?

UltraViolet
14-09-2005, 09:53 PM
It is painted Simon

Jim
15-09-2005, 09:31 PM
I am in the process of T-CUTTING by NSX (10 hours in at the moment and almost finished) and was considering T-CUTTING the black roof on a 91' two tone. Has anyone done this before, as I am in two minds as to the result. I am using a little cutting compound so it will not leave scratches on the clear coat and will be polished with black wax.

Any advice.

Jim

simonprelude
16-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Looking at my roof and the consensus on prime I wouldn't.

Even if it is painted, it is painted on top of the body colour paint. Is it dull at all ?? Mine is very shiny, looks like new.

I am in the process of T-CUTTING by NSX (10 hours in at the moment and almost finished) and was considering T-CUTTING the black roof on a 91' two tone. Has anyone done this before, as I am in two minds as to the result. I am using a little cutting compound so it will not leave scratches on the clear coat and will be polished with black wax.

Any advice.

Jim

Jim
16-09-2005, 08:29 PM
The black roof has some small scratches on it and I was thinking that I would cut them out of the clear coat. I have just completed the rest of the car (looking good), but the roof is shinny and would show any mistaken use of T-CUT if the roof is not clear coat.

Are there any other product that I could use to remove scratches in the roof, only small ones (3inch and shallow, not down to the paint layer)

Jim