PDA

View Full Version : NSX costs per mile

Driver Matt
12-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I had my civic written off last week ( a nice lady crashed into me head-on) and I've had to use the NSX as a daily driver. I am trying to claim back the added expense from the insurers. Does anyone have a cost per mile for using the car. My best guess is £2.25.
Thanks

Dragonlady
12-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Hope you are ok.
Can you not hire a car and claim off her insurance? I did that a few years back when a woman wrote my Accord coupe off through a head on collision, she admitted liability.

Regards Sharon

NSX 2000
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I had my civic written off last week ( a nice lady crashed into me head-on) and I've had to use the NSX as a daily driver. I am trying to claim back the added expense from the insurers. Does anyone have a cost per mile for using the car. My best guess is £2.25.
Thanks

£2.25, thats about the same rate as a Taxi would charge, I can't see you being able to claim anymore than 40p per mile if you use your own car.

simonprelude
12-02-2010, 11:11 AM
£2.25.

Servicing is the same as a Civic, economy is pretty good, insurance is cheap, etc etc.

Fuel costs are about 20p per mile at most so 40p per mile is perfectly acceptable. You can't really factor in any depreciation as each car is unique.

However to hire an NSX would be at least £100 a day looking at similar car hire charges.

havoc
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Say £300-400 service every 6k miles.
Plus Petrol at 20ppm
Plus Insurance
Plus accelerated wear-and-tear to tyres and brakes

...even ignoring depreciation and 'fixed' costs like MOT and VED, you're easily talking 40ppm. And that's before any 'refresh' jobs, like we've all had...which IMHO will be the biggest cost after fuel.

JQD84983
13-02-2010, 09:05 AM
£2.25, thats about the same rate as a Taxi would charge, I can't see you being able to claim anymore than 40p per mile if you use your own car.

Got to agree with NSX200.

Insurance company will only stump up either the RAC rates per mile or the government tax level. 40p would seem a fair assessment.