PDA

View Full Version : NSX Fiesta Japan 20th Anniversary

Yokohama_91
10-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Dear All

Below is the text from a recent post to NSX Prime regarding the official Honda NSX 20th Anniversary Fiesta to be held in Suzuka, Japan [September or October or November 2010 - TBC]

If you ae interested in attending please post your interest and I will keep a file of potential NSXCB attendees and keep you updated regarding dates and planned activities. We will also be taking ideas of what you wouild like to do when visiting Japan, please feel free to comment on the proposed program.

Cheers

Simon Batters

#############################################

Dear Friends,

Next year as many of you know will be the 20th Anniversary of the car that we all love so much.

Hirofumi Tomiyoshi (president NSX club of Japan), Simon Batters and I (Kye Prigg) are taking the lead to help make it possible for a limited amount of NSX owners outside of Japan to join.

There is a possibility for around 30 [this can be increased - SB] of you interested from outside of Japan to join this event and see some other parts of this wonderful country at the same time if you wish.

The event will be held on a Friday and Saturday or a Sunday and Monday within September 2010 or in early November 2010 at the Suzuka circuit.

The exact dates cannot be decided at this time because the race calendar for 2010 is not yet set. We expect that we will be able to firm up the dates in February 2010 with Honda and the Suzuka circuit.

The rough idea for the itinerary looks like this

Day1(Wed)
"Prologue"
Arrive in Narita
Move to Tokyo
Check in hotel. We recommend staying in Shinagawa area.
(ex. Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa)
http://www.princehotels.com/en/takanawa/

Day2(Thu)
"Welcome to Japan"
Free Sightseeing and shopping in Tokyo by yourselves(Akihabara,Asakusa,Odaiba,Ginza etc).
http://www.hatobus.com/en/index.html

Welcome party in a live house(ex. kentos) Stay in Tokyo

Day3(Fri)
"HONDA tour" by chartered bus
Aoyama welcome plaza, Tokyo
Collection Hall, Motegi
Activities in Twin Ring Motegi
Return to Tokyo
Stay in Tokyo

Day4(Sun)
"Track event" Move to Suzuka by Shinkansen.
20th anniversary event in Suzuka
Stay in Suzuka circuit hotel

Day5(Mon)
"Technical event"
20th anniversary event in Suzuka
Visit to Factory booth for "NSX Refresh plan"
Stay in Suzuka circuit hotel

Day6(Tue)
"Social event" by chartered bus.
Sightseeing in Ise and Shima.
Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
http://www.tcmit.org/english/ Move to Tokyo by Shinkansen.
Stay in Tokyo

Day7
"Farewell"
Check out your hotel
Move to Narita
Leave from Japan

What I would like to do with this forum is start a discussion on firstly who is interested to join and secondly what would you like to do while in Japan if you had 7 days here and thirdly what ideas do you have for the fiesta itself (Tomiyoshi san is still firming up plans with Honda)

All comments and feedback/ideas are welcome. I will keep a separate excel sheet with name of people who tentatively would like to join.

Thanks, regards,
Kye

simonprelude
10-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm interested, apart from what is listed above I would also like to visit Macs as well as either the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium or Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan.

NSX 2000
10-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I would be very intrested in this. I would also like to visit Mugen if possable.

Would we be able to take the whole family or just a partner?

Paul.

Hagasan
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm interested, apart from what is listed above I would also like to visit Rays as welll as either the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium or Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan.

Is this for lunch or dinner??:D

Will watch how this goes as I'd love a trip to Japan as I've never been yet.....

havoc
10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Sadly I won't be able to make it (it sounds fantastic), but can I offer a couple of suggestions for 'general sightseeing' in Japan - we were there in April this year:-

- Nara or Nikko - two places with fantastic temples
- Kyoto - completely different to Tokyo, well worth a day or two...and if you're there, the Fushimi shrine about 20-mins south of the city (direct trains) is beautiful.
- (if October) somewhere woodland (Nara?) to see the autumn colours
- Mt Fuji, even if only in passing on the Shinkansen
- (if there on the 'right' Sunday in the month) the horseback-archery display at Kamakura - amazing skill on display.

markc
10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Is this for lunch or dinner??:D

RATFLMAO... genius Gary :)

simonprelude
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
RATFLMAO... genius Gary :)

...............both, I think we'll need a bigger plate.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Male_whale_shark_at_Georgia_Aquarium.jpg/800px-Male_whale_shark_at_Georgia_Aquarium.jpg

Yokohama_91
13-11-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm interested, apart from what is listed above I would also like to visit Macs as well as either the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium or Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan.

OK, Okinawa is a longish flight south from mainland Japan, but Osaka is not that far by train or car - so easy to arrange.

How many of you travelling?

Simon

Yokohama_91
13-11-2009, 07:10 AM
I would be very intrested in this. I would also like to visit Mugen if possable.

Paul.

Hi Paul

Families are very welcome there are always kids at this event, how many in your group and what are the ages?

Simon

bobbyswanbourne
13-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes. Tentatively interested. Never been to Japan and this just might be the best way to make a first visit. RG

Senninha
13-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Paul

Families are very welcome there are always kids at this event, how many in your group and what are the ages?

Simon

Firstly I am interested and would also be interested in bringing the family. How long is the flight time from the UK?

Intersted in a selection of the above proposals and would appreciate info on what is availale for the wives & children if they dont want to attend all the NSX 'events'

When in discussion with Honda, can you enquire if there is any chance of seeing the as yet, still born new supercar??

regards, Paul + 3

lotusolly
13-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I would also like to express a interest depending on my circumstances nearer the time.

Olly

NSX 2000
17-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi Paul

Simon

Hi Simon, my group would be myself and my wife and our two little girls who will be aged 2 and a bit and 3 and a bit by then.

The wife and I discussed this event and we are looking forward to it even if it is over a year away!

Just thinking outloud but thinking about bringing the NSX. What do you think?

Paul.

NSX 2000
17-11-2009, 06:44 PM
= How long is the flight time from the UK?

regards, Paul + 3

It's about a 12 hour flight. Picked the last week in september/october 2010 and BA have seats for under £800 per adult return and kids £600 return.

Think of all the NSX stuff we could bring back:drool:

NoelWatson
17-11-2009, 08:46 PM
It's about a 12 hour flight. Picked the last week in september/october 2010 and BA have seats for under £800 per adult return and kids £600 return.

Think of all the NSX stuff we could bring back:drool:

2 kids on a 12 hour flight! Brave man.

Senninha
18-11-2009, 10:48 PM
.......Just thinking outloud but thinking about bringing the NSX. What do you think?

Paul.

Now why did you have to go and say that? You know that's got me thinking about it too now!!!! :angry:

But, if its £800 for me, how much for the NSX ... and will it get its own seat? :laugh:

Have you looked into it? I think a couple of guys on Prime have been thinking about this too?

Forget a group buy, what about a group shipping deal?

regards, Paul

simonprelude
19-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I was thinking about taking a car, road trip..............

But now she's gone, unless I buy another one.

I was thinking more along the lines of driving one back.

nsxjapan
21-11-2009, 12:49 AM
- Nara or Nikko - two places with fantastic temples
- Kyoto - completely different to Tokyo, well worth a day or two...and if you're there, the Fushimi shrine about 20-mins south of the city (direct trains) is beautiful.
- (if October) somewhere woodland (Nara?) to see the autumn colours
- Mt Fuji, even if only in passing on the Shinkansen
- (if there on the 'right' Sunday in the month) the horseback-archery display at Kamakura - amazing skill on display.

Thank you for your suggestions.
I was born in Kyoto, so I agree with you.
Kyoto is not so far from Suzuka. I will arrange it.
You can see Mt. Fuji from Shinkansen.

Hirofumi

nsxjapan
21-11-2009, 12:58 AM

Paul.

I plan to visit some museums, tunning shops, tracks and others concerning about automobile.

For ladies and kids,
They have a chance to go shopping and sightseeing.
Suzuka circuit has amusement park in same site.
They can walk to there from circuit hotel.

Hirofumi

nsxjapan
21-11-2009, 01:09 AM
When in discussion with Honda, can you enquire if there is any chance of seeing the as yet, still born new supercar??

regards, Paul + 3

I heard next generation NSX project was finished.

You know 2009 is the final year NSXs challenge for Super GT race.
Next year 2010, HONDA will battle with ???

Hirofumi

nsxjapan
21-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I was thinking about taking a car, road trip..............

But now she's gone, unless I buy another one.

I was thinking more along the lines of driving one back.

I will take you to used NSX seller "MACS" in Tokyo. :)
They display many RHD NSXs.

Hirofumi

NSX 2000
21-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I plan to visit some museums, tunning shops, tracks and others concerning about automobile.

For ladies and kids,
They have a chance to go shopping and sightseeing.
Suzuka circuit has playland in same site. You can walk to there.

Hirofumi

Hi Hirofumi

We meet last year in France at Le Mans, it would be good to meet you in Japan next year:)

Paul

nsxjapan
23-12-2009, 08:40 AM
I met a person from MUGEN few days ago. He welcome NSXCB members visiting MUGEN Co..

I plan to take you to shops, NOVA, MACS and Spoon, too.

Alternative plan will be prepared for ladies and kids.

Hirofumi

Senninha
05-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Hirofumi,

Have you been able to firm up dates please?

I need to know if I'm booking for me or the family dependent on dates / school leave etc.

Many Thanx

Paul

NSX 2000
17-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Hirofumi,

Have you been able to firm up dates please?

I need to know if I'm booking for me or the family dependent on dates / school leave etc.

Many Thanx

Paul

Hi Paul, found this on prime

The date will be announced by HONDA soon. It will be the middle of November. So you can attend this celebrations event after NSXPO2010 in Las Vegas.

We can accept anybody who want to celebrate NSX 20th anniversary.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you.

Very best regards,
Hirofumi

mutley
18-01-2010, 12:08 AM
November has just written it off for me, I'l be in a different part of the world , and many thousand miles from any NSX's!!

forumadmin
18-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Sophie has been pestering me for holiday ideas for this year. I think I have found one. Plus Japan is on our list of destinations.

dan the man
19-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Hmm im gona keep an eye on this as Who knows... be SO cool to attend this on a 1st Japan visit. Hey Hirofumi are their any fields to walk through late at night? :D

As for LAS VEGAS now thats one i could easily Do..... Lets just say i have a very good lady friend From Vegas i met here for 2 days a month ago. She has just left after flying back for a week to see me again.......it seems i may end up Vegas in the summer ;)

Gary
04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I haven't logged in for a while so have only just seen this thread.

Please register my interest. It sounds a great idea. I've never been to Japan but always wanted to go and the chance to combine the visit with some NSX indulgence is too good to miss!

Thanks
Gary

sorepaws
04-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok so this isnt about an NSX - but a visit to the Tokyo Fish Market and really awesome Sushi/Sushimi is well worth the time - something to do on a free day (well early morning)

forumadmin
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
NSX Fiesta at Suzuka, Japan. Special arrangements are being made for the 20th Anniversary

Hagasan
18-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Just been looking on Prime and it seems the Yanks are getting their **** together booking flights etc......

Is this going to die quietly this end or are people making any plans independently?

NSX Fiesta at Suzuka, Japan. Special arrangements are being made for the 20th Anniversary

NSX 2000
18-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Just been looking on Prime and it seems the Yanks are getting their **** together booking flights etc......

Is this going to die quietly this end or are people making any plans independently?

If they are booking flights then it's purely on spec as Honda have not annouced a date yet.

The problem is the Japanese can go just for the weekend, the rest of us are going for a week so need to book time off work, book flights etc etc

At this stage I'm 95% sure I will go as I feel this is one of those once in life time trips:)

Senninha
19-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Much as I would like to do this I've taken the decision not to go for the 20th anniversary.

I'd want to be taking the family as its not likely to be an often repeated journey. So with confidence that the NSX family will live on, my plan is to attend the 25th anniversary when the kids are older and I dont have my wedding to pay for in the same year :)

I do hope some Uk owners attend and report back positively.

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
22-02-2010, 06:21 PM
looks like the dates are set.

Exciting!!

I revised and show you tentative plan.
Do you have any requests or questions?

TENTATIVE PLAN(revised)

NSX 20th Anniversary celebrations event in Japan

Nov. 16(Tue)"Prologue"
Arrive in Narita (NRT)
Move to Tokyo by yourselves (1.5hrs by bus)
Check in hotel(TBD). I recommend you to stay in Shinagawa, Tokyo.
(ex. Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa)
http://www.princehotels.com/en/takanawa/
Nov. 17(Wed)
Group 1 "Tune Up"  Shop tour by chartered bus
1. Fuji Speed Way
2. NOVA
3. MUGEN
4. SPOON
5. MACS
Group 2 "Yokoso Japan" by chartered bus for ladies and kids
Sightseeing and shopping (Akihabara, Asakusa, Odaiba, Ginza and other place you want to visit).
"Welcome night in Tokyo"
Welcome party in Roppongi with NSXCJ members
Stay in your hotel (TBD) in Tokyo.

Nov. 18(Thurs) "HONDA tour"
By chartered bus
1. Nikko Shrine (historical place)
2. HONDA Collection Hall, Motegi
3. Activities in Twin Ring Motegi
Return to your hotel (TBD) in Tokyo

Nov. 19(Fri)“Scenic tour”
Move to Kyoto by Shinkansen(2hrs)
1.Ride on a tram
http://www.sagano-kanko.co.jp/eng/index.htm
2.Drift down a river by boat
3.Arashiyama area (ex. Tenryuji temple)
Staying in Kyoto (TBD)

Nov. 20(Sat)“Historical tour”
1.Kinkakuji temple
2.Ryoanji temple
3.Nijo castle
4.Fushimi shrine
5.Museum(TBD)
Staying in Kyoto (TBD)

Nov. 21(Sun)"Track event"
Move to Suzuka by chartered bus(1.5hrs)
NSX Fiesta for 20th anniversary

Activities (TBD)
1.Parade
2.Go karting
3.Driving on slippery track – Competition
4.Driving NSX (if you can drive RHD)
5.Group photo
6.Exhibition (display NSX goods)
others
Every kids can enjoy at amusement park in same site

Banquet Dinner
Staying in Suzuka circuit hotel(booked by HONDA)

Nov. 22(Mon)"Technical event"
NSX Fiesta for 20th anniversary
Activities (TBD)
Factory tour at Refresh plan booth and lecture from HONDA
Move to Nagoya station by ?
Move from Nagoya to Tokyo by Shinkansen(2hrs)
Stay in Tokyo or Narita(TBD)

Nov. 23(Tue)"Farewell"
Check out your hotel
Leave from Narita(NRT)

If you return to United States, you arrive on same day.

Hirofumi

NSX 2000
22-02-2010, 10:30 PM
I've emailed Hirofumi Tomiyoshi and asked if he can confirm the dates so we can start to book flights.
I've asked if he can update this thread as well

Paul.

nsxjapan
28-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I've emailed Hirofumi Tomiyoshi and asked if he can confirm the dates so we can start to book flights.
I've asked if he can update this thread as well

Paul.

Hello friends,
Yes, NSX Fiesta will be held on Nov.21 and 22 at Suzuka circuit.
This date is announced by HONDA, so this is never changed.
I showed tentative plan for westerners on NSX Prime.
I recommend you to visit many place in Japan, those are
HONDA Collection Hall, Fuji Speedway, some temple or shrine in Kyoto
and others. But this plan is option.

About accommodation.
Grand Price Hotel Takanawa is headquater, so I recommend you to stay in this hotel. This hotel is located near JR Shinagawa station. I can suggest another Prince hotels around this hotel.

Now you cannot book this hotel rooms on their site.
http://www.princehotels.com/en/takanawa/ (http://www.princehotels.com/en/takanawa/)

Hotel rooms are prepaired by HONDA, so you don't need to book your rooms on Nov.21.

I am cosidering hotels in Kyoto now.

Can you estimate how many people will come to Japan?
Simon Batters and Kye who are coming from GB and live in Japan support me for this project.

Regards,
Hirofumi

Hagasan
27-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Is the tumbleweed rolling in?!?

NSX 2000
27-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Is the tumbleweed rolling in?!?

We're going just deciding if we take the kids or not.

Hagasan
22-11-2010, 10:28 AM
well I'm not aware of anyone going from the UK......I know most people on here will be aware of NSXprime but just in case you don't below is the link to pictures taken by the Americans at the event. Looks like quite a few people made it and are having a good time....seems they even got to drive NSX-R's around the track:eek:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142760

m666 edd
22-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Looks like a great event. Lots of organisation involved.

All those poor drivers that are used to right hand gear changing :)

havoc
22-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Fantastic thread - looks like Honda put on a really good show for them.

Some good photos from that chap too - reminded me of some of the places we visited. (Not convinced by the 'soft focus' effect he's put on many of them, but the composition was good)