PDA

View Full Version : Japfest

Senninha
26-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Japfest 2010

The 2010 Japfest preparations are now underway and in this, the official 20th Anniversary year of our beloved NSX, I'd like to make this the biggest turnout yet ... and I can only achieve this with your support!

This years event is on Saturday 15th May at the Castle Coombe circuit (J18 M4). Entry will be around £14 per head (TBC) and subject to what catering we may be able to arrange.

I am already in touch with Honda UK (thanx Chris) to see if we can obtain similar support as they provided for last years classic event.

I have contacted a couple of the Japanese car mags to see if any interest from them in this anniversary year.

With the right support I may even be able to deliver a couple of surprise NSX on the day.

There will be the opportunity of an NSX only track session on the main event day. Ian (Silver Bullet) has kindly offered his services to organise this element of the day, so look out for the track event thread. In our first year you may recall we made YouTube headlines as one of our former members proved that you can roll an NSX ... providing you wear an 'I am the Stig t-shirt!'
The 2nd year was fun, fast and safe as long as you stayed clear of Boomins' attempts to outslide Tiff needel.
We skipped last year but have the option to go again this year. An exclusive session for the NSXCB will be £600. So simply, the more who want to blow the cobwebs away, the less it will cost each one. Passengers are usually a fixed £5 charge.

And of course this year, we have the return of the Amo machine, the ultimate crowd pulling NSX.

So please, let's make this a memorable year for us all and the NSX.

Many Thanx

Paul

NoelWatson
26-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Let me know when you need some money - should be able to make this year.

amo
26-01-2010, 10:00 PM
im in and will do a track session not a prob anything i can do i shall try oh ya should have 600+ by then lol

thx amo

mutley
26-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Well Paul, count me in for this year, I was supposed to be away but that has been moved back to October.

Good Idea splitting the organising,(the track bit) why didn't we think of that. Not sure if I'll track it, but probably will.

PS what colour is yours going to be this year

Cheers
Jim

Silver Surfer
27-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Well Paul,

PS what colour is yours going to be this year

Cheers
Jim

That will be one of the 'surprise NSX's'.....;):D >.>> The other will be a 1990 AS special or fusilov's?!?...just Guessing

Or a cardboard one...Am I warm?

SS

m666 edd
27-01-2010, 08:04 AM
I'll be there.

NSXGB
27-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Looks like I won't have a job by then so if I can afford the petrol, I'll be there!

NSX 2000
27-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi Paul.

Should be able to make this:)

Do we need to start a list of people going?

Looks like I won't have a job by then so if I can afford the petrol, I'll be there!

Hi Simon, sorry to here about the job front, just goes to show it's still not all that rosy out there :(

Chris B N
27-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi Paul,
it's in the diary so almost certain that I will be there.

WhyOne?
27-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Ach. Sorry to hear this Simon.

Sounds like we need a trip to the pub whist you still have money to spend on beer!

:)

NSXGB
27-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Ach. Sorry to hear this Simon.

Sounds like we need a trip to the pub whist you still have money to spend on beer!

Any time Ian. Paul was threatening to venture out so maybe a mini meet is on the cards. . .

Driver Matt
27-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Count me in. Its my local circuit.

Dragonlady
27-01-2010, 06:07 PM
We might be interested in making the journey down. Is anyone planning to stay over the night before, or on the Saturday?

It looks to be about 4.5 hours drive from Lincoln so trying to decide what to do.

mutley
27-01-2010, 06:15 PM
We might be interested in making the journey down. Is anyone planning to stay over the night before, or on the Saturday?

It looks to be about 4.5 hours drive from Lincoln so trying to decide what to do.

I will be staying over on the friday night, as the drive for me will be about 9 hrs (536 miles)

Jim

m666 edd
27-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Show off :laugh:

Dragonlady
27-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I will be staying over on the friday night, as the drive for me will be about 9 hrs (536 miles)

Jim

And I thought that you maybe getting a lift on a "fat albert" to Lynham!

charlie:one
27-01-2010, 08:53 PM
hi all you can count me in for this one nigel

mutley
27-01-2010, 10:45 PM
And I thought that you maybe getting a lift on a "fat albert" to Lynham!

HAHA yeah if only! Not to worry, I have a habit of being the furthest away traveling to this event. 1st yr was from Belfast, last couple not too bad as I was in Bedfordshire (although the 2nd yr I had to do an emergency cluch change the day before). Last year was probably the only yr that I wasn't too far or had any problems, and this yr from away up here.

Anyhoo don't want to hijack the thread, although I'm guessing there will be another one started soon with an attendees list

Jim

amo
27-01-2010, 10:49 PM

mate wot work you do ?
there some work with the company im with give me a ring

thx amo

NSXGB
28-01-2010, 10:49 AM
mate wot work you do ?
there some work with the company im with give me a ring

thx amo

PM Amo......

Senninha
28-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi to All,

I like Jim's idea and if the list hits the numbers I'd like I'll transfer to a sperate thread. But for now, please add yourself to this list by copy and paste from the previous post into your entry please.

We're into double figures already ...

Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
6. Silver Surfer (please confirm)
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
15. Charlie : one

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?

Regards, Paul

WhyOne?
28-01-2010, 01:29 PM
12. Why One (please confirm)

I will if I can, but I am currently scheduled to be working abroad that weekend.

Will post here if this changes.

Hagasan
28-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
16. Hagasan

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?

lotusolly
28-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
16. Hagasan
17. Lotusolly

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?

Silver Surfer
29-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
6. Silver Surfer (maybe)
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
16. Hagasan
17. Lotusolly

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?

SS

Paul G
29-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
16. Hagasan

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?
2. Paul G

Ewan
30-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
16. Hagasan
17. Ewan

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?
2. Paul G

forumadmin
30-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Actually can we just say we are attending by use of the RSVP. It there to save the thread just getting longer and longer.

I could have started this thread off as an NSXCB event, if I was asked. :)

NSX France
30-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello to all

If you organize a great event for the 20th anniversary of the NSX after Ringfest in 2008
I am interested to travel from Paris and I am sure that other french owners can make the trip. Many lives in northern France.
We must organize a little something We have a meeting on 11/02/2010. I look at this side of the channel if other frog NSX want go to Japfest!

Why Not :

NSX France

Senninha
30-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Bonjour et merci pour votre intérêt. Il serait bien d'avoir vos amis et vous joindre à nous.

Hello to all

If you organize a great event for the 20th anniversary of the NSX after Ringfest in 2008
I am interested to travel from Paris and I am sure that other french owners can make the trip. Many lives in northern France.
We must organize a little something We have a meeting on 11/02/2010. I look at this side of the channel if other frog NSX want go to Japfest!

Why Not :

NSX France

It would be great if you are able to join us. Ringfest 2008 was a great time and one I remember fondly.

Please let me know when you have numbers of attendees.

Observe,

Paul

Andy
31-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Count me in
Attendee list

1. Senninha
2. Silver Bullet
3. Noel Watson
4. Amo
5. Mutley
7. m666edd
8. NSXGB
9. NSX 2000
10. Mystery Guest #1
11. Chris B N
12. Mystery Guest #2
13. Driver Matt
14. Dragonlady
16. Hagasan
17. Ewan
18. Andy

Possible Attendee List

1. Why One?
2. Paul G

Senninha
31-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Count me in

Hi Andy,

Look forward to seeing you there. Can you hit the RSVP in the ifrst post to add yourself to the list please.

Regards,

Paul

Senninha
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi All,

So we're off to a promising start with close to 20 confirmed attendees and another 8 tentatives.

If you haven't already done so, please use the RSVP buttons to show your Yes / No / Maybe for the event.

I'm currently waiting for a response from the organisers ref the price of tickets. There may be the possibility of some discounted ones for early booking. If this is the case I propose one of two things. Either the early birds get the savings, or (as is my prerference) we all pay the same entry fee per head, but this discount is used towards funding refreshments.

I'll await the response but have a think about this in the meantime please.

Regards, Paul

bobbyswanbourne
03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Put me down..does the car do more than 70 mph?

Senninha
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM

Only on the track officer ;) Be sure to add your name to the track thread and update here from 'maybe' to 'yes'

Look forward to seeing you there!

regards, Paul

Senninha
16-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi All,

The early indications are that this is going to be a great year for NSX attendance! We've 33 on the list (including maybe's) and I've just been exchanging pm's with the French owners club. We may have 5 or more of the club coming over to join us which is absolutely fantastic news and puts us frmly on track to set a new attendance record!!

They will require accomodation for the Friday evening so can anyone who has previously stayed on the Friday please provide hotel details. I'm probably looking to stay myself to ensure I'm on the gate bright and early!

I will shortly be discussing pitch options with the organisers so if you've yet to advise of your interest / attendance it would be great if you could do so this month please.

I note we're upto 10 track drivers and the French club may also require 2 spaces while they're here.

Regards,

Paul

Chris B N
17-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi Paul,
Probably as good as any is the Premier Inn at Chippenham (SN14 6UZ) which is 4.8 miles from C C. Cost £64 for the room.

as it's the 20th anniversary and looking good for a record turnout shall we go in style as last year in convoy from the Leigh Delamere services on the M4
( about 2 mile west of junc 17), Would be an awesome start to the day.

amo
17-02-2010, 12:43 PM
stand space my be in front where the gtr's normally go as we will be the only supercars there see if we can push there gay cars out

lol
thx amo

mutley
17-02-2010, 02:45 PM
stand space my be in front where the gtr's normally go as we will be the only supercars there see if we can push there gay cars out

lol
thx amo

Yeah BUT we have ALWAYS been the only supercars there.

Fingers crossed I'll be back on the road by then.

Jim

amo
17-02-2010, 04:38 PM

yes will do 120 - 130 i think iv done
so fill your boots

thx amo

Rob_Fenn
19-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Our NSX is in the Honda owner's magazine soon, which will mention the presence at Japfest this year.

Hopefully this will lead to more interest in the club and perhaps an official Honda presence.

NoelWatson
19-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Our NSX is in the Honda owner's magazine soon, which will mention the presence at Japfest this year.

Hopefully this will lead to more interest in the club and perhaps an official Honda presence.

O/T I saw your father's laptime on the board while at Plans yesterday.

NSXGB
19-02-2010, 05:12 PM
O/T I saw your father's laptime on the board while at Plans yesterday.

....and it was???

Rob_Fenn
19-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Must be pretty lame... the car was close to stock back then, a good few years back. Good fun though.

Dragonlady
28-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Has anyone heard any more about this? Do we book using the official website, or will there be a group code that we need to quote?

Senninha
28-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Has anyone heard any more about this? Do we book using the official website, or will there be a group code that we need to quote?

I emailed the organisers last week, as I'm waiting to work out which pitch we can get to put on our show ....

As for tickets, I'll be placing a group order as we will get display rates lower than standard gate tickets.

I'll be updating with the info once I have it and offering option for payment, ie either send cheque, Paypal or bank transfer.

In the meantime, if you dont see a members name on the attndee list and know them well, please give them a nudge.

The other info I'm waiting for is from Honda who are currently reviewing the events they will support this year. Given that Rob's car will be in the Honda magazine and promoting its attendance at this event, I'm hopeful they will support us.

regards, Paul

Dragonlady
28-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks Paul.

Sharon

Senninha
02-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Just received ...

Hi Paul

Sorry, we just had a site visit and will be addressing the layout shortly. Rest assured, will be trying my best to ensure NSX secure a good stand location.

Thanks and Regards
Ian

Will keep you posted on progress and when I need to start collecting cash.

regards, Paul

m666 edd
02-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Sounds good.

anachonda
09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I booked the boat!

I will be here!:) and i will be happy to meet some NSX members.

Greg

Senninha
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I booked the boat!

I will be here!:) and i will be happy to meet some NSX members.

Greg

We'll be sure to offer all our French owners a warm Japfest welcome.

Dont forget to advise Ian if you want to track your NSX via the Japfest track thread.

Regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Greg, that is great news that you are coming. Alot of members here will be happy to meet you. :)

Papalazarou
07-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi Paul, just wondered how we were paying for this.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
07-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi Paul, just wondered how we were paying for this.

Cheers,

James.

Ahh, so you spotted the flaw in my plan that we just turn up and blag our way in then!!

Ian has been very efficient and booked the track session. I've got tickets on hold but now need to confirm these.

Two reasons why I've left it late ....

1) I've been in regular contact with the organisers hoping to establish which location we have around the circuit. So far they still cannot advise where we will be.

2) Chris, Paul and me have all tried to obtain support form Honda UK for display material. This year they are sponsoring the BTCC with 2 x Civics. We're still working on Honda but can advise that they will offer invites for one of the seasons races later in the year.

So without further delay ... tickets and money.

The club price is £14 per adult including guests.

Children under 14 yrs have free entry.

This price gets you access to the full show and the club stand to safely display your NSX.

I will need to place the order for tickets no later than the 15th April. Therefore, can you please submit your cheques or Paypal to arrive no later than the 14th April 2010

I have sent a pm with my postal address to all on the list.

It is also possible to make payment via Paypal, but please either add 50p for charges or accept the charges yourself when making payment. Paypal payment to paul.finch@cw.com

2010 turnout .....

So far we have 35 confirmed NSX with our friends from NSX France.

There are 12 maybe's .....

I was hoping to get to mark the 20th Anniversary with a new UK record of collecting together 50 NSX. If all the above arrive we will be at 47.

I hate coming 2nd so if you're reading this and thinking about attending, whether you're an old or new owner, we'd love to see you and your P&J.

Its only 6 weekends to go .... which means I get married in 7!!!!!!! (which is actually the 3rd reason I'm late posting this info)

See you all at Japfest 2010, May 15th

Small Paddock display...

The organisers have asked if a small sub-group of owners (3-5 cars) would like to display their cars in the main paddock area.

Last year they did single cars which meant a potentially lonely day for the owner, hence the increase in numbers for niche vehicles this year.

Please let me know if you would like to display your NSX in the paddock. Please note this is the busiest area throughout the whole day and at present we have no way of roping off the area.

Regards, Paul

simonprelude
08-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Payment sent :)

Auto Spirit
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Paul,

Further to our recent pm exchange, I am delighted to confirm my attendance (plus 1). Will put cheque in the post.

First time for me to attend any kind of show of this nature so really excited about it and looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
Parvin

britlude
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
payment sent, hotel booked, just got tot start cleaning!

PeteM
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late addition, just realised I am on the track session list and not on this list as well.

Just let me know how much and where to send.

Regards,

Pete

Senninha
09-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi Rob (Fenn)

Please clear your pm inbox so I can get back to you ref your pm this morning....I have a few ideas to discuss please

regards,

Paul

DTA-Motorsport
09-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi there!

Blimey!! It's been a long time since I've been on this forum ...

Just wanted to add my name to the list of attendees for Saturday the 15th. As Matt, TheQuietOne, can't make it on that day he has kindly offered the use of his NSX to me for the day so that I may attend in his place. I know that I'll be a poor immitation of the man himself (I'm far less sarcastic but just as devilishly handsome ... ;)) but I hope you'll have me anyway! I'm really looking forward to being back in an NSX, even if it is only for a day!

I will send payment for my ticket through Paypal and PM Paul with the relevant adress details, etc.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Regards,

Dan

Senninha
09-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Dan,

Yes it will be good to see you again.

PM sent with details.

regards, Paul

jaytip
10-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Hi there!

Blimey!! It's been a long time since I've been on this forum ...

Just wanted to add my name to the list of attendees for Saturday the 15th. As Matt, TheQuietOne, can't make it on that day he has kindly offered the use of his NSX to me for the day so that I may attend in his place. I know that I'll be a poor immitation of the man himself (I'm far less sarcastic but just as devilishly handsome ... ;)) but I hope you'll have me anyway! I'm really looking forward to being back in an NSX, even if it is only for a day!

I will send payment for my ticket through Paypal and PM Paul with the relevant adress details, etc.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Regards,

Dan

Ary are you reading this. I reckon they need your car there too ;);)

Senninha
10-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanx to all who have responded so quickly to the request for funds.

There's a few additions coming in on the attendee list following my little PM. If you've sent funds but not updated the list please do so.

We are now well on track to exceed 40 NSX and tantalisingly close to getting over 50 NSX all together.

I'll be ordering the tickets on Thursday so please if you're going to join us, update the thread and pop the funds in the post/Paypal, Thanx!

Regards, Paul

11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Hi Paul,

Hope your keeping well!! I have just deposited the money of £28 into your paypal account for me plus one passenger!

Looking forward to seeing all you guys at Japfest :)

Also thanks for organising :)

Cheers,

Andy

Senninha
11-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Hello,

Could the kind owner who sent me the cheque for £28, Mr M A Ashraf, please provide your avatar name. I think I know who it is (has a number in the name) but need to be sure :)

Thank you to all who have responded so quickly by sending funds already.

I will be ordering later this week so if you've still to pop the cheque in the post or to push the buttons on Paypal, you've a few days left.

Regards,

Paul

TheQuietOne
11-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Hello,

Could the kind owner who sent me the cheque for £28, Mr M A Ashraf, please provide your avatar name. I think I know who it is (has a number in the name) but need to be sure :)

I will be ordering later this week so if you've still to pop the cheque in the post or to push the buttons on Paypal, you've a few days left.

Regards,

Paul

*cough* Amo *cough*

TheQuietOne
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Ary are you reading this. I reckon they need your car there too ;);)

Ha ha, you're not wrong. Really glad Dan can get the enjoyment of my car for the weekend and that he gets to stretch it's legs and help with Paul's event at the same time! Go on Ary let yours out on it's own too for others to ogle :cool:

amo
11-04-2010, 11:06 PM
hi mate that be me then

thx amo

Hello,

Regards,

Paul

Chris B N
12-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi Paul,
we might still make the 50
please pm me with your address so that I can send a cheque by return

Thanks Chris B N

DTA-Motorsport
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Excellent! Thanks for the PM Paul, I've just sent payment through Paypal.

Also, if there is anything I can offer my help/assistance with then please let me know.

Regards,

Dan

Senninha
13-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi Paul,
we might still make the 50
please pm me with your address so that I can send a cheque by return

Thanks Chris B N

Hi Chris,

PM sent, see you at Castle Coombe

regards, Paul

Rob Fenn - please call as per PM

Chris B N
13-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi Paul,
cheque in first class post today
cheers Chris

Greybloke
13-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Paul
Dont know if I'll be able to make it, but funds sent by paypal for one ticket in the hope I can.
Cheers

vtecdirect
15-04-2010, 06:37 AM
I too will be filling a space on the NSX stand this year. look forward to meeting you all. Oh and please dont laugh too much at my scabby black car. :D

Senninha
15-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi All,

Firstly a huge thanx to all who have swiftly made payments, my honeymoon fund is looking very healthy ;)!

Seriously, I am in daily contact with Japfest team and will have to place the order tomorrow latest.

I was offered a display area at the top of the paddock, however I have not accepted this for the following reasons;

1. past experience has shown that if we have a dry day then this area gets very dusty and presents a risk to paintwork
2. the pitch I was offered can only accomodate 40 cars max and they would be tightly packed in - not the best way to display the NSX IMO

So I have agreed that we can return to the same pitch we enjoyed last year, which will be on the outside of camp corner, on the grass, over looking the pitlane entrance. It also allows James plenty of space to practice his car display artistry!

There are a few names on the accepted list above that I still require payments from please. I've also had a few new names which are not on the list so turnout is on track to be a new UK NSX meeting record - Thank you!

In addition to the main NSX display, we have secured addition sapce in the main paddock that will be used by Rob & David Fenn's race team. They are bringing the new endurance race car. We are working with Japfest to obtain as much track time as possible for them.

Allocation of passenger rides are being worked out but will be co-ordinated around raising funds for the teams charity that Rob can provide further details on. Depending on the Castle Coombe authorities we could eb providing around 9 runs per hour during various sessions, including our own dedicated track time.

So as the header says, today is the last day for you to confirm you will be joining us through the group booking and we really would love to see you join us!

For those who have provided an SAE I will send out your tickets once received. For all others, I plan on being local overnight to ensure I'm on the gate bright and early on the Saturday. You will be able to collect tickets on arrival as in previous years.

Thanx again

Paul

NoelWatson
15-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Paul
Dont know if I'll be able to make it, but funds sent by paypal for one ticket in the hope I can.
Cheers

Paul,

I can't make it either (being dragged by Mrs to San Tropez that weekend, and seeing as how she has allowed me to buy a Clio 200/S2000 I can't say no). Please put money towards your beer fund if you haven't bought tickets yet.

Noel

Senninha
15-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Noel,

Thanx for the update and whilst I love the S2k, if the new toy is for discreet fun I'd go give the Clio a good thrashing!

Regards, Paul

Senninha
15-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi,

Apologies for not being able to make the link, but could Mr Greenaway please step forward :)

Confirmed attendees still to pay

Mark N

Maybe's with only a few hours left to become a confirmed :thumbsup:

indi pearl
Mark C
Mutley
Silver Surfer
The Sebring One
WhyOne?

If you're still a maybe but have paid, please move your registration into the confirmed list, Thank you.

And if you can all make it we will be 50 on the day!! So if you know any 'quiet' owners that maybe dont know of our little community, now's the time to give them a warm friendly nudge please.

The Pitch

I had confirmation today that we will be back to the outside of Camp Corner

The Race Car

We have the pitch, we've been a great offer to enable Rob 8 sessions during which we can run upto a max of 3 passenger runs per session. This will be selected randomly from charitable contributions

The Charity

http://www.rlsb.org.uk/ The Royal London Society for the Blind. More detail sto follow.

The Volunteers

We would like a few volunteers to help throughout the day in collecting raffle ticket (charity donations) for the charity and chance to win passenger runs in the race car.

Thats all for tonight!

regards, Paul

mutley
18-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Well I am totally gutted, as I am no longer going to be able to make it this year either, with the MoT failure, and I Have started my Pre-Deployment Training to go back to the hot & sandy place!!

I know this year will be one of the best turnout's so far too, truely gutted.

I just don't have the time to get the car on the road, so it will be SORN'd until I get back next year.

Cheers all
Jim

Paul G
18-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Paul

Stepping forward - PM sent

Cheers
PG

m666 edd
20-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Is anyone planning on staying at a hotel on the Friday night?

I might be in the area Friday and would be good to share a hotel rather than go back home then back up Saturday morning.

Ed

Senninha
20-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Ed,

Will send pm and catch up 2mrow

regards,

Paul

SILVER BULLET
24-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Sorry to barge in on this thread but we still have 4 places available on our NSX only track session, so if there are any of you out there who have be wondering whether to have a go on track now is your chance, please just add your name to the list on our Track Session thread or let me know by any other means,

Cheers,

Ian

Senninha
27-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Hi All,

Where does all the time go????

Quick update to say I've paid for and recieved all the docs (well a big envelope full of paper) so we are good to go.

I'll post out the ones to people who kindly supplied SAE's, all others will be on the gate - more details to follow.

I've ordered 50 car passes as I still hope to achieve this number of cars for the NSX display. I can order further tickets if you let me know this week at the club rate of £14, so if you're still undecided or one of the recent new member/owners and would like to join us all, please drop me line.

Honda have stumped with ... err, nothing to support us :( but did offer us the marquee for £1500 so I declined. All thier budget has been blown on the 2 Civics in this years BTCC and sponsorship of some dodgy channel 4 programmes watched by Jazz customers ....

regards for now,

Paul

WhyOne?
27-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Just to reduce a little uncertainty, I am now confirmed as a 'cannot attend' sadly.

I will be in the middle of the Algerian Sahara over the weekend of Japfest.

Have a great weekend chaps - I am sure you will do the NSX proud.

NSXGB
27-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I would like to ask a favour of anyone going to Japfest that also lives within a sensible distance of Crawley, Sussex. . .
I need a part collected that I've purchased from another member that I will pick up on my return from holiday. . . Nothing dodgy, I promise. Can anyone help me out please?

NSX 2000
27-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I would like to ask a favour of anyone going to Japfest that also lives within a sensible distance of Crawley, Sussex. . .
I need a part collected that I've purchased from another member that I will pick up on my return from holiday. . . Nothing dodgy, I promise. Can anyone help me out please?

Hi Simon

I'm sure I could :D but remember the part has to fit "in" the NSX not "on" so no wheels, bonnets ect :D

Paul

NSXGB
27-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Simon

I'm sure I could :D but remember the part has to fit "in" the NSX not "on" so no wheels, bonnets ect :D

Paul

I'll pay for the tow bar to be fitted :-)
Thanks Paul, box not that big,just a little heavy.
Top man.
PM on it's way.

NSX 2000
28-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Just working out what time I need to get there, I guess for people who are going on the NSX track session we need to be on site and parked up by 9:45 at the latest, so I would guess we need to be at the entrance gate by 9:30 at the latest?

Paul

PS will there be a convoy this year? If so can we go the right way this year:laugh:

Ewan
03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Just working out what time I need to get there, I guess for people who are going on the NSX track session we need to be on site and parked up by 9:45 at the latest, so I would guess we need to be at the entrance gate by 9:30 at the latest?

Paul

PS will there be a convoy this year? If so can we go the right way this year:laugh:

I'm up for convoying, though I promise I won't lead the way to the circuit ;-)

How about meeting at M4 J13 services at 7:45am for an 8am departure? Should get us to CC by not long after 9am, when the gates open.

I've started a SE Japfest convoy thread on http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?p=71028#post71028 - post your name there if you're joining.

m666 edd
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm about to book a hotel/b&b for the Friday night ~3 miles from castle combe. Just wondering whether anyone wants to share before I get a single room. Twin room is £75 (37.50 each) with English breakfast.

Senninha
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok boys & girls,

I've counted and put all the tickets and passes together that I'll be handing out at the gate next weekend. I may be at the circuit on Friday so if you are staying local on Friday we may meet up and I can supply your tickets at this time.

I have 5 spare car passes requiring owners. So if you've been watching and wondering about joining us for this special day, now is the time to put your hand up!

I also have 3 or possible 4 tickets available (Boomin may not be able to join) at the discounted club price of £14 (It will be £20 on the day).

If you'd like one of these please let me know and I'll put your name against them with payment on the day please.

HOW TO GET TO JAPFEST

We will be displaying our NSX at the same site as last year, on the outside of Camp Corner, alongside the pit lane entrance.

If you are arriving via the M4, the organisers have asked that you use Junction 18 (Ewan take note) as you will enter the circuit via Gate A.

Club access is from 6.30am, however I am currently aiming to arrive around 7am, which is still 2 hours ahead of the public gate opening time.

I look forward to seeing you all and dont forget to pack a few spare coppers for the charity draw with a chance to win a high speed passenger ride in Rob Fenn's race NSX (assumiing it has a safe running this weekend at Thruxton).

Front Plates

In previous years the local constabulary have been quite hot on front plates with 1 or 2 members having been pulled over. Obviously its your choice but have been advised.

See you next weekend.

Regards, Paul

simonprelude
07-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll hope to see you Friday and could do with one of the extra entry tickets too :)

Papalazarou
08-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Paul, I could do with one extra stand pass. I spoke to another NSXCB member and he's pretty sure he can make it.

Cheers,

James

Senninha
08-05-2010, 08:40 AM
4 passes remaining (1 goes to Papa)

2 tickets remaining (1 goes to Simon, the other to Papa)

m666 edd
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Paul,

Me and Chris B N are staying at Chippenham Friday night from around 5-6pm. Maybe we could meet up somewhere that evening if you've got spare time?

Cheers

Ed

Dragonlady
08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Paul,

Me and Chris B N are staying at Chippenham Friday night from around 5-6pm. Maybe we could meet up somewhere that evening if you've got spare time?

Cheers

Ed

Hi Ed,

Are you at the Premier Inn?

Ian

m666 edd
08-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Hi Ed,

Are you at the Premier Inn?

Ian

Yeah will be.

nobby
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
hi folks

unfortunately I am going to have to pull the plug on my attendance for this :no: ... with not having a car fully sourced yet but hoping to finalise VERY soon, I'm going to have to give it a miss ... would love to have came over and met fellow owners

hopefully there is a gathering of sorts next year or later on the year and if so i will do my very best and island hop over! ;)

hope everything goes well for the w'end will watch the boards with interest. plenty of photo's and vid's guys

have a great time folks

NSX France
10-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Ed

The french group is also at the Premier Inn Chippenham (thanks Chris B N)
First group from tunnel arrives at 8PM and second from Portsmouth at 11PM.

Paul,

Cheers

Ed

Auto Spirit
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Perhaps a silly question, but I'll ask anyway - is the driving access to the show area at Castle Coombe relatively 'ramp/kerb-free'? My car is LOW!

Looking forward to meeting you all (without scraping the front spoiler hopefully!) :)

m666 edd
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Auto Spirit:
I've been there a few times with my astra coupe and it's lower than my nsx and don't remember there being any problem areas.

NSX France:
I'm sure we'll all be in the restaurant / pub to meet up.

Chris B N
10-05-2010, 05:04 PM
All the Premier Inns either have their own bar Restaurant or are next door to a pub/restaurant
Chris

Senninha
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
5 Passes and 5 days to go ... please dont let them go to waste...

Ok boys & girls,

I have 5 spare car passes requiring owners. So if you've been watching and wondering about joining us for this special day, now is the time to put your hand up!

I also have 5 tickets available at the discounted club price of £14 (It will be £20 on the day).

If you'd like one of these please let me know and I'll put your name against them with payment on the day please.

Regards, Paul

DTA-Motorsport
11-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I really regret having to pull out of this at such short notice but I now no longer have access to Matt's car this coming weekend. I may still drive down in my other Japanese "pocket rocket" but will not be in a NSX ... :( Will hopefully still see you all there.

All the best,

Dan

vtecdirect
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I am still planning to be there, however i suffered a slight stroke like episode last week and my speech is very poor at the moment, so may not be too chatty. Will see you at the gate Paul. I will be in the wide bodied black thing and talking like a drunk lol.

Paul G
11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
5 Passes and 5 days to go ... please dont let them go to waste...

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to get my brother to come along (ex NSX owner!) Have asked him tonight, but he wont be able to let me know until friday, so if you can get rid of the tickets before then thats cool, if not and I get a postitive response from big brother then I will try a quick post friday night to see if there is a ticket available.

Cheers
PG

TheSebringOne
11-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Paul, I'm still trying to find out if I can get out of work last minute, but this is very unlikely, but if I can I will pm you. Hoping for good news!

TheQuietOne
11-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I really regret having to pull out of this at such short notice but I now no longer have access to Matt's car this coming weekend. I may still drive down in my other Japanese "pocket rocket" but will not be in a NSX ... :( Will hopefully still see you all there.

All the best,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I had apolgised to Paul already for the late change of plan so we can't be faulted on that front! I hope that this is to the benefit of another member but I'm sad my car won't be making up the beautiful display and allowing you the pleasure of an NSX trip after a long absence! I know you'll all have a great day, the Fenns car is probably worth the entry fee alone :-)

Regards,

Matt

amo
11-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Perhaps a silly question, but I'll ask anyway - is the driving access to the show area at Castle Coombe relatively 'ramp/kerb-free'? My car is LOW!

Looking forward to meeting you all (without scraping the front spoiler hopefully!) :)

mate you will be fine as i think my front is about 3 inchs ish lol

thx amo

Rob_Fenn
12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
So regarding the tickets, how will they know on the day that i've paid for a ticket, is there an entry list?

Senninha
13-05-2010, 05:49 AM
So regarding the tickets, how will they know on the day that i've paid for a ticket, is there an entry list?

I will be on the gate to hand them out. You simple advise that you are with the NSX owners club.

Britlude posted ... in previous years we have had to print out an A4 sheet to display in the screen when we get close to the circuit, so that the marshals know we are exhibiting, and guide us to the appropriate gate, rather than send us to the public carpark with the masses...

This year they have dispatched the car passes with the tickets so I have all of these ready for you on the gate.

As per my previous post ... entry is via GATE A and this is where you will find me with your pass and tickets.

I will PM my number to all who have tickets so you can call as you near the gate if you are not arriving in a larger group. If you are leading a group then only the lead need/may wish to call me

regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
13-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Would iit be OK to park our car (not an NSX) in the NSX area?

simonprelude
13-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Would iit be OK to park our car (not an NSX) in the NSX area?

Non NSX's are usually put at the back of the stand, Integra and CRV in the past. If the cars not Japanese they sometimes object at the gates but just say it's a support vehicle.

Rob_Fenn
13-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the headsup, will try and blag it then!

"Don't you know who i am?"

Greybloke
13-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Paul
I did send you a PM a few days ago, please advise.

Greybloke

NSXGB
13-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Have fun guys....I'm off to get some sun...:)

Senninha
13-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Paul

Greybloke

Hi Nick,

Thought I'd replied ... can you resend please?

regards, Paul

simonprelude
14-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Paul

Greybloke

+1 and a text, the joys of Japfest organising :)

NSX 2000
14-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Would it be a good or bad idea to pack a chair, so we have somewhere to sit, either wise we always seem to be standing around like lost sheep.

mutley
14-05-2010, 08:40 AM
To all going to Japfest 2010,

Have a brilliant day, I hope the weather is a little better than we have had in the past. I am truly gutted that I can't be there this year, it's an anual event I always look forward to long before it happens. If I wasn't so far up north I would have come along even without the car.

I am officially "mothballing" my NSX (not giving up on it though) until I get back next year, maybe get the odd chance to do litle bits on it before I go. All going well I just might be back in time for next years 'fest.

I'll look forward to seeing the photos.

Cheers
Jim

Senninha
14-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi All,

All PM's responded (I hope) and I've now sent my number to all that I believe to be attending.

I'll be at CC later today and back on site early 2mrow.

Please have a safe journey to site, remember its a well publicised event so the approach roads will have boys and girls with blue lights.

I'm looking forward to a great day!

regards, Paul

WhyOne?
14-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Have a great weekend one and all.

Forecast looks OK, and Paul says, take good care!

Rob_Fenn
14-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Really looking forward to it!

Don't forget your change for the charity raffle!

Dragonlady
14-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi is anyone meeting up at junction 17 on m4 in the morning?

Sharon

NSX 2000
14-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi is anyone meeting up at junction 17 on m4 in the morning?

Sharon

I'll be getting off at Jcn 17, but not sure what the rest of the convoy will do so happy for you to tag on the back :D (said in my best Frankie Howard voice oh er Mrs)

Paul

henry_mac
14-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Was caught last weekend at 100+ in my s2k by the BIB :-(, ... this could be my last jaunt for a while..

14-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I will try to meet up at J13 Chievely Services, if thats ok...I know its real short notice...but should be there :)

Catch you guys soon

Andy

SILVER BULLET
15-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Just wanted to say a big big thank you to Paul for organising this years event we had a really enjoyable day, with the weather just making it all perfect,roll on next year,

Cheers,

Ian:)

Ewan
15-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Just wanted to say a big big thank you to Paul for organising this years event we had a really enjoyable day, with the weather just making it all perfect,roll on next year,

Cheers,

Ian:)

Hear, Hear - thanks again to both of you, Paul & Ian, for sorting out the logistics of the main entrance and the track session. Much appreciated, and thanks for sorting the weather too ;-)

rgds
Ewan

15-05-2010, 10:37 PM
It was great to see familiar faces as well as some new ones!!

Had an amazing day!

I would like to send my thanks out to 'Seninnha' for organising the event and a thanks to 'NSX2000' for getting MOST of us to the show in no time at all!!!

........I would like to mention when we met at J13 there were some guys that left 20 mins before us......and when we arrived and parked up...it was at least another 20 mins for them to drive past the stand!!!

Cheers everyone...till the next one :)

Andy

TheSebringOne
16-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Sorry I couldn't make this one. I'm chuffed that you all had a great time and the weather stayed dry. Will be at the next one definately.

PeteM
16-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks again to Paul and Ian for organising this years event and booking the fantastic weather!

It was great to meet up with a few old faces and meet a few more new ones.

Had a fantastic day and enjoyed the track session immensely.

Cheers

Pete.

Rob_Fenn
16-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Would also like to say thanks to Paul and Ian for organising the event, top work!

It was a good day, we got over £500 for the charity so very pleased. Just a shame i had no time to actually spend time on the NSX stand which i was keen to do...

Hope everyone got home safely, took us 4 hours to get there, 2 to get back!

Kaz-kzukNA1
16-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Finally, managed to find how to post this without clicking on the ‘quick reply’ button…

I also would like to say big thank you to Paul and Ian for organising this event and the track session.

It was great to see some of the owners from France and I think Kiyoko enjoyed the chat in French as well.

Really enjoyed talking to many owners including the on-site support for some of the owners… For some reason, always something happens at the NSX Meeting....

After watching Rob’s race car on track, I wanted to visit his stand but just couldn’t find enough time yesterday…. Hope you will bring your car again to the future event.

As a bonus, the weather was on our side and I even got sun tan as well.

Once again, thank you to everyone for providing us with the great time.

Regards,
Kaz

atrgirl
16-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi guys and girls, I also wanted to say how impressed I was with the stand, the organisation of it all and how friendly the people I met were towards a newbie :)

For those that I didn't get to say hello to, I was there with my Husband Andy (vtecdirect) and this was my first time on the NSX stand, but hopefully not our last as I am still determined to one day own a midnight purple NSX :D

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Rob because one of our Dutch friends that was over for Japfest and staying with us in the hotel for the friday and saturday night had an absolute ball as a passenger, he is now saving up his Euro's so he can own one :thumbsup:

Having been members on numerous other car forums, I do have to stress just how welcoming you guys are, patient in answering questions (that I'm sure you've been asked time after time), to allow photographs and to take the time to talk to anyone who ventures onto the stand. It was an absolute pleasure, Thank you

britlude
16-05-2010, 02:37 PM
thank to all involved, and whoever prayed to the Gods for the weather!!

nice to see Robs car on the track, sounded sweet!!! i'll post my pics later!

Paul G
16-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Just like to add my thanks to Paul and Ian for all their efforts in bringing this event together for all of us to enjoy, great work guys. I know there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes, much appriciated. Paul, thanks for waiting with our tickets (unfortunalty with around 15 cars in convoy the last few of us couldn't keep in tow due to roundabouts and traffic!) I think we took an additional 40 minutes to reach the track ;-( and you still had a smile on your face!

It was great to meet both old and new faces, as ever, a very friendly group of NSX nuts ;-) that always make you feel welcome.

A special thanks to Kaz. I, like everyone else I have spoken too, enjoy talking to Kaz and listening to his fast knowlegde of our P&J's. I had and issue which we spoke about and Kaz very Kindly came over and took a look, nothing seemed too much of a problem for him, even down to checking and inflating my tyre pressures! I will be in touch for one of the now famous "health check" services (Just need to join the queue) and to let you look at my TCS light in more depth. Thanks ;-)

Cheers
PG

CrazyMixedUpKid
16-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Many thanks guys - perfect day!

Cheers
Paul

lotusolly
16-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Many thanks to Paul (especially with the grief you must be having in arranging for next weekend!) and Ian for what was once again a great day.

Good to catch up with people although getting stuck in the Queue on the way in meant that the morning was a bit rushed getting to the track session and didn't manage to chat with people as much as I would have liked.

Olly

NSX 2000
16-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Just another thankyou to Paul and Ian, well done chaps :beer:

Plus as others have said good to see old and new faces, plus some new NSX's :D

Paul

PS hope I didn't drive to fast :laugh:

Auto Spirit
16-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say a few words. As a newbie to this kind of thing, first of all a massive thank you to the organisers and especially to Paul for prompting me to take part. :thumbsup:

Being a first show for me, I didn't really know what to expect, but it was an amazing experience - from the convoy along the M4 to the fantastically organised nsx stand I thought it was just brilliant. I only got to chat to few of you but I hope to meet more of you properly when I am not such a 'shy newcomer'. :embarassed:

After taking a wander around the rest of the stands, I do think the Japfest organisers have a lot to thank the nsx boys for - not least for the rather large injection of class [or is it just me being snobby lol].

All the best,
Parvin

So once again, a big thank you and I look forward to the next get-together!

P.S. How many nsx's did we have in the end? [I stopped counting at around 30]

mart155
17-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to Paul for grasping the nettle this year and organising everything. It was great to see everyone again as well as a few new faces.
James, the new car looks lovely and your new exhaust sounded sweeeet when you were on the track.

Already looking forward to next year.

Senninha
17-05-2010, 08:01 AM
After a couple of rather damp Japfests we were blessed with a lovely dry and sunny day this year.

Just a short reply for now (another big event next weekend to finalise ;)), and for now its just to say thankyou to all who attended and made it such a great day ... without everyone making the effort, Jon's full stand photo could have been the result .....

Special thanks to Ian for taking on the track, to Christophe for leading the very friendly French contingent and for cruising the homeward M4 with me.

With a few late cancellations my aim of delivering 50 NSX for the show resulted in 42 plus the Race car.

See you all next year

regards, Paul

Chris B N
17-05-2010, 04:11 PM
well done Paul on organising a great day on Saturday, all the best for next weekend.

Silver Surfer
17-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Did the club win the 'best car club stand' this year?

SS

uksharky
17-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi all, newbie here, just registered to say how impressed my lad and I were with your stand at Japfest. It was awesome to see so many NSX's in one place, some lovely cars and as one of your members has mentioned, did bring a touch of class to the show :).

Should reckon your in with a shout for best club stand.

Cheers

NSX France
18-05-2010, 12:01 PM
From France, thank you very much for this beautiful Japfest.

It was a wonderful trip through England and all things were easy and cool, except for sunburn.

A big thank you to Paul (Black), Paul (White), but also to Ian and to all members of NSXCB.

Dragonlady
18-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Big thanks to Paul for organising this event and to everyone for making us so welcome. We look forward to seeing you all at the next one.

anachonda
18-05-2010, 09:04 PM
It was a fabulous week end for me. Very happy to meet some members of your Club.

Very nice cars. Lot of yellow Nsx, i never saw as much Yellow NSX, 5 in same time!

I hope see you in near futur, may be in France!

Thanks at all for your help.

Grégory