PDA

View Full Version : Driving abroad - Car sharing question

m666 edd
25-01-2010, 08:06 PM
A few of us are thinking of going to Val Thorens on a snowboarding/skiing trip and we want to share the driving.

How is the car insurance dealt with abroad? UK insurers say named drivers aren't covered out of the UK. I seem to remember insurers saying you can't insure the same car with more than 1 policy but how does it work abroad?

NSX 2000
25-01-2010, 09:50 PM
A few of us are thinking of going to Val Thorens on a snowboarding/skiing trip and we want to share the driving.

How is the car insurance dealt with abroad? UK insurers say named drivers aren't covered out of the UK. I seem to remember insurers saying you can't insure the same car with more than 1 policy but how does it work abroad?

When ever I go to europe I always get who ever comes with me covered just in case and always tell the insurance company and they have never said no.

Chris B N
27-01-2010, 11:35 AM
when I went to Le Mans last year my Insurance company extended the cover for a colleague for the 6 days, cost around £25 which included £10 administration fee. As it happens he didn't drive but we had peace of mind for very little cost.