PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS4

Silver Surfer
15-01-2010, 08:54 PM
And I don't live that far away either.

Technically I should be able to speak the lingo.....

You don't mind being shown up by an Audi RS4 though do you?:laugh:

Feeling excited for tomorrow Kev? ;)

SS

NSX 2000
15-01-2010, 10:34 PM
You don't mind being shown up by an Audi RS4 though do you?:laugh:

At what point would that be then, when the suspension gives or when the turbo blows up :laugh:

forumadmin
15-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Feeling excited for tomorrow Kev? ;)

SS

Yes. Have a mass of paperwork to do before I can drive the car. I guess the Swiss are used to it, but it's such a different system to the UK.

Cool thing about insurance here is that is covers the car, not the driver. So anyone can drive. Also nowhere near the number of questions and clauses to try and reduce the premium a fraction (or get out of paying a claim).

ps. Me and SS are Audi RS4 bores now.

TheSebringOne
15-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Kevin, please post some pics of your new car. I must admit I do like them very much and road tested a friend of a friend's car when they first came out.

Silver Surfer
16-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I have a B6 RS4. After reading too many stories about the valves clogging up, I'm staying clear. Also the 'experts' on the forums, rate the older car as being more the driver's car.....bla bla bla. Enough talk of Audi's here now, no more.

B5 RS4....the Avant only true RS4!;)

SS

forumadmin
16-01-2010, 06:21 PM
B5 RS4....the Avant only true RS4!;)

SS

Gawd! Sorry yes a B5. Just shows how much I care really.

NoelWatson
16-01-2010, 07:08 PM
the 'experts' on the forums, rate the older car as being more the driver's car.....bla bla bla. Enough talk of Audi's here now, no more.

I thought the magazines rated the later RS4 much more highly? But the B5 is extremely quick when modified (when it doesn't catch fire!)

Senninha
17-01-2010, 10:29 PM
.......RS4. After reading too many stories about the valves clogging up, I'm staying clear. .........

Couple of guys at our plac are having new engines under warranty thanks to the direct injection problems .... isnt it the same unit in the R8?

TheSebringOne
18-01-2010, 12:23 AM
The only difference I know bewteen the units in a second gen RS4 & the R8 is that one has a dry sump? Think its the R8?

NoelWatson
18-01-2010, 08:36 AM
The only difference I know bewteen the units in a second gen RS4 & the R8 is that one has a dry sump? Think its the R8?

Comparison here

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0704_audi_r8_rs4_dyno_test/index.html

forumadmin
18-01-2010, 08:57 AM
This thread is made from edited posts from elsewhere.

forumadmin
18-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Couple of guys at our plac are having new engines under warranty thanks to the direct injection problems .... isnt it the same unit in the R8?

It's not just the R8. It's any FSI engine, this inlcudes the 1.8 engines in smaller cars. They put it down to the direct injection, and that there is no petrol sprayed onto the backs of the inlet valves to keep them clean. However Mitsubishi have been making GDI engines for ages.