PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road

Greybloke
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Ok I know its my nearest and regular dealer, for whom i have been a good customer, but I constantly read of bad customer service and overcharging at some dealerships. My own recent experiences a happy one :)

My NSX has only been in my ownership for about 6 weeks, when I started to experience a bad crunch when changing between 4/5 gear. I also thought the clutch was either out of adjustment or on the way out.

Booked in at Norton Way Honda to investigate on a Monday morning. By Tuesday the gaerbox had been extracted and stripped to unearth a worn synchro. The clutch was also worn, but still with some life. I asked for a quote to replace the clutch plates (two) whilst all was stripped which came in at £300 ish

Parts immediately ordered before they had warranty authorisation, and I was issued with a Jazz to drive until works complete. Some of the associated parts however proved elusive and had to be sourced from Japan, so come Friday I was contacted to "Upgrade" the Jazz. I picked up one of the demonstrator FRV's which I have now driven for 2 weeks ( Quite a good car if you need a bus, well spec'd stable and quite nippy once vtec kicks in) I have been telephoned regularly by the service team to report on progress of parts and works, culminating today with "Mr Scott your NSX is all complete and awaiting collection"

I collected her tonight, she had been valeted throughout, and the bill for the new clutch was (only) £296. I'm impressed, the car has been transformed, they dealt with the warranty claim without fuss, kept me informed all the way through, (even got a call from Ivan at Chiswick :lol: ) looked after me by way of interesting courtesy transport, and didn't charge any labour for installing and adjusting the new clutch components. The gearbox is now so smooth , positive. and a joy! :thumbup:

Really looking forward to getting to know her after 3 weeks, just a pity about the cr@p weather :mad:

So thanks Norton Way Honda, good job again, I know the parts delay was out of your control, but you made it bearable. Oh and cheers Ivan if you're here :mrgreen:

Kevin
13-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Norton Way are my local dealer too. Never had a problem with them. Honda also use them for servicing the cars they supply to BAR, (and Jordan).

It shouldn't be a surprise when you see how many 'Dealership of the Year' awards they have.

simonprelude
14-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Thought Trident serviced JB's ??

Norton Way are my local dealer too. Never had a problem with them. Honda also use them for servicing the cars they supply to BAR, (and Jordan).

It shouldn't be a surprise when you see how many 'Dealership of the Year' awards they have.