PDA

View Full Version : 24th and 25th Aug 2010

NSX 2000
15-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi All

Have not put this in the events section as we just want to see if anybody would be intrested in the following trak day/days

Two days at the former French Grand Prix circuit at Dijon on August 24th &25th. This is being organasied by a British company so no need to worry about not speaking the lingo :D

To make this more of an NSX event a NSXCB member has very kindly offered to put a few people up at their place which is only 30 minutes from the circuit. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions please post :)

Paul

forumadmin
15-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi All

Have not put this in the events section as we just want to see if anybody would be intrested in the following trak day/days

Two days at the former French Grand Prix circuit at Dijon on August 24th &25th. This is being organasied by a British company so no need to worry about not speaking the lingo :D

To make this more of an NSX event a NSXCB member has very kindly offered to put a few people up at their place which is only 30 minutes from the circuit. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions please post :)

Paul

And I don't live that far away either.

Technically I should be able to speak the lingo.....

m666 edd
15-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Sounds fun, but I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by Kev :D

NoelWatson
15-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Can I bring something other than an NSX?

Senninha
15-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi Paul,

What are the travelling days? Is it out Monday back ???

Interested.

regards, Paul

Senninha
15-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Can I bring something other than an NSX?

Whats wrong with bringing the NSX?

NoelWatson
15-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Whats wrong with bringing the NSX?

I want something that I won't worry if I kill it. Something that is mass produced and common.

P.S. Did you get my message re. VMax?

forumadmin
15-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Sounds fun, but I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by Kev :D

Bring you car along, and I'll show you what it can do. :)

markc
16-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I believe the event in question is an RMA Paddock Club ( http://www.rmatrackdays.com/?id=paddock_club ) which may well take in Magny Cours the following day as last years one did.

I'm not sure if you can elect to do just one of them, do you know Paul? Their calendar isn't published on the website yet so no event prices either. Can you let us know when dates and costs are fixed :)

Cheers

Mark

forumadmin
16-01-2010, 01:39 PM
The events are on the calender as Circuit Club events. No prices as you say though. Preference will probably be given to people that are members though.

NSX 2000
16-01-2010, 11:07 PM
The events are on the calender as Circuit Club events. No prices as you say though. Preference will probably be given to people that are members though.

Kevin, you must know by now it's not what you know but who you know :think:

Mark and I had a chat then I had a chat with RMA and let them know that a few of us might be intrested in hence the post.

Kaz-kzukNA1
17-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Late August in Dijon and Magny Cours…. I haven’t been there for a while now but it could be hot and humid from time to time even close to September so please look after the fluid temperature especially the engine oil temperature (no OEM gauge though…). This is more important on C32B 3.2L engine. No need to tell you about the importance of Cool down lap.

Watch out for the local police hiding behind the trees, buildings, bridges, etc.
Very casual but good steak restaurant LA Grande Chaumiere near the Circuit de Nevers (Magny Cours Circuit).
If you can, please visit Beaune from Dijon to bring back some nice wine or Epernay near Reims on the way back for the great Champagne (for future NSXCB event??).

Regards,
Kaz

forumadmin
18-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Kevin, you must know by now it's not what you know but who you know :think:

Mark and I had a chat then I had a chat with RMA and let them know that a few of us might be intrested in hence the post.

Being a member of RMA, I don't particularly have an issue. I have talked with Graham before about the Nurburgring days. He was happy to accomodate a number of NSXs, as he believes we would all drive 'responsibly'. However when the cost of a RMA day to the ring is compared to a open public day, of course no-one wanted to go.

ps. Audi chit chat has been removed from this thread.

NSX 2000
18-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Being a member of RMA, I don't particularly have an issue. I have talked with Graham before about the Nurburgring days. He was happy to accomodate a number of NSXs, as he believes we would all drive 'responsibly'. However when the cost of a RMA day to the ring is compared to a open public day, of course no-one wanted to go.

ps. Audi chit chat has been removed from this thread.

Hi Kevin,

Yes we NSX drivers do seem to have a better reputation than most :)

I'll give this thread to the end of the week and then put a list of intrested parties up plus I may be able to let you know costs, but I would guesstemate £600 plus but not sure what this includes.

Paul.

NoelWatson
18-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Kevin,

Yes we NSX drivers do seem to have a better reputation than most :)

I'll give this thread to the end of the week and then put a list of intrested parties up plus I may be able to let you know costs, but I would guesstemate £600 plus but not sure what this includes.

Paul.

Paul,

Please put me down and also let me know what vehicles are acceptable.

NSX 2000
24-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Paul,

Please put me down and also let me know what vehicles are acceptable.

Noel

Any vehicle is OK, but woudn't recommend a Morris Minor :laugh:

Paul

NSX 2000
24-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi All

RMA has now published the cost for 2 days track time at Dijon, it will cost £895 and this only covers the use of the track for 2 days, the main reasson for the high cost is the poor pound against the Euro.

So who is still intrested.

Paul.

NoelWatson
26-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi All

RMA has now published the cost for 2 days track time at Dijon, it will cost £895 and this only covers the use of the track for 2 days, the main reasson for the high cost is the poor pound against the Euro.

So who is still intrested.

Paul.

Me please.

Senninha
26-01-2010, 08:56 PM
When do you need to know by?

havoc
26-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Quick question - how does Dijon compare with Spa?

NSX 2000
26-01-2010, 10:15 PM
When do you need to know by?

I'm not really sure will need to ask, but I would of thought the sooner the better.

Paul.

markc
26-01-2010, 10:24 PM

Well it's an old style track with plenty of elevation change not a flat converted airfield. The facilities are on a par with somewhere like Brands Hatch. The biggest race they run there at the moment is an FIA GT race each year.

There are a couple of aerial pics on the circuit homepage here... http://www.circuit-dijon-prenois.com/fr/circuit-dijon-prenois

You can see a bit of the circuit on this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhxMnYlkHeI

Cheers

Mark

NSX 2000
26-01-2010, 10:24 PM

I can't comment on Dijon (yet ;) ) but Spa is a very fast track, so suits the modern day super/hyper car.