PDA

View Full Version : Wanted RHD LA-NA2 NSX-T Midnight Purple Pearl 3.2 6MT

NZNick
14-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I know that this is asking a lot, but if there is one out there - I want it !!

As per title, I'm looking for a Midnight Purple Pearl NSX-T built after September 21st 1999 with the LA-NA2 chassis code denoting the LEV engine. The interior colour must be Black not Tan, and the leather must be smooth and perforated, not gathered like the previous cars. I would expect the interior, bodywork and wheels to be OEM - an aftermarket exhaust is probably inevitable.

Condition must be first class, with a full history.

I know that it is a long shot for there to be a UK car with this exact specification, and so far I haven't been able to find one on the Japanese market, but if there is one out there I'm more than interested. Location not important - to get to me it'll have to be shipped.

Senninha
14-01-2010, 08:58 AM
NZNick,

To the best of my knowledge, the combo your are keen to purchase didn't make it to the UK. The latest Midnight Purple's in the UK were NA1 cars.

Good Luck in your hunt.

regards,

WhyOne?
14-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I know that this is asking a lot.......

You are not wrong!

NoelWatson
14-01-2010, 09:33 AM
the LA-NA2 chassis code denoting the LEV engine.
Can I ask why?

simonprelude
14-01-2010, 11:11 AM
JHMNA2170XT000006
C32B230000063
*abc123d*
NSX
PURPLE
28-Apr-99

Would this fit the bill, however I think it's a targa.

WhyOne?
14-01-2010, 11:12 AM
..... however I think it's a targa.

Nick is looking for a targa!

simonprelude
14-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Nick is looking for a targa!

I know, I only think, will have to check the VIN, not sure how the LEV engine is specified in the VIN either, looking at some 55 plate cars I don't think it is.

I think it's also a CatD :(

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-01-2010, 02:09 PM
....... Midnight Purple Pearl NSX-T built after September 21st 1999 with the LA-NA2 chassis code denoting the LEV engine. The interior colour must be Black not Tan, and the leather must be smooth and perforated, not gathered like the previous cars. I would expect the interior, bodywork and wheels to be OEM - an aftermarket exhaust is probably inevitable.

Condition must be first class, with a full history.

Hi, NZNick.

Looks like you have done some home work on JDM NSX so I would like to provide you with some extra info.

Probably, you already knew but UK (and also New Zealand) doesn’t use the same VIN system as Japan.
Therefore, most of the people here on NSXCB won’t understand the code ‘LA-NA2’.

Just for the clarification, are you after the Face lifted model?
The reason I’m asking this is that LEV engine for NSX was introduced in Japan from Sep/99 which is the same timing as in your post. However, the model code for this year was GH-NA2.

In your post, you stated that you are after the LA-NA2 model. This was only available from Dec/01 in Japan. This was when the face lifted model was introduced to the market.

If you are after the Face lifted NA2 Targa MT with your specific body and interior colour plus several OEM conditions, I don’t even know whether it was ever existed in the UK market or not.

JHMNA2170XT000006

99 model, NA2, Targa, MT, EPS.
Not LEV engine. In UK, LEV was introduced from 2000 model. I'm not a fan of using the 'year model' so please don't confuse this with the actual built year.

Regards,
Kaz

Sudesh
14-01-2010, 07:45 PM
As far as I'm aware and I have a vast amount of NSX pics from all regions; Midnight purple was only ever available in the UK in Targa form anyway. I have seen one standard coupe in midnight purple and that was in Japan and most likely produced under the special build option or maybe a respary? and I have seen a Type-S in midnight purple whic is also a coupe, and a 1999 car.

I have yet to see a facelift in Japan in that color. Also all the midnight purple cars in the UK will have the creased leather as apposed to the smooth leather of later cars, unless it has been upgraded.

NZNick
14-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys for all the info and comments. Yes, I'm after a RHD Targa, and yes I'm after a 3.2.

The other details are more wishes than strict conditions based upon my research of the various incarnations and evolutions of the NSX.

The LEV engine status (i.e. most modern) wish was just to appease the "green" part of me, the smooth door leather purely a taste thing which I guess can be changed.

Thanks Kaz for putting me straight on the LA code and also for the info on the GH code. So the GH-NA2 was available as a regular coupe, Type T and Type S in Japan?

As for pop-up vs. facelift - I'm still undecided - I really need to see more cars in the flesh.

I test-drove an Integra DC5 Type R here back in 2003 - the suspension was just too hard and crashy on the roads here, that is one reason why I would prefer the slightly softer Targa set up. Another is that I would like to experience that 'wind in the hair' feeling again. Better grow some hair first.........

As for my colour choice, I was after the most classy colour, not the fastest....;) Seriously, I like Purple most, but would settle for almost any colour, but can't be doing with Tan leather.... far too 'Magnum PI Ferrari' for my taste.

Thanks again - the search continues !!

Senninha
14-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi Nick,

The 3.2 T is a very beast in the UK in either pop-up or facelift styling. When I was searching for mine I decided on the spec but left colour as an option but with a preference for a darker colour as to me it provides that classier look, as you are after, and avoids the 'is it a ferrari' look of the red cars.

I'm not aware of any dark T's for sale at present. If you decide a facelift car hits the spot, there may be one later in the year that a friend of mine knows off.

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
14-01-2010, 11:25 PM
The only 'dark' targa for sale is Green....(Pistonheads classified)

SS

simonprelude
16-01-2010, 10:37 AM
This is the only UK one I know of (as above, no LEV engine though and unsure of the interior)

havoc
16-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Nick,

I've driven a fair few performance Hondas:-
- DC2 (several)
- DC5
- S2000 ('02 MY and '04 MY)
- EP3
- NSX (Coupe and Targa 3.0 (both 95+), '02 Coupe 3.2)

...and I can safely say that the DC5 (JDM-spec, as I think they all were) was the stiffest and crashiest of the lot - beautiful on smooth tarmac/track, where it was an absolute limpet - substantially more grip than the DC2 - but a real handful on a typical UK B-road.

By contrast, all the variants of NSX are more comparable to / in-line with a DC2 - my NA1 3.0 Coupe on 16/17" wheels is actually a slightly more supple and composed ride than my DC2 (the 3.0 Targa I drove felt like a magic-carpet!), and the facelift NA2 3.2 Coupe on 17"s all-round wasn't much different to the DC2 - an ever-so-slight 'crash' (worse than DC2, better than UKDM EP3 and much better than e.g. an E46 M3) due to the low-profile 17" front tyres, but an excellent gait to the car at any speed.

So unless you've driven NA2 Coupe and Targa back-to-back and know you prefer the Targa, or unless you must-have the targa-roof, then don't discount the Coupe. I'd suggest it's perfectly habitable day-to-day unless you're going to spend all your time on rough tarmac.

Also, with regard to colour - have you considered getting the right 'spec' of car and then getting it 'wrapped'? Paul (Senninha) has and it's impossible to spot at more than ~3ft away.

NZNick
17-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Again, thanks guys for the info and ideas. I really have to see and drive more cars in the flesh and be more flexible. I was only thinking about wrapping when I saw in Evo magazine that the guy with the GT-R has had his done in purple !!

Thanks again - the quest continues.

jaffaz32
20-01-2010, 01:49 PM
This is the only UK one I know of (as above, no LEV engine though and unsure of the interior)

Is this one for sale?