PDA

View Full Version : Japfest 2010

mutley
11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has thought about this this year, or has it now died a death as the main annual big meet from NSXCB point of view, and switched to Silverstone Classic instead?

Jim

simonprelude
12-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Was wondering the same myself, have the organisers sent you any information?

mutley
12-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi Simon,

not sure, the last time they sent me stuff to my old address, maybe they sent it there again.

I can't remember if I told them I have moved!

Jim

simonprelude
12-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Japfest Car Show: The Official Page BOOKING INFORMATION UPDATE!
Trade and Club stand booking is available now, just call our sales team on 01225 788167 or email ian.cruickshank@futurenet.com. Public ticket and track time sales will be opened in the next couple of weeks. Stay in touch by signing up to our FREE newsletter and be the first to get all the latest event news and offers.

simonprelude
12-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Any volunteers ??

Papalazarou
12-01-2010, 11:03 PM
If I still had a car, I'd give it another go.

Simon, perhaps we could have our own stand......I'll bring my German death trap, you can bring your tail happy suicide machine and I'll give my uncle a call and maybe he'll bring his Reliant Robin.
Seriously though, it's a great event and you guys should definitely attend.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Guys n Girls,

I've pm'd Jim for some info with a tentative view to picking this up this year ... however, I thought I'd best check the date. .... and its the weekend before my wedding so I'll need to check a few things before I can commit.

If someone else wants to jump in then go straight ahead and I'll commit to 2011 right now. I'll update in the next few days.

regards, Paul

simonprelude
12-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I would have helped, however no NSX and baby due don't help really.

NSX 2000
13-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I would have helped, however no NSX and baby due don't help really.

Simon, it is Japfest so you can go in your S2000, plus at Jamesfest Mary was over 8 months gone :eek: so that's not an excuse either :D

simonprelude
13-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Baby should have already arrived :)

Well if no one else is able to do it then I'll email the organisers to see if they have space left, I'd guess going by previous decline we'll be looking at 20 cars at most :(

m666 edd
13-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I'll be in attendance if it goes ahead. It's a nice fairly hassle free show and at least not too far from me.

simonprelude
19-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I've worked out I don't have the time to be able to put any work into this now.

I'll probably take the S2000 on the s2ki owners club stand but I'm happy to go and collect the NSX banner etc from Jim before the event.

amo
21-01-2010, 12:42 PM
im in and will be on the nsx stand this time
anything i can do let me know but ill have moved by then
but will still come from newport
thx amo

Senninha
21-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Baby should have already arrived :)

Well if no one else is able to do it then I'll email the organisers to see if they have space left, I'd guess going by previous decline we'll be looking at 20 cars at most :(

Hi Simon,

Have you emailed / had a reply yet? Are you OK driving this years forward?

Re numbers, I would like to be positive that as its officially the 20th birthday this year, we could get a really strong showing. I'd ask for the same pitch as last year if possible.

Is it worth emailing Hirofumi to see if he is able to come over from Japan for this or the Classic (probably his preferred event)

regards, Paul

simonprelude
21-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I've worked out I don't have the time to be able to put any work into this now.

I'll probably take the S2000 on the s2ki owners club stand but I'm happy to go and collect the NSX banner etc from Jim before the event.

Hi Simon,

Have you emailed / had a reply yet? Are you OK driving this years forward?

Re numbers, I would like to be positive that as its officially the 20th birthday this year, we could get a really strong showing. I'd ask for the same pitch as last year if possible.

Is it worth emailing Hirofumi to see if he is able to come over from Japan for this or the Classic (probably his preferred event)

regards, Paul

I'm looking to be out of the country quite a lot in the next couple of months :(

Sudesh
21-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I would love to get over for this! and would be great to meet the gang, wonder if any other N.I/Ireland members would like to get together and head over?

Senninha
22-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Ok,

With Simon's work commitments and with a new Baby on the way, I'm going to pick this up for one and all if everyone is OK with this?

I'll pm my email address to ex-organisers with a few questions.

Once I have the info from Ian, I'll ask the mods to set up a new event thread where we can keep all info together.

And just in case anyone wasn't aware, 2010 is the official 20th Anniversary year of the NSX, so to all the regulars and to all the garage queens, lets bring as many of these great cars out and celebrate this year with the largest display the UK has seen.

My target is to show at least 50 NSX.

Regards,

Paul

markc
22-01-2010, 02:17 PM
It might help to know what date this event is due to take place on ;)

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
22-01-2010, 02:23 PM
It might help to know what date this event is due to take place on ;)

Cheers

Mark

Saturday May 15th 2010 at Castle Coombe :cool:

forumadmin
22-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I googled Japfest for the date.

You know if you Google Japfest, the second most popular link is the rolling NSX video?

Fame at last.

Lankstarr
22-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm going to pick this up for one and all if everyone is OK with this?

You're the man for the job mate, we didn't want a chavvy S2000 owner organising it anyway. Simon, feel free to resume BBQ responsibilities instead;)

L*

mart155
09-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Think I should be ok for that weekend, if so, I will be up for it.
Thanks for grasping the nettle Paul !