PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic 2010

sorepaws
29-12-2009, 04:01 PM
work permitting I will be there - with Kettle - portable gaz, coffee and tea

oh and the car

simonprelude
29-12-2009, 06:37 PM
If I have another NSX by then........... well unless another car might be welcome lol.

WhyOne?
30-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Chris - many thanks for organising this again.

The 2009 event was one of the most enjoyable car events/meets I have ever attended, so I am greatly looking forward to the next one.

I agree that the 'pitch' could not have been better (despite the neighbours!)- fingers crossed that this will become the established NSX location.

I'm intrigued to know what you have asked Honda to supply. Did my request for dancing girls make the list?!

Ewan
30-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I think I'll tag along this year - was thinking about doing the Le Mans Classic but maybe the SS Classic would be a worthy alternative :)

My guess would be, we'd either come and go on one day or maybe camp overnigh for the Saturday.

Thanks for putting it together!

Senninha
30-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanx in advance for picking this one up again!

I'm very keen to attend this year as circumstances worked against me this year.

Most likely I will be either the Saturday or Sunday for me, just need to decide what color NSX to bring :o)

regards, Paul

sorepaws
30-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Any thoughts about inviting members of the Honda S800 owners along as well - or does this spoil the purity of the NSX ?

Senninha
30-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Any thoughts about inviting members of the Honda S800 owners along as well - or does this spoil the purity of the NSX ?

Sounds good to me. I'm a member (not an owner) and attended a couple of their events during the year. I'm happy to give Tony a call if others agree to inviting them along.

Chris, as its the 20th anniversary of the NSX, what are the chances of Honda helping us recreate some of the Dreams advert with various vehicles from thier history?

regards, Paul

NoelWatson
30-12-2009, 04:41 PM
For the first time in living memory the Mrs is not planning on dropping a baby this summer so I will be up for coming for a whole day.

lotusolly
30-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Great to hear this is happening again Chris.
What have you requested from Honda this time?
After a very enjoyable weekend last time I will be looking to attend and camp for the duration.

Olly

TheSebringOne
30-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Chris, I would like to thank you for organising this fantastic event again.

I really enjoyed it this year and especially meeting up with fellow members and seeing their P & J.

Lets hope Honda can help us celebrate the 20th year of the NSX!

I should be attending this in the new year. :)

mutley
31-12-2009, 12:24 AM
As much as I would love to attend this avent, it falls on the wrong date for me, as I think that is the same date as the Nijmegen March over in Holland (an event were several hundred thousand mentalists like myself, march 100 miles over 4 days).

However if for any reason I don't go to Nijmegen 2010 I'll do my best to get down south for this.

Jim

britlude
31-12-2009, 09:43 AM
would like to join you all, whats the situation on camping???

Chris B N
31-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Well done in the organisation Chris,
I wasn't there in 2009 but will be there in 2010, don't know how many days yet
definitely 1, possibly all 3:)

Best wishes to all for 2010

Chris B N

97 3.0 T Auto Charlotte Green
04 Civic 1.6
01 MX5 1.8

WhyOne?
31-12-2009, 11:40 AM
would like to join you all, whats the situation on camping???

A few of us camped at a local golf course....can't remember its name........but it is well established & serves the British GP, so the Classic is well within their capacity. 10-15 min. walk from the NSX pitch (where I left my car overnight last year).

havoc
01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll be there again this year...as will my NSX! :D

WhyOne?
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Most excellent- look forward to seeing you both Martin.

forumadmin
02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
<DIV id=post_message_65461>OK NSX'ers - the Silverstone Classic 2010 is officially up & running, and we have been invited to display our luscious NSXs at the event once again!

For those who didn't manage to pop along to the 09 event, prepare for 3 full days of head-on classic F1 / sports car racing, thousands of classic cars on display, supercars of all breeds strewn as far as the eye can see, petrolhead shopping galore, bands, air displays, motor racing celebrities wandering around, etc etc, not to mention the chance to 'hang out' with all your fellow NSX owners on our club display stand - in other words the biggest open air motoring event in the UK

I have requested that we have the same 'pitch' in centre circuit as last year - lets hope those pesky Porsches keep to their own turf this time round (although to be fair they were our unwitting source of hot water for a while)

Once again I have asked Honda UK to support us, and I am aiming for something that goes well beyond the capacious marquee that they kindly donated to us last year - lets see if they can rise to the challenge !

Ticket bookings are already open, and to secure our valuable NSX CB discounts, don't forget to use our club booking code SC10NSX. Remember - using this code to book tickets is the ONLY way to get your NSX to our club stand (hopefully) in centre circuit (as opposed to being banished to the outer reaches of the public car parks amongst all the Corsas & Puntos, etc)

Details are as follows:-

Event Dates 23, 24, 25 July 2010
(All dates are provisional and subject to confirmation by Silverstone Circuits)
Registered Classic Car Club 2 for 1Ticket Price matrix is:
Until 31st March 2010 Until 30th June 2010
Early Bird Advanced
Friday £20 £25
Saturday £30 £35
Sunday £30 £35
3-Day £70 £80

(A standard booking fee will be applied to each transaction by SEE Tickets. Multiple sales are available)
Ticket Sales Office Now Open! Club members must have their Car Club display car registration available when booking. Ticket prices include evening concerts.
<FONT face=Calibri><FONT color=blue>Tel:

Baz
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Great to hear you are repeating last year's fantastic event Chris- even though I only managed to attend on the Friday when there was a limited number of cars on our stand. Assuming I decide to keep my car I will certainly want to be part of the display again.

By the way, I keep blowing hot and cold about selling. On the one hand I do so few miles in it - only about 1500 last year - and on the other I keep reading threads where past owners have obviously regretted their decisions and, in some cases, have had to go and buy another. I do absolutely love mine - it just seems an awful lot of money tied up not doing much (or so the wife tells me!). I guess the answer is to hang onto it until I really need the dosh when I retire - which could be a long wait when I look at my pension pot. I guess one day the value of our cars might really take off??!!

Cheers,

Baz

nationofzeros
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately despite near constant pestering of HUK's media department, I'm afraid we hardy NSX'ers are going to be thrown back on our own resources at Silverstone this year as regards our 'pitch'

HUK are not supporting any owners club events this year, although they are going to organise another BTCC attendence event, and possibly a general owners club event of some kind (TBA) . So regrettably we will not have the use of the mega marquee that we luxuriated in last year, and we will have to provide for ourselves

The British 'summer' being what it is, I think we should try to erect some form of protection against the elements, not to mention to contain the excellent field kitchen facilities that Mike kindly provided. Does any one have cheap / zero cost access to a decent marquee ?

Also we need to think about regalia. Is the infamous NSX CB banner out there somewhere ? Is there any appetite for getting some flags etc made up, for use at all our regular events ?

Event information is starting to filter out regarding the content of the 2010 event (Fri 23 - Sun 25 July), for example:-

Silverstone Classic 2010 will celebrate 60 years of the Formula 1 ‘World Championship’ at the home of British Motor Racing (and the British Grand Prix if its announced) with a selection of three high quality grids racing on the historic GP circuit, and displays and features celebrating the entire 60 years. Invited grids will showcase the development of the sport with an HGPCA pre-61 Front Engine GP race with early ERA’s, Alfa Romeo’s and the iconic Maserati 250F’s, an HGPCA pre-66 rear engine GP race with Coopers, Lotus’ and BRM’s, and a later ‘three litre formula’ Grand Prix race with Lotus, Brabham, Tyrrell, March, Hesketh, Ferrari, BRM, Surtees, and McLaren. Special displays and parades will showcase even later cars including Senna’s first F1 car the turbo Toleman Hart, Schumachers 1992 Benetton, and the Damon Hill 1996 World Championship winning Williams Renault.

Finally don't forget the 'early bird' ticket offers expire END MARCH if you are showing up for any or all of the 3 days - details below:-

Event Dates 23, 24, 25 July 2010
(All dates are provisional and subject to confirmation by Silverstone Circuits)
Registered Classic Car Club 2 for 1Ticket Price matrix is:
Until 31st March 2010 Until 30th June 2010
Early Bird Advanced
Friday £20 £25
Saturday £30 £35
Sunday £30 £35
3-Day £70 £80

Ticket Office Now Open! Ring 0871 231 0849 or http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/tickets (http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/tickets)

Take advantage of the Early Bird promotional prices (available until 31st March 2010) which give a massive £20 off the On-the-Day Adult entry ticket.
N.B. Children 6-16 just £5 per day. 5 and under free.

Don't forget to quote our reference code SC10 NSX to access the cheapest deals!

Hopefully we can make a really great event out of Silverstone 2010, so if you're thinking about coming for 1, 2 or the full 3 days, please add your name to the list in this thread and - BOOK EARLY !

Chris

WhyOne?
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Shame, but I guess it is a reflection of the perilous state of the motor industry at present. Well done and thanks for pursuing this though Chris.

If my memory serves me correctly from last year (a bold assumption!), it looks to me like Silverstone are having the temerity to build a race circuit on our pitch!!!

Follow this link to a map of the currently-under-construction revised GP / Motorgp circuit:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/motogp-circuit/

Despite these minor issues, I am sure it will be a tremendous weekend.

:)

nationofzeros
28-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Silverstone classic - goers : be aware that the 'early bird' club member discount offer expires 31/3 - so only 3 more shopping days to minimise your outlay on the event !

Not that this is a kings ransom even in these double dipping times - see earlier in the thread for the pricing. Remember to quote our club code SC10 NSX for those all - important discounts on ticket prices !!!

More event info is seeping out, as follows :-

"The Silverstone Classic is one of the largest classic racing events in the world, and our declared objective is to be definitively the World’s Biggest Classic Racing Festival. The event was established nearly 20 years ago and recently the spectator attendance has grown to the level of 65,000 in 2009.

Last year the event concept changed from being purely classic motor racing based to include live music concerts on the Friday (Toploader, Blue, and Pussycat Dolls) and Saturday (Carlos Santana) nights under the legend ‘Rocking and Racing’. This will continue for 2010 with performances by Dr Feelgood and The Yardbirds on Friday Evening, and Rick Parfitt Jr on Saturday evening, with further acts yet to be announced.

In 2010 we are expecting over 100 classic car clubs (of which the NSX CB is by far the best) displaying over 5,000 members cars inside the venue. We are expecting over 700 rare classic race cars worth well over £100 million driven by around 1000 owner/racers (some races have two drivers). The grids look to provide examples of the best quality races available in each of the decades from the pre-war era through to the 90s. These cover GP, Le Mans, Sports and Touring cars. There will be aerial displays, hot air balloon ascents, a Victorian fun fair with the addition of some extreme rides, a retail village with over 100 traders. Harley-Davidson © will provide displays and demonstrations.

Bonhams auctioneers are the auction partner again in 2010 having achieved a 100% of lots sold at the 2009 event
Celebrities add glamour to any event and SC09 had Murray Walker as its ambassador plus Sir Stirling Moss, Richard Attwood, Jackie Oliver, Bobby Rahal, et al from the racing world and, Chris Rea, Mark Knopfler, and others from the music world.

New for 2010 will be a celebrity race on the Friday evening, in which celebrities new to the world of motor racing will be able to pit their newly discovered skills behind the wheel of a race car against each other on the full historic GP circuit. Driving specially race prepared road cars, the celebrities will first attend training to gain their race licences, and then go into battle in identical performance cars providing a great TV and crowd pleasing spectacle."

Come on, lets hear some noise from the NSX GB posse at this great event, on our 20th 'birthday' !

Chris

lotusolly
29-03-2010, 01:08 AM
3 day tickets bought :)

Olly

BabyG
29-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I've already bought a ticket on another code. I know the intro says the NSXCB code is the only way onto the stand, any way I can get onto the stand? Ticket is for Saturday only.
Rich

havoc
29-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Anyone else want a full-weekend ticket? It's a 2-for-1 yet I can't find anyone who wants to go for the whole time, so I'm going to waste some money...

I'm also happy to soak up the postage and transaction fees, if that persuades someone?!?

nationofzeros
29-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I've already bought a ticket on another code. I know the intro says the NSXCB code is the only way onto the stand, any way I can get onto the stand? Ticket is for Saturday only.
Rich

OK, firstly is it a 'centre pass' coding, i.e. is it with another car club to show a car with them - if so it should be relatively simple to ring up Silverstone & tell then you have 'changed allegience' to SC10 NSX

Otherwise I would ring them, explain the situation & ask them what you need to do to have the ticket changed over to a 'SC10 NSX' code pass

Bear in mind that, believe it or not, there is a numberplate check before tickets are issued to make sure that people aren't trying to freeload off clubs they don't belong to - sophisticated or what ?!

Chris

nationofzeros
11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Latest news on the Silverstone Classic is that we have a grand total of 10 of our glorious NSXs booked in for this great event so far. Last year we ended up with 25 or so, so if you haven't bought tickets for our club area yet, can I gently suggest that you get a move on, as the '2 for the price of 1' car club deal closes on 30 June :-

Friday only : £30
Sat only : £35
Sun only : £35
All 3 days : £70

See earlier in the thread for booking details - dont forget to quote our club code SC10NSX to get your 2 for 1 deal, centre access pass to join us on the highly sought after NSX stand

As you may be aware, £££s have been spent on improving the Silverstone facility and this includes a renovated, dedicated in-field 1.2 mile track, the 'Stowe' circuit.

This will be made available for all 3 days for dedicated track sessions for up to 24 cars, open pitlane style. We have been asked if we want to participate, if so on which day, and with how many cars. In theory this sounds like the ideal opportunity to stretch a few NSX legs !

Obviously Sunday is the most 'popular' day but equally will no doubt be the busiest & most expensive for track action. Perhaps the Saturday might suit us better ???

Due to advancing years and inadequate thread management skills, I can't start one of those 'who fancies some track action and if so when' threads, so can a software savant do the honours please!

Media attention for the event is building well. Once we have the excellent Japfest experience behind us, join me in making Silverstone 2010 one to remember in the annals of Oriental mid-engined history!

Chris

Dragonlady
23-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Is anyone planning to camp over?

Sharon

WhyOne?
23-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Sharon,

Yes, I intend to do the same as last year, overnighting here on Saturday evening:

http://www.whittlebury.com/index.php?pag=cms&id=240&p=camping.html

5 or 6 of us stayed here last year, and it is pretty civilised by motor racing camp site standards!

Only a 10 min. walk from the NSX stand (where I left my car over-night last year)

nationofzeros
06-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Firstly, confirmed & prospective Silverstone - goers, the news you've been waiting for - yes, vertically coiffured talent show defying teen sensations JEDWARD are on the entertainment bill for the Saturday evening (fresh from a 'sell out' tour of Ireland, no less) - now there are no more excuses not to come !

Secondly some more details of the track sessions on the new inner Stowe circuit. These will be 45 minutes long & run throughout the 3 days for competitor car shakedowns, exclusive car club bookings and regular 'any car' sessions.

The exclusive car club bookings cost £1700+VAT (max 24 cars) so given the likely NSX turnout I fear they are out of reach for us realistically

The 'any car' sessions seem like a better bet if you're into tracking. There are 2 types ; driver only at £75 (relatively reasonable I guess... typicaly you will pay about 3x that for a weekend day session at a major track and few would put in a total of 135 minutes on track) and £85 + passenger.

Provisional session times as follows :-

Sat 1000-1045 Passenger
Sat 1500-1545 Driver
Sun 0900-0945 Driver
Sun 1000-1045, 1100-1145 Passenger

Once details are firmed up I will post them - I'm going to plump for the Sun 1100-1145 session, any other takers ?

Finally we should have the benefit of our luxury NSX CB marquee / gazebo with all its associated home comforts!

If you're coming (and if not, why on earh not given the brilliant time we all had last year) then don't forget - the special '2 for 1' car club offer finishes on JUNE 30. After this, it's the public car parks, miles of walking, no halo effect of parking your NSX with your NSX CB mates amidst the Ferraris, Porsches in centre circuit etc for latecomers - so GET BOOKING !

Don't forget to quote our exclusive club code SC10 NSX for the bargain rates and centre passes etc

havoc
06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I'll be there all weekend (not sure what time on Friday), but not sure about the track session...money's quite tight this year. Good news on the Gazebo, BTW!

Do you know if they're doing the lunchtime 'parade laps' with the car clubs again this year?

Nytram
07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Chris

Just booked for all 3 days, not sure where we will stay yet, thanks for your time and effort organising this again, look forward to seeing you all.

cheers Martyn

Dragonlady
08-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi Martyn. You could try the Premier Inn at Daventry, we got two nights for £119, they may still have space left and it's not too far.
Plus it looks like it has a safe car park.

Regards Ian

markc
08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll be in Cornwall, pretending I can surf, all the previous week returning on Saturday evening so I can only make the Sunday (tickets booked) this year.

Sadly I'll miss out on Jedward or rather miss out throwing rotten fruit etc at them as is more likely with a Saturday evening petrolhead crowd. I've always thought it should be Jodward or even Jonward to make it fairer on whichever one of the talentless, attention seeking little tw*ts is John ;)

Looking forward to spending some time with lots of lovely shiny NSX's and their owners, as well as plenty of lesser exotica and of course some proper race action. Gotta love the Group C cars in particular :)

Chris can you ensure it's sunny on the Sunday for me please :)

Cheers

Mark

sorepaws
08-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I will be there all 3 days - not sure how to add my name to the sticky list !

I will bring gaz stove, kettle, tea coffee etc and if I can get it in, a small (2.4m x 2.4m) gazebo - ok nothing like the Honda Marquee, sorry guys and gals. Can't get chairs in the car as well though. I will be travellng in everyday.

See you there

Mike

havoc
08-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi Martyn. You could try the Premier Inn at Daventry, we got two nights for £119, they may still have space left and it's not too far.
Plus it looks like it has a safe car park.

Regards Ian

I can recommend the cross-country run down from Daventry to S'stone - A361 south for a few miles, then turn left, which is fast B-road territory, getting narrower as you get closer to the town itself. I've got to go near that way myself (I'd probably do A423 to Southam, then across past Hellidon, after which I'd meet the Daventry route when I cross the A361 heading for Preston Capes), so if you want to convoy down together let me know...

nationofzeros
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I'll be there all weekend (not sure what time on Friday), but not sure about the track session...money's quite tight this year. Good news on the Gazebo, BTW!

Do you know if they're doing the lunchtime 'parade laps' with the car clubs again this year?

I think there will probably be some parade action as usual but given that it was our 'turn' last year, I haven't been cheeky enough to ask once again. But if you want, I can try...

Chris

WhyOne?
09-06-2010, 08:56 PM
.....given that it was our 'turn' last year, I haven't been cheeky enough to ask once again. But if you want, I can try...

Chris

They can only say no!

nationofzeros
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
I will be there all 3 days - not sure how to add my name to the sticky list !

I will bring gaz stove, kettle, tea coffee etc and if I can get it in, a small (2.4m x 2.4m) gazebo - ok nothing like the Honda Marquee, sorry guys and gals. Can't get chairs in the car as well though. I will be travellng in everyday.

See you there

Mike

Mike

Your exquisite brews & fry-ups did us all proud last year through rain & shine - see you there !

Chris

nationofzeros
10-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Attached, hopefully, is the entry form for the track sessions (Stowe Circuit) at the Silverstone Classic. I am going for session 14 (1115-1200, Sun)

If any problems, suggest you give Carol Mannon a ring on the number shown (07562 133755)

Chris

markc
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Attached, hopefully, is the entry form for the track sessions (Stowe Circuit) at the Silverstone Classic. I am going for session 14 (1115-1200, Sun)

While I don't want to dis your efforts Chris, do you what the Stowe circuit is? You'll barely get into 3rd gear and not a single inch of it is part of the actual Silverstone race circuit. £85 is a lot of cash for 45mins on it.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/stowe-circuit/

I'm hoping to do a Goldtrack evening event on the full (new) GP circuit at some point this year, at £140 for 3hrs it's much better value AND you get to see what the F1 and Moto GP boys do :)

Cheers

Mark

Hagasan
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
While I don't want to dis your efforts Chris, do you what the Stowe circuit is? You'll barely get into 3rd gear and not a single inch of it is part of the actual Silverstone race circuit. £85 is a lot of cash for 45mins on it.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/stowe-circuit/

I'm hoping to do a Goldtrack evening event on the full (new) GP circuit at some point this year, at £140 for 3hrs it's much better value AND you get to see what the F1 and Moto GP boys do :)

Cheers

Mark

Agree with Mark on Stowe...

I've riden the full GP circuit on a motorbike trackday (that's my real buzz and why I don't bother to much on the car ones) and is really is good..It is so fast and flowing. It's quite long though and I think races will get rather strung out.....

markc
10-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Agree with Mark on Stowe...

I've riden the full GP circuit on a motorbike trackday (that's my real buzz and why I don't bother to much on the car ones) and is really is good..It is so fast and flowing. It's quite long though and I think races will get rather strung out.....

Was that the new for this year GP circuit or the old one Gary? I've done the old one a few times but fancy eyeballing the new track from behind the wheel and at speed :)

Cheers

Mark

Hagasan
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Was that the new for this year GP circuit or the old one Gary? I've done the old one a few times but fancy eyeballing the new track from behind the wheel and at speed :)

Cheers

Mark

That was this years layout.....22nd April...It was dusty in parts and one guy launched his Ducati into orbit.....He left the circuit skywards too, in the air-ambulance!! Thankfully he wasn't too bad, a broken collarbone and some bruising......his bike was toast though....

The circuit is quick as the new bike GP layout......I'm not sure if the car GP is exactly the same as the motorbike layout as there a fairly tight left hairpin in the new section a few corners beyond club. The hairpin was slow on the bike so not sure for F1? Also, I'm not 100% sure but I'm wondering if Bridge can still be used/configured back in for layout options? It was hard to tell on a bike at speed looking where you are going and I forgot to ask on the day......Was £135 that day for the whole day till 5.30pm....really good value and very luckily for April, no showers just lovely sunshine all day!

WhyOne?
11-06-2010, 08:25 AM
......I'm not sure if the car GP is exactly the same as the motorbike layout as there a fairly tight left hairpin in the new section a few corners beyond club. The hairpin was slow on the bike so not sure for F1? Also, I'm not 100% sure but I'm wondering if Bridge can still be used/configured back in for layout options?

My understanding is that the F1 circus will use exactly the same configuration as the Moto GP boys.

I believe that Bridge is gone.....which is a shame, I remember standing there the 1st time F1 cars ran through there (on test day).......Nelson Piquet was 1st through in a Benneton Ford, I couldn't believe they could carry their approach speed through the corner, but they did!

nationofzeros
11-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Fully understood Mark, and your well meant 'dissing 'is acceptable, but you have to appreciate that old codgers like me don't get out on track much & when we do, tootling round at a modest pace is OK!

I really used to enjoy Llandow even though it is a tiny track, with some really 'slow' technical corners - good contrast to events at Castle Combe pre chicanes

On the other hand I was out at Cadwell for the first time this March and it was amazing - scared myself to death on some of the mega fast sweepers

Chris

nationofzeros
19-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Slowly but steadily, the NSX numbers for the Silverstone Classic festival are creeping up - and in just over a month, we'll meet again at the event itself !

This year's event looks like being the best yet with 3 days of classic racing, 6000 classic / supercars on display (including ours), free musical entertainment in the evenings, air displays, track time opportunities, carhead shopping aplenty... the list goes on !

So if you havent booked in yet, get cracking because the special NSX CB '2 occupants for the price of 1' deal closes on June 30 !! Remember - only via this option can you get a coveted centre pass and join us with your luscious NSX on the NSX CB stand - otherwise you're parked somewhere near Banbury next to a Rover 218i with dodgy Halfords wheel trims held on with plastic ties, and walking in...

'2 for 1' Deal prices are as follows :

Friday 23 July only £25
Saturday 24 July only £35
Sunday 25 July only £35
3 day pass £80

You will need to quote our special club code SC10 NSX to access these deals. See http://www.silverstoneclassic.com for ticket sales and further information on the festival lineup

So come on - make an effort for this 20th NSX anniversary motorsports extravaganza !

sorepaws
21-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Chris - you have a pm !

nationofzeros
24-06-2010, 08:41 PM
10 NSX-tastic reasons to be at this year's Silverstone Classic :-

1. Mike ('sorepaws') ' ineffable brew-ups
2. It's Glastonbury - for cars
3. It might not rain
4. Jedward
5. The other half of Jedward
6. Ask nicely in the pits, and you might get to look at a twin-chassis Lotus 88, from underneath, with one of the original mechanics explaining how it works
7. 250GTO, 288GTO, F40, F50, Enzo. For you to compare & contrast. Up close.
8. Murray Walker. Love him or loathe him - have a good old chinwag with him.
9. Lola T70 Mk3s, full on drifts, full on noise
10. Vanessa Feltz. On our deckchair !

But if you haven't booked, you'd better get your skates on now -

because the special NSX CB '2 occupants for the price of 1' deal closes on June 30 !!

Remember - only via this option can you get a coveted centre pass and join us with your luscious NSX on the NSX CB stand - no alternative available !

'2 for 1' Deal prices are as follows :

Friday 23 July only £25
Saturday 24 July only £35
Sunday 25 July only £35
3 day pass £80

You will need to quote our special club code SC10 NSX to access these deals. See http://www.silverstoneclassic.com (http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/) for ticket sales and further information on the festival lineup

So come on - make an effort for this 20th NSX anniversary motorsports extravaganza !

Dragonlady
25-06-2010, 06:12 AM
I thought Jedward would be a reason to go home early!:D

Ian

markc
25-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I thought Jedward would be a reason to go home early!:D

Perfect so that you get an early night and are fresh for an early start next day :)

Just to echo Chris's words, this is one of the BIG THREE social motoring events of the year.

More cars and more real racing than either Goodwood FOS or Goodwood Revival and just as much other stuff such as shopping village with parts, regalia, memorobilia, autojumble, auctions etc etc. Huge car club involvement with group parking so that you can ogle several or many of your (other) dream cars.

For me it's worth it just to see, hear and get close to the Group C Sports prototype monsters in action... ohh and the classic F1 cars... and and and

Without knocking other more brand specific events this really is in a different class.

How's this for a parc ferme :)...

Cheers

Mark

chris
25-06-2010, 11:35 AM
O.K. - booked for Sunday. Will be driving down from Newark. What time will you guys/gals start assembling at the venue?

gumball
25-06-2010, 03:29 PM
O.K. - booked for Sunday. Will be driving down from Newark. What time will you guys/gals start assembling at the venue?

All sorts of times, no matter how early you get there, some one will already be there to tell you your parked wrong.

Anyone had their tickets delivered yet?

Dragonlady
25-06-2010, 04:50 PM
All sorts of times, no matter how early you get there, some one will already be there to tell you your parked wrong.

Anyone had their tickets delivered yet?

No not yet, starting to get worried though :(

I have just rung the ticket company and been advised that the earliest that they send them out is 10 days before the event.

JQD84983
25-06-2010, 09:39 PM
No not yet, starting to get worried though :(

I have just rung the ticket company and been advised that the earliest that they send them out is 10 days before the event.

It was the same last year but they arrived no problem. Not quite sure what takes the time to run a printer but there you go

WhyOne?
02-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Having had my intended weekend trimmed from Sat. & Sun, to just Sun., I am now unable to attend at all.

I therefore have a (now unavailable!!!!) '2 for 1' stand admission ticket for sale for Sunday.

I think I paid about £39 for it, but would be happy to sell it for £35.

If interested, please drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Ian

nationofzeros
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Just to let you all know that the '2 for 1' offer is now closed, see update from the organisers below...

Dear All,

As you know the 2 for 1 offer ended last night and we made the decision to stop all car club bookings at that time. Members can still book and purchase entry tickets at www.silverstoneclassic.com (http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/) but no more car passes will be issued, so they will unfortunately be unable to park their cars with their clubs.

We decided this to ensure we have space for the car clubs and their members that have already booked. The Classic is more popular than ever this year and we are anticipating a terrific weekend, however based on the increased number of clubs, together with a reduction in the space available at the track, we felt this course of action prudent, and whilst some will be disappointed the vast majority we hope will be pleased.

I shall before the end of the week send your clubs final booking update along with the plan of the circuit with your clubs location. The posting of tickets has started, so you and your members should be getting these in the very near future. I look forward to seeing you at Silverstone.

Very best regards,

Charlie

From the above, the tickets should be coming through shortly !

Chris

nationofzeros
05-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Good news once again this year - after much negotiation, we have been allocated a pitch in the prestigious centre circuit 'yellow zone' area again, together with Aston Martin, Porsche, Maserati and Ferrari to name but a few ! Not exactly the same area as last year but probably 50m away

I think our area will be smaller than the expansive patch we enjoyed last year, but having seen the far flung parts of the circuit that many other clubs have been allocated (including many outside the circuit altogether) we shouldn't complain!

I will check whether we are on grass or tarmac

We have 24 NSXs booked in across the 3 days so it should be a sociable event once again. Any takers for a barbeque on either the Sat or Sun (or both ?)

Chris

havoc
05-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Nice one Chris! Now if someone could j-u-s-t acquire a certain history wall, and get the gazebo back, we'll show those Porker boys again! ;):rolleyes:

BBQ - could well be up for that one day or the other, depending on if I've got Becs or a friend in tow, and what they want/need to do. (I've got a spare ticket to make use of, after all...) Can let you/whoever know closer to the time, and will bring some stuff along, might even make up some fresh burgers if I've the time...

Dragonlady
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Do we have a BBQ to hand, or are we hiring one for the weekend?
It certainly sounds like a plan for the weekend. If you need a volunteer to do the cooking I don't mind as we have done this for a few events with the Supra owners club.

Ian

gumball
05-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Great job getting a prime spot, and right next to the circuit presuming they are using the new layout.

DAVEMAT
07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Has anyone booked into the Premier Inn, I've seen on another forum that there has been a fire and may not be available

WhyOne?
07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Now if someone could j-u-s-t acquire a certain history wall.............

Sadly trashed by Honda at the end of the FoS!

This is what it used to look like (the photos are somewhat confusing!):

Silver Surfer
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
It may be trashed but I am sure someone at Honda should still have the original text and photos for it to be made up.....

SS

Kippers
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi - First post so please be kind - I've been lurking here for a while, only having a "look in" occasionally.

From what I can see on this thread, am I correct in assuming it's too late to bring my 02 Imola Orange NSX to the meet on the Friday (July 23rd) to be part of the NSX club stand on the site?

If not too late (as many of the members seem to be attending Sat/Sun so maybe there is space on Friday??), is there some sort of standard that one (as in the car of course!) has to meet in order to be included? Any special restrictions/requirements of car/owner? Sorry to be so naive but I've not been involved in any of these sorts of meets before ...

Thank you :)

Dragonlady
08-07-2010, 05:56 AM
If you have tickets then your more than welcome.

Regards Ian

havoc
08-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Officially, you had to book before 30th June using the club-specific discount code, and you'd have been asked for your car registration. I suspect this was done so they could co-ordinate the # of cars for each club and allocate pitch-sizes accordingly.

Unofficially, I suspect if you talk nicely to the guards at the gate you've got a chance of getting through...and the pitch won't be full on Fri/Sat anyway, as a lot of people are Sunday only.

WhyOne?
08-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi - First post so please be kind - I've been lurking here for a while, only having a "look in" occasionally.

From what I can see on this thread, am I correct in assuming it's too late to bring my 02 Imola Orange NSX to the meet on the Friday (July 23rd) to be part of the NSX club stand on the site?

If not too late (as many of the members seem to be attending Sat/Sun so maybe there is space on Friday??), is there some sort of standard that one (as in the car of course!) has to meet in order to be included? Any special restrictions/requirements of car/owner? Sorry to be so naive but I've not been involved in any of these sorts of meets before ...

Thank you :)

I am sure you & your car would be made very welcome.

I have a Sunday ticket available for sale - this will allow your car entry to the display area and admission to the event for 2 people - £35 and it is yours!

Drop me a PM or post in this thread if interested!

Ian

Kippers
08-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I am sure you & your car would be made very welcome.

I have a Sunday ticket available for sale - this will allow your car entry to the display area and admission to the event for 2 people - £35 and it is yours!

Drop me a PM or post in this thread if interested!

Ian

Thank you for the thought, but I can't make the Sunday.

Kippers
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Officially, you had to book before 30th June using the club-specific discount code, and you'd have been asked for your car registration. I suspect this was done so they could co-ordinate the # of cars for each club and allocate pitch-sizes accordingly.

Unofficially, I suspect if you talk nicely to the guards at the gate you've got a chance of getting through...and the pitch won't be full on Fri/Sat anyway, as a lot of people are Sunday only.

Many thanks for the reply, I may try calling the organisers and see what they say....

gumball
09-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Ticket Arrived today! :)

sorepaws
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
looks like they got the dot matrix working - tickets :-D

nationofzeros
10-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Luxury - we're on grass again this year !

Chris

Good news once again this year - after much negotiation, we have been allocated a pitch in the prestigious centre circuit 'yellow zone' area again, together with Aston Martin, Porsche, Maserati and Ferrari to name but a few ! Not exactly the same area as last year but probably 50m away

I think our area will be smaller than the expansive patch we enjoyed last year, but having seen the far flung parts of the circuit that many other clubs have been allocated (including many outside the circuit altogether) we shouldn't complain!

I will check whether we are on grass or tarmac

We have 24 NSXs booked in across the 3 days so it should be a sociable event once again. Any takers for a barbeque on either the Sat or Sun (or both ?)

Chris

Chris B N
14-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm up for a BBQ, if someone brings a Bar B I,m quite happy to cook
we can buy as we need it
Chris B N

NSX 2000
14-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm up for a BBQ, if someone brings a Bar B I,m quite happy to cook
we can buy as we need it
Chris B N

I'm happy to buy a couple of those big trays :)

nationofzeros
14-07-2010, 08:13 PM
OK - time for a quick Classic competition !

Up for grabs are 2 x 3 day Silverstone Classic tickets ! (but not a centre pass - parking in the public car parks only)

First Platinum member to PM their name & address to me bags the prize !

Good luck

Chris

Chris B N
15-07-2010, 07:31 AM
I'll also grab a couple of the disposable BBQ trays from Morrisons
see you at SS

BR Chris B N

lotusolly
15-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

Is anyone else looking at camping for this years event?

Olly

havoc
15-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I'll also grab a couple of the disposable BBQ trays from Morrisons
see you at SS

BR Chris B N

Looking at the long-range forecast a brolly may be more appropriate than a BBQ.

Keep your fingers crossed that they've got it wrong...

havoc
16-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Has anyone got a spare Friday ticket? Think I've got a taker...

Thanks,

Martin.

gumball
16-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Looking at the long-range forecast a brolly may be more appropriate than a BBQ.

Keep your fingers crossed that they've got it wrong...

I take tomorrow's forecast with a pinch of salt. A week away, is just a guess. :)

nationofzeros
21-07-2010, 05:51 AM
I might be a little late at the event on Friday due to oscillations in my work / life balance in favour of the former, but I'm sure all will be well at our stand. The car club organiser, Charlie Alger, might pop over - he deserves a vote of thanks for bowing to our constant nagging for a good position centrefield for our glorious NSXs

See you at Silverstone - time to start praying to the Northamptonshire weather gods !

Chris

havoc
21-07-2010, 07:18 AM
You'll probably still be there first Chris! We're aiming to be there at about 2pm on the Friday - just in time for the F1 practice.

BBC are now saying it'll be a dry weekend, so bring your waterproofs! ;)

PS - what're the current thoughts re: the BBQ idea on Sunday?

NSX 2000
21-07-2010, 07:54 AM
PS - what're the current thoughts re: the BBQ idea on Sunday?

I thought we were talking Saturday, perhaps late afternoon early evening?

Paul.

havoc
21-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I thought we were talking Saturday, perhaps late afternoon early evening?

Paul.

Ah, OK - I'd just assumed Sunday as that's when most people will be there, but I'm cool either way.

sorepaws
21-07-2010, 07:19 PM
As last year I intend to bring Gaz stove, kettle, coffee, tea, sugar and milk (possibly cups !) for drinks during the 3 days. We will have a Gazebo, so if you want to sit anywhere fold up chairs would be good!

I can also bring frying pan, bacon and bread if there is demand (last year not many takers for this service) let me know.

Intended time of arrival at Sillystone 8-9am (Im only 25 minutes away)

Look forward to seeing many of you there again this year.

Mike

havoc
21-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I can also bring frying pan, bacon and bread if there is demand (last year not many takers for this service) let me know.

If we're thinking of a BBQ, would there be any takers for some home-made burgers? Should have time on Saturday or Sunday morning before I leave...

nationofzeros
21-07-2010, 09:45 PM
OK classicists, we need to make a call on BBQ timing and therefore can I suggest 1700 Saturday afternoon for anyone wanting a good old fashioned conflagration...

If you're interested, please bring portable BBQ type thingies, some cutlery & manipulation utensils, some meat, some bread, condiments, salad, paper plates, cold drinks etc - you know the score !

Also generally to grace our gazebo(s), folding seats etc (and indeed small folding tables) are always most welcome

Compared to last year's highly regimented NSX activities, I sense this year will be more free & easy - chill out and enjoy the petrolhead scenery with your NSX mates!

NSX 2000
22-07-2010, 08:34 AM
OK classicists, we need to make a call on BBQ timing and therefore can I suggest 1700 Saturday afternoon for anyone wanting a good old fashioned conflagration...

Done Deal!

Should be able to bring a table as well :)

Nytram
22-07-2010, 12:05 PM
We hope to arrive about 9ish, and we have decided to camp (mainly since I need to have had a few beers if ive got to watch jedwod)
Mike your offer of a bacon sandwich is most welcome, maybe we can refund you over the weekend.
The weather gods have been warned!!

Cheers Martyn

Marky
22-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey, I'm going on Sunday. Is anyone going to join me? is there an NSX stand or do I just park up in the general car park?

havoc
22-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Marky - see posts 64-69 for whether you can park on the NSX stand or not - I'm assuming you've not received a cream/yellow parking sticker with your ticket.

If not, and if it's Sunday, then you might be out-of-luck as the organisers allocate stand space based on how many people from each club have bought club-related tickets. It's worth making a call to them, though, as the more people on the stand the better, from my perspective.

Failing that, ask the security guards at the gate nicely...you may get lucky!

As an aside, I now have a spare Sunday ticket (entry-only), so if anyone wants it (free-of-charge to anyone on here), they're very welcome - collection only from Coventry or at the event, please - doubt Royal Mail would work now.

ollie
22-07-2010, 01:18 PM
hi Guys ,

i am going up on sunday morning anyone fancy meeting up , plan on leaving worthing ( south coast ) about 6.45 am , up A24 , M25 , M40 , happy to meet up anywhere , or take different route .

Gary , do you still want to meet up ?

steve

sorepaws
23-07-2010, 08:45 AM
The Sun is shining (in between the clouds) and dry :-D, already there are signs of OCD.

Look forward to seeing the rest of you over the weekend

Mike

Hagasan
23-07-2010, 12:02 PM
hi Guys ,

i am going up on sunday morning anyone fancy meeting up , plan on leaving worthing ( south coast ) about 6.45 am , up A24 , M25 , M40 , happy to meet up anywhere , or take different route .

Gary , do you still want to meet up ?

steve

Hi Steve,

what time do you reckon you hit the M40?

Gary

ollie
23-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi Steve,

what time do you reckon you hit the M40?

Gary

hi Gary ,

should be at junction 2 M40 ( beaconsfield north bound ) at around 8.00 am ,

could meet there just off m/way if you like , but open to suggestions .,

steve

Martin
23-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Marky - see posts 64-69 for whether you can park on the NSX stand or not - I'm assuming you've not received a cream/yellow parking sticker with your ticket.

If not, and if it's Sunday, then you might be out-of-luck as the organisers allocate stand space based on how many people from each club have bought club-related tickets. It's worth making a call to them, though, as the more people on the stand the better, from my perspective.

Failing that, ask the security guards at the gate nicely...you may get lucky!

As an aside, I now have a spare Sunday ticket (entry-only), so if anyone wants it (free-of-charge to anyone on here), they're very welcome - collection only from Coventry or at the event, please - doubt Royal Mail would work now.

If its still available, can i have it? :-)

ollie
23-07-2010, 01:17 PM

hi Martin ,

if you manage to get a ticket , are you going to join Gary and myself + anybody else meeting up on the way

steve

NSX 2000
23-07-2010, 05:07 PM
A nice photo of sunny Silverstone :)

Senninha
23-07-2010, 06:32 PM
A nice photo of sunny Silverstone :)

It looks like you're sporting the lightweight version of PS55 :)

havoc
23-07-2010, 09:57 PM

All yours. Will PM with contact details, not sure how best to get it to you though - ring me.

Martin
24-07-2010, 03:15 PM
hi Martin ,

if you manage to get a ticket , are you going to join Gary and myself + anybody else meeting up on the way

steve

Hi Steve and co

Absolutely would love to.

I'll be joining the A34 at around Newbury, and then coming off the A34 to join the M40.

Where do you reckon is best to meet up?

I guess I won't be on the display given that I'm a (very) late joiner?

Best wishes
Martin

Martin
24-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Great stuff, thank you very much indeed sir :-)

Have left a message on your mobile.

Best wishes
Martin

All yours. Will PM with contact details, not sure how best to get it to you though - ring me.

NSX 2000
24-07-2010, 10:35 PM
It looks like you're sporting the lightweight version of PS55 :)

Yes the car got washed :embarassed:

ollie
24-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes the car got washed :embarassed:

hi paul ,

must be its birthday

steve

nationofzeros
27-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Just a quick thank you to everyone who hauled their lovely NSXs along to this year's Classic. We had a great turnout across the 3 days, and it was a fine opportunity to catch up and chill out in the balmy July sun (most of the time !)

Special thanks to our impromptu 'organising committee' namely Mike, Paul, Ian & Sharon for all of their efforts & exertions across the event, which made such a difference

The Clasic seems to be bigger and better every year and we had lots of ideas as to how we could take the NSX cause forward. Roll on July 2011 !

Chris

gumball
27-07-2010, 10:23 AM
We had a lot of interest considering we were sandwiched between Cobras and Astons, which was nice.