PDA

View Full Version : Return of the (Sch)mach...

markc
23-12-2009, 02:17 PM
As long speculated, the chin is back :)

4 F1 Champs on the grid next season, possibly 5 if Villeneuve gets the USF1/USFGP ride and they make it to the grid.

Schumi v Button v Hamilton v Alonso all in competitive cars (probably) what's not to like :)

Shame Kimi couldn't be there as well but if he's not motivated he wouldn't be a threat anyway.

Really looking forward to the new season.

Mark

AR
23-12-2009, 02:59 PM
So they did want an all German team then!

Senninha
23-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I think if given the chance that Jenson would have stayed with Ross Brawn. But with Nico already signed and Mercedes keen to bring back the apprentice of 19 yrs ago (not to mention he's rather good) I think he has taken the best available seat on the grid that could still deliver front running ability.

So here's the question ...

If we assume that the Ferrari, Maccs and Silver Arrows all land in Australia in tip top shape, who do we think will lift the trophy in 2010???

Jenson - his smooth style could prove beneficial and reduce wear on the tyres running from the start with full tanks - if the Macca works for him then he'll be strong
Lewis - had his best year in 09 in terms of showing his ability to drag a poor car around and develop it into a winning car - could be heading into his best ever yr IMO
Schumi - if he still has the speed (as he did testing the F cars this yr!) then back with Brawn it could be #8 although a less tactical season approaches so maybe a limited Brawn factor?
Alonso - possibly the catylist for Schumi wanting to get back on track and whoop his a*** unless of course he is the real deal all the commentators keep referring to and he just runs of into the distance - (the 458 looks to be a great car - history shows that they rarely have success on and off track in the same season)
JV - will be driving for the money and is out of practice having been going round in circles for several yrs - and he only won 'coz Schumi out braked himself

What ever happens, its likely to be another great season

regards, Paul

amo
23-12-2009, 10:48 PM
cant wait
should be a great f1 session got my ticket for silverstone

thx amo

m666 edd
23-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Should be a great season.

Don't forget the red bull team as they were doing really well the second half of the season.

AR
23-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Let's not forget the American, Spanish teams if they do make it.

The question for me, is:

I used to follow Williams, McLaren, BAR, then BAR Honda, then Honda F1, then Brawn GP. Never really followed Tyrrell even if they are the forefathers of the current/past Honda F1 legacy.

Where is Honda represented in F1 now.

How much of the Mercedes GP car is a Honda?

Senninha
24-12-2009, 09:52 AM
..How much of the Mercedes GP car is a Honda?

In 2009 it was a Honda chassis and early aero package with the late install of the Mercedes drivetrain.

Moving into 2010 the car will have been evolved for 2010 regs so there endeth the Honda input IMO

regards, Paul

NSXGB
24-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Looking forward to next season. Its a shame that Kamui Kobayashi (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/12/17/kamui-kobayashi-sauber-2010/)was not in a half decent ride, I think he showed great promise in the few races he drove for Toyota.

My prediction is that it will be close! :)
Hamilton is my pick for the 2010 crown.

markc
24-12-2009, 11:26 AM
If we assume that the Ferrari, Maccs and Silver Arrows all land in Australia in tip top shape, who do we think will lift the trophy in 2010???

Don't forget the red bull team as they were doing really well the second half of the season.

I think you've mentioned all they key players between you, with the possible inclusion of Massa.

It's hard to tell what effect the no refueling will have but it should reward the guys who can look after the tyres best, except of course these can still be changed during the race. Each driver still has to use both available tyre compounds (assuming a dry race) so experience, track position and racecraft are as important as raw pace.

As ever much depends on the cars pace so I'll start with who'll win the inter-team wars...

Hamilton will have the edge on Button.
Schumi will rule Rosberg.
Alonso will edge Massa.
Vettel will edge Weber.

Title will go down to Hamilton and Vettel... or maybe Schumi :)

Cheers

Mark

Kaz-kzukNA1
24-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Can’t wait for the 1st 2010 race in Bahrain.
New points system, no re-fuelling…. Good luck for the boys and girls…

I’m more worried about 2011. Unless Bridgestone changes their decision, it will be a huge headache for all the teams designing the chassis without the experience on the new tyre….

Kaz

eclipse1501
24-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Drivers World Championship Prediction 2010
1. Button
2. Alonso
3. Hamilton

I think JB will suprise many and be happier in his world champions skin this year - and reliable (thats the watch word for me this season not speed). Watch out for Alonso though.

TheSebringOne
24-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, I can't wait, I'm more excited than in previous seasons with the prospects of a rather good 41 year old keeping up with or kicking the butts of these youngsters! Having said that I would put a £1 on LH maybe! :D

jaytip
17-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I think Button made a huge mistake in going to Mclaren.Yes he is a good driver with a good car underneath him,but i think Hamilton is a better driver. Looking forward to the start of the season all the same though.

Senninha
18-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I think Button made a huge mistake in going to Mclaren.Yes he is a good driver with a good car underneath him,but i think Hamilton is a better driver. Looking forward to the start of the season all the same though.

Hi Jaytip,

Good to hear from you, its been a while, hope you and all are doing well!

Ref the Button situation, I get the impression from listening to Ross Brawn, that although he claims to have tried to retain Jenson for this season, the MB pressure to bring Michael back probably tied his hands in being able to offer JB the package he wanted, ie status, duration of contract and ££.

Still if you've got to move team, there are many worsr places than Maclaren to end up.

I think I said elsewhere or maybe earlier in this thread, his smooth style could be a surprise to many as they get to grips with running a car from full tanks to empty, needing to adjust style and balance of the car from start to finish.

Anyone got a definitive view of how many teams are taking the grid in March?

regards, Paul

jaytip
22-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi Jaytip,

Good to hear from you, its been a while, hope you and all are doing well!

Ref the Button situation, I get the impression from listening to Ross Brawn, that although he claims to have tried to retain Jenson for this season, the MB pressure to bring Michael back probably tied his hands in being able to offer JB the package he wanted, ie status, duration of contract and ££.

Still if you've got to move team, there are many worsr places than Maclaren to end up.

I think I said elsewhere or maybe earlier in this thread, his smooth style could be a surprise to many as they get to grips with running a car from full tanks to empty, needing to adjust style and balance of the car from start to finish.

Anyone got a definitive view of how many teams are taking the grid in March?

regards, Paul
Hi Paul,yeah everybodys doing good thanks.Don't post so much these days due to not owning one anymore.More of a lurker than a poster now.

JQD84983
23-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I think Button has a lot to prove as the smart money says Hamilton is faster.

But having said that he put a lot of stunning overtakes in last year especially under pressure in Brazil so it could be very interesting.

I think Hamilton's Achilles heal is he sometimes doesn't finish and the only time his dad leaves him alone is when he is in the car :)

And as for Michael thats going to be real interesting.