PDA

View Full Version : Front exhaust pipe A - 1991 Acura

Marc_math
22-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi gents,

I purchased my first - and hopefully not last - supercar about 9 months ago.
It is a 1991 Acura NSX imported to Belgium in 2001 by its owner who purchased it while living in San Diego.

Anyway, it has only 35000 miles on the clock but the front exhaust pipe (see attached picture extracted from the 1991 service manual) just broke after the flex bit, making the car rather noisy while driving around :-).

Could you give me some advice where to get this part at a decent price (Honda local dealer - NSX owner himself - says it costs about 900 euros if he orders it from Honda). I checked Dali parts, Scienceofspeed, ... without success.

I'll try to keep the car as original as possible as MOT is not so flexible in this small country => no 'tuning exhaust' for me then!

Thanks in advance,

Marc

AR
22-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi there the easiest and cheapest way might be tio have a local exhaust shop weld in a new section of flexipipe, if the rest of the pipe is good.

eclipse1501
22-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds like a good time to consider getting yourself some headers especially if you intend keeping the car as your personal transport. You can virtually pay what you want for these from USA. It may also avoid further expense of a rework / labour costs / time if the rest of the adjoining exhaust system is getting on a bit. Plenty of resources on headers availble on prime: http://www.nsxprime.com/w/index.php?title=Headers&direction=next&oldid=108