PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Calais with an Esprit

JQD84983
20-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I was stuck overnight on Friday with the Eurotunnel debarkle and it was probably the worst road conditions I have driven in for a long long time.

1 guy was waiting for the train in a V reg Lotus Esprit V8 and I had to think it cant have been the easiest vehicle to use in the snow.

Anybody had the NSX in a similar situation?

britlude
20-12-2009, 05:35 PM

yup, in the snow last feb, and going to work friday, shopping on saturday... you need to be very gentle! mid engine rear wheel drive is great in the summer, but snow is horrible.. as for the glaze of ice out there at the moment, it should be fun getting out the village in the morning!!! :)

AR
20-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Amo and I went to visit Dave in the snow earlier in the year, the NSX behaved well, but I was taking it very easy.

Senninha
20-12-2009, 10:32 PM
BE smooth, gentle and treble all your distances. Think of the peddles as having eggs on them .....

Be careful out there as there's a lot of people haven't a clue how to prepare the car for a journey in the white stuff, let alone how to respect it!

mutley
22-12-2009, 01:01 PM
as for driving conditions, where I am hasn't got above -5 today.

Silver Surfer
23-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't do what the Yanks do and .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y&NR=1

SS

NSXGB
24-12-2009, 10:38 AM
....good weather for exercising the ABS though....:rolleyes:

JQD84983
24-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Don't do what the Yanks do and .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y&NR=1

SS

Lol. Whats with the bailing out half way down the hill?

britlude
24-12-2009, 01:51 PM

oh yes!!!

and making sure the TCS button switches on and off!!! :D

mutley
24-12-2009, 02:19 PM

oh yes!!!

and making sure the TCS button switches on and off!!! :D

Well my ABS doesn't work and TCS is permanently disabled. On monday I'm driving from Up here (was -16 last couple of nights) down to Edinburgh.

How hardcore is that!!!!

Jim

jaytip
17-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I was stuck overnight on Friday with the Eurotunnel debarkle and it was probably the worst road conditions I have driven in for a long long time.

1 guy was waiting for the train in a V reg Lotus Esprit V8 and I had to think it cant have been the easiest vehicle to use in the snow.

My first NSX was my only car and i drove it in all weather for 2 1/2 years.Snow driving was no fun at all.