PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where J11 NSX is? Also who still services NSX in Manchester?

kal
17-12-2009, 12:05 AM
J11 NSX was one of my last nsx's and I wouldnt mind buying it back as I know it was perfect.Any heads up on this forlorn hope would help.Also would love peoples opinions on H20 ALG which is for sale on http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/77171

many thanks
kal

TheSebringOne
17-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi Kal, great to hear from a NSX owner in the NW, abeit an ex owner! I get my car serviced at Arnold Clark near Old Trafford (next to the old Bentley garage), they used to be Rylands Honda in Manchester (ex NSX dealer a long time), but I'm not sure if they have a dedicated technician anymore?

If you are Cheshire, 2Mills Honda near Cheshire Oaks still have technicians as they were the only sole NSX dealer for the NW & North Wales.

Regarding the car for sale, I 've seen this car before, think its been advertised for at least a few months now, its an Auto if thats what you want, but if the mileage is warranted at just over 33,000, then it may be prestine for a H reg, apart from that I do not know of this car.

What colours were your NSXs? :)

kal
18-12-2009, 11:13 AM
hello sebringone
thanks for the info.I used to service all my cars at Ryland Honda when their main guy for nsx was called stewart.I think you are right and I will contact Arnold clark. The three nsx's Ive had over the years have all been red. I had around 1997 a 1991 black and red manual. I had this for a few years and then exchanged this for a full red targa registration N192 FRE . I never have really liked the nsx in one colour so after a couple of years I exchanged this for a black/red 1992 model J11 NSX. I also like silver and imola orange as colours but by coincidence I have always ended up with red. You may have seen my car parked outside my place of work regularly on the A34 outside a company called Micro Direct Ltd on upper brook street. Just down from our company the owner of taipan had a silver nsx!!.

howellr
19-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Hello team north-west !
All the best for Xmas.

My wife has her Civic serviced at Arnold Clark Altrincham and Allegedly, they service 3 NSX's.

There is also Andy at Vtec Direct who has just opened a Garage unit in Winsford...

Regards
Rod
PS The Tai Pan is a great restaurant.

TheSebringOne
19-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Kal, I think I have seen one of your cars, but I don't venture there much as live in Worsley. I used to get my cars MOTd near you at Pat Rafters, great bloke & does alot for the Irish Community & huge collection of vintage cars.

Regarding Stewart (NSX trained technician), I'm afraid hes now left Honda altogether. He was at Rylands, the AC at Stretford, then left this branch for the Altricham branch of AC, but was'nt well and has now left about two years ago. The one at Stretford do service 2/3 NSX.

Kal/Rod, I know the Tai pan very well, the one in Mancr & also Liverpool, very good chinese food! I didn't know the owner had an NSX, I think his son(s) like Porsches and modified Supras TT.

May be when you find your fourth NSX, we could have a mini NW meet!

kal
20-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Kal, I think I have seen one of your cars, but I don't venture there much as live in Worsley. I used to get my cars MOTd near you at Pat Rafters, great bloke & does alot for the Irish Community & huge collection of vintage cars.

Regarding Stewart (NSX trained technician), I'm afraid hes now left Honda altogether. He was at Rylands, the AC at Stretford, then left this branch for the Altricham branch of AC, but was'nt well and has now left about two years ago. The one at Stretford do service 2/3 NSX.

Kal/Rod, I know the Tai pan very well, the one in Mancr & also Liverpool, very good chinese food! I didn't know the owner had an NSX, I think his son(s) like Porsches and modified Supras TT.

May be when you find your fourth NSX, we could have a mini NW meet!

well since I am looking for a pop up light version around 35k mileage and low owners and preferably 3.2 so why dont you let me know what colour yours is and may be we will have a deal!!! LOL!!

As soon as I found one we should definetely meet up. I live in cheshire but work at Micro Direct in Manchester.The most likely place you would have seen any of my Nsx's would have been on the A6 or on our works upper brook street branch.My ownership of Nsx's covered nearly 10 years and I only sold the last one as I had too many cars to drive and also a motorbike but now I miss the Nsx like hell !!! The wife wants me to get a Maserati Gran turismo new shape but I miss the drive of an Nsx....that F16 cockpit interior doesnt feel dated to me one bit!!!

TheSebringOne
20-12-2009, 02:08 AM
As in my avatar/name its Sebring (silver). If only I was selling up, but unfortunately not! :)

The new Maser GT look great, but I'm not sure if like old ones, suffer from heavy depreciation & expensive servicing/parts prices? I'm sure they more reliable under Ferrari's influence. You certainly have a very understanding wife!

kal
20-12-2009, 06:33 AM
As in my avatar/name its Sebring (silver). If only I was selling up, but unfortunately not! :)

The new Maser GT look great, but I'm not sure if like old ones, suffer from heavy depreciation & expensive servicing/parts prices? I'm sure they more reliable under Ferrari's influence. You certainly have a very understanding wife!

Depreciation and maintenance are my biggest worry on the maserati . For servicing costs you may as well assume Ferrari prices and I'm pretty sure the price will drop like a stone once the model shape changes slightly . As regards to understanding wife well that's the same wife who 'convinced' me that it was a good idea to sell my last Nsx!! So I'm not so sure.I wonder if women really 'Get' the Nsx. Most women I have come across think it's a Ferrari and once told it is a Honda have the typical 'I don't like it now rather have a REAL Ferrari' ! ......that really winds me up and as far as I'm concerned women don't have a clue in general about drivers car , technological innovation ,quality of build etc(all Nsx traits!!!!!)...I think I will start a thread later to see if many women out there get the Nsx