PDA

View Full Version : NSX Buyer's Guide Feature in Octobers Top Gear Mag

markc
02-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Page 174....

Nice pics of a late model (2001 registered) pop-up headlamp 3.2, in Monte Carlo Blue? wearing Y1 NSX. The featured car belongs Darren Lomas who has it up for sale at £34,950. Are you here Darren?

Full of the usual myths and moans such as posessing a "dull and basic" interior, quoting Honda's own ultra conservative performance figures and tyre wear as low as 500 miles for a pair of rears if the suspension alignment's out (by how far???). But mainly singing the cars praise as a real supercar albeit one with sensible running costs and at least the potential as a daily driver.

I suspect they'll be a lot of these and similar articles now that the car is nearing the end of it's production life but it'd be nice to see one done properly and accurately rather than simply re-hashing old opinions and third hand hearsay. Perhaps they should actually ask some poeple who know. 8)

One for all our magazine libraries anyway. :D

Mark

Darren
03-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi Mark,
I am here!! not a person who posts regularly but do keep my eye on whats happening - I have to say that despite my car being in the article i do have to agree that maybe a few more opinions would have given a more rounded opinion. i did suggest to esther (the lady who wrote the article) that she could use this site and the knowledgeable people that contribute to get a view. To be fair she did sing the praises of the car in the discussions we did have and say it was one of top gears favourites!!

anyway it was nice to have my car in a national mag - just hope an enthusiast buys it!!

markc
05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey Darren,

I hope my post didn't come across as if I was having a go at you?

Not untypical of a journalist to ask questions, listen to the answers and then print what they like anyway. :roll:

Like you say it's nice to get you own car in a national magazine and the article and those pics can't hurt your cause. If I may ask, how did they come to pick on you, via Norton way or Two Mills?
I hope the sale goes well and the car does indeed find it's way into the hands of another enthusiast.

Make sure you point the new owner to this community.

Cheers

Mark