PDA

View Full Version : NSX for sale Cat 'C'.... know anything?

futurespec
09-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Currently there is a 1995 silver NSX for sale that was previously damaged cat 'C'. .... anyone know anything about it??

Guy says that the larger new wheels fitted affect the the ABS and TC ... can that be possible ... does not sound right to me?

Also front corner had alloy welding done .... do I need a rather long barge pole??

Potential as a track car ???

simonprelude
09-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes the ratio between the rolling circumference of the front and rear wheels has to be within a certain amount, if you go outside of this amount then the ABS and TCS lights will come on. If this is the car that is advertised on pistonheads (BNO) then there are lots of stories about the car on here.

A lot of people have viewed the car, no one has bought, I personally haven't seen the car post repairs but would not be happy using it on the road from what others have said. As a track car, up to you.

futurespec
09-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks Simon.
Could you point me to those other threads on here (looked earlier and could not find)

TIA

simonprelude
09-12-2009, 07:52 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=6566&p=59891

Senninha
09-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Here's a starting point ...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1982

For more recent comments I looked in the for sale thread but most auto delete after a month or so hence why you probably didn't find anything.

Maybe if you add info to the header, you might get other viewers to send you their view on PM

Of course, if its not too far away, go check out the negative feedback for yourself.

HTH, Paul

futurespec
09-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys for the help.

After trawling through the forums I found this .................

"I looked at this one the weekend. Complete waste of My time(not sellers time), I travelled from Ireland with cash with every intention of buying this car as long as the repairs where decent. But unfortunately they where not. Not a professional repair at all more like a DIY job. The car may aswell of not been repaired at all... The chassis was not repaired properly, still twisted.. I could go on and on about it. There a very good reason for its low price, and in my opinion its not even worth half the price he is looking for. You would be better of just putting the extra few quid and buying a good clean one.
Probably only good for an oul track day car."

Suppose it says it all!!

Why Oh Why would anyone do an half sensible repair to a car with such highspeed potential.... criminal!!

Thanks again.

Senninha
09-12-2009, 08:50 PM
............You would be better of just putting the extra few quid and buying a good clean one...........

Thanks again.

If you contact Gsuds on here, he recently sold a well maintained 93 for 3-4k more than this cat c. I believe it may be back on the market as the current owner is too big for the car and not using it. Graham may have contat details for you if interested.

Silver 93 manual with later 7 spoke OEM alloys, good history, 100k miles

Regards, Paul

Xtreme
11-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I considered this car early in the year for a track day project however I had a pm of a guy on here that had viewed it and said he that the repair was very poor Indeed, he was a bodywork repairer himself so I guess he knew what he was talking about.

I wouldn’t entertain it for any other use than the odd sprint hill climb or track day but its now at a price where it maybe worth a look yourself and Indeed If the repair is substandard you maybe able to rectify at a reasonable cost.

I understand this car was mint unitl It was shunted.