PDA

View Full Version : Number Plate Bracket

mcibuk
01-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I 'm looking for a front number plate bracket to hold a cherished plate (3/4 size) i have just bought. I want to reposition the plate a little lower therefore want to modify the existing bracket. I want to have another bracket to revert to for MOT and future sale of car. If anyone has a spare bracket - please send me a PM with price etc.
Thx,
Peter

ctrlaltdelboy
01-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I have a spare, it's yours for nowt if you want it

I'm in Leeds 6/7th Sept if you want to pick it up

NSXGB
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I have recently made brackets for a 3/4 size plate, it's an easy job if you have a drill and a hacksaw. This is presuming that you want the plate in the same place roughly?

All you need to do is make up 2 x 90 degree brackets from aluminium (of course) and fix using the two bolts that go vertically into the bumper. The plate is then screwed to the front of the two brackets. You can re-fit the standard plate at any time.

It's not so easy to explain, but if you want me to give you give you dimensions and take a few pics I can. I bought the ali bar from Homebase and they took about 10 mins make.

NSXGB
01-09-2005, 06:54 PM
...just read your post again and noticed that you want the plate 'a little lower'....using the same idea, you should be able to construct something similar to suit.

mcibuk
02-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Hi Darren,

Many Thx for your very generous offer - i will gladly collect in Leeds - let me know details.

Hi Simon,
Thx for your suggestions but Darren's offer seems to be the best choice.

UltraViolet
02-09-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm in Leeds 6/7th Sept if you want to pick it up
Fancy joining us at the monthly meet at Squires Cafe, Sherburn then? It is 2nd Tuesday of each month so coincides with your being in Leeds.

Mine was the only NSX there at the first one, no NSXs second one, but some interesting cars and people. One chap (who currently drives an AMG 5.0 Merc) was very taken with my NSX and was asking tonnes of questions. Later I overheard him on the phone to his partner saying "I've found the perfect car for us to take to LeMans this year, just need to find one to buy as this one isn't for sale" 8)

ctrlaltdelboy
02-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Peter

I'll be at the Holiday Inn Bramhope Tuesday night, unless I go along to the Squires Cafe meet - I'll let you know and meet you at the appropriate spot

mcibuk
05-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Darren,
Received your PM's - thanks for going through the search - not to worry i'll make some brackets from some aluminium strip.

mcibuk
05-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi Sam (aka Ultraviolet),
Not sure if your invitation was extended to me or not :? but on this occasion i will pass on it.
I have just joined the Honda Revolution club so may get to meet some other time -received package today - very efficient.
Also saw you and your car on Men & Motors - great to see some NSX promotions - well done :D