PDA

View Full Version : Evora winning car of the year

TheSebringOne
29-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Just read Evo, where the Evora has top the polls! What do you guy think?
Heres the order:

Evora
Latest Porsche GT3
Noble M600
Lambo Muchie SV
Clio 200 Cup

AR
29-11-2009, 09:25 PM
SV seen it in person, touched it, heard it go, no contest.

TheSebringOne
29-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Saw, nearly touched & heard the SV at GW FOS, its sounded amazing, the only car car in the same sound zone was the Zonda F, the full CF bodied version! I agree the Lambo would the car with the biggest sense of occasion, but I'm intrigued by the new Noble! Not sure of it, but apparently its amazing to drive.

Papalazarou
30-11-2009, 11:11 AM
It's probably been said a million times already, but I can't see how they can justify £60K for the Evora when there are considerably better made products on the market for similar or less.
I've read and seen a number of reviews and it seems that even EVOs summation was a little confused. The gist seems to be; fantastic steering and road manner, ok build, too expensive, unispiring and underpowered engine and quirky looks.
Looking at it, I suppose it does have some similarities with the NSX.
Maybe they'll bring out a supercharged version next year?

Cheers,

James.

JQD84983
30-11-2009, 05:43 PM
For me the choice changes if money is no object. SV definitely money no object.

Have to agree with James that the Evora just does not look special enough to me for £60K, and I am a big Lotus fan. OK 4 seats but you are in M5 territory. Different I know but performance wise M5 is better.

Noble is an interesting proposition but depreciation is likely to be high.

Decisions decisions.

Silver Surfer
01-12-2009, 01:21 AM
I've been in the Evora as a passenger at the LoT North Weald day as one of the members was given one for 1 day and bought it down to the airfield for a blast around the track. The car's handling over the short circuit was excellent and timewise, it was only just beaten by the Exige by a few tenths of a second...the driver said the car wasn't run-in yet so didn't push it above 5000rpm. The interior was tidy but the rear seats are worst than the 911 so really are seat-shape shelves!!
The exterior is just a big elise/exige cross with some Noble-esque. IMO

SS

TheSebringOne
02-12-2009, 11:14 PM
SS, so how would you compare it to our own NSX?

Silver Surfer
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
As a passenger and not driven it...all I can say was the noise level was refined and not as good as the NSX. There was a lack of occasion compare to the NSX (if you know what I mean).

The interior was more funky and up-to-date in the Evora...possibly due to the tan interior. The ride was firm but composed over the short track..hard to compare as I wasn't the driver.

For £20-30K ...I'll consider it, but for £50-60K...I'll get 2 used NSX instead.:laugh:

SS

Senninha
03-12-2009, 08:04 AM
So considering how much so many go on about the upside of NSX ownership, and the concerns over running costs, depreciation etc, why is it that in all of these similar threads, no one has bitten the bullet and imported a NA1 NSX-R or early Type S??

The usual 'knock' for the NSX is that its interior looks dated. The early R is the rertrimmed in the lightweight and totally modern Alcantara (See Gallardo / Noble / GT3) and those superb Recaro's.

We know from the numbers that Sudesh suppies that a grade a car will be close to £60k landed in the UK. So if you're selling on you will take a depreciation hit, but if its a weekend keeper for memorable drives and occasional track days, surerly its the one car that is constantly missed from these lists??

regards, Paul

AR
03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
The early R is the rertrimmed in the lightweight and totally modern Alcantara (See Gallardo / Noble / GT3) and those superb Recaro's.

regards, Paul

Paul for me the Recaros were painful and the Alcantara was a pain to keep clean.

For me the R is a case of being there done that. It is a nice car if yiu fit in it, but you can't really do much to it.

Cheers,

Ary

Senninha
04-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I recognise you are in a fairly unique position Ary having been able to scratch the R itch. I also agree that the 'std' NSX seats will fit most people better than the more restricted CF Recaros. And I would also say that your point about "you can't really do much to it" is relevant for someone like yourself.

The point I was trying to highlight is why someone (from this forum) looking to spend £50-60k on a good high performance sports car, that can offer ample speed for the UK, good track performance and still be useable, hasn't opted for the NA1-R? Apart from IHE, most owners are not into modifying the cars from the factory. As this would probably be the case for any of the newer cars listed, then R ownership, where purity of the original is key IMO, could be a viable alternative.

regards,

Paul

JQD84983
04-12-2009, 10:20 PM
The point I was trying to highlight is why someone (from this forum) looking to spend £50-60k on a good high performance sports car, that can offer ample speed for the UK, good track performance and still be useable, hasn't opted for the NA1-R?

Paul

The trouble is does the R offer much more than the standard car? Maybe Ayrton could tell the differences but not sure I could that could justify an extra £35K over a good late model.

Its down to personal preference I guess.

Lankstarr
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Paul for me the Recaros were painful and the Alcantara was a pain to keep clean.

For me the R is a case of being there done that. It is a nice car if yiu fit in it, but you can't really do much to it.

Cheers,

Ary

... Apart from supercharge it mmmmmmmmmm

AR
06-12-2009, 12:03 AM
I recognise you are in a fairly unique position Ary having been able to scratch the R itch. I also agree that the 'std' NSX seats will fit most people better than the more restricted CF Recaros. And I would also say that your point about "you can't really do much to it" is relevant for someone like yourself.

The point I was trying to highlight is why someone (from this forum) looking to spend £50-60k on a good high performance sports car, that can offer ample speed for the UK, good track performance and still be useable, hasn't opted for the NA1-R? Apart from IHE, most owners are not into modifying the cars from the factory. As this would probably be the case for any of the newer cars listed, then R ownership, where purity of the original is key IMO, could be a viable alternative.

regards,

Paul

Paul,

I agree, as a leave alone car, for an average build man/woman the car is perfect.:)

Cheers,

Ary

markc
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
The trouble is does the R offer much more than the standard car?

Not necessarily more, but it is very dffereant. Similar to how a Carrera 2 and a GT3 are very differant.

Paul,

I agree, as a leave alone car, for an average build man/woman the car is perfect.:)

Cheers,

Ary

BUT... if it (NSX-R) is a little too hard for your tastes take the Type S, it might be even more perfect. Not that I'm biased of course ;)

Mark