PDA

View Full Version : Porsche's version of "Impossible Dream"

markc
25-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Nice advert but kind of another take (like Ferrari and recently Citroen) on Honda's Impossible Dream?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpkDrtVx00

Cheers

Mark

simonprelude
25-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice, just doesn't seem to stir up any 'emotion' to me.

markc
25-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Nice, just doesn't seem to stir up any 'emotion' to me.

I know what you mean, I think it's either the music or the engine sounds are a little too low in the mix... or possiblly the flat dessert setting.

Surely you'd have to be a complete robot though for some of the greatest race cars history 718K, 908 Spyder, 917, 956, 962 etc not to stir some emotion ;)

Cheers

Mark

Papalazarou
25-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Damn those porches!!!

Cheers,

James.

AR
25-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Panamera, the ugliest Porsche sice... fill in the blank.

For me a 935 slant nose would do nicely!

simonprelude
25-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Surely you'd have to be a complete robot though for some of the greatest race cars history 718K, 908 Spyder, 917, 956, 962 etc not to stir some emotion ;)

Admittedly some great cars, just they could be advertising Swiss cheese for the emotion that's given off.

eclipse1501
25-11-2009, 09:15 PM
As a paying owner member I once posted a query on the PCGB forum. I had an old air cooled carrera cabriolet and wanted to change the soft top and wondered if anyone in the UK had experience of changing the roof.

There are regional sections on the PCGB online forum as well as technical and individual marques, so i posted the same question on each one.

I sold the 911 a few months back. It was RHD on UK plates and on the PCGB register but it was bought by a collector in Germany. Iam still waiting for any response, interest or suggestions from anyone at the PCGB forum to my original question.

For my 70 quid they did send me a photocopied letter and a glossy magazine though. It seemed the whole PCGB forum was for fairweather fans to organise coffee mornings so i just wonder who the advert makers think they are talking too. Maybe better to save all that money on CGI and just use a big marquee with some cheese and biscuits.