PDA

View Full Version : NSX assistance required by Met Police

Unregistered
24-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I am currently investigating a serious collision which occurred in North West London.One of the vehicles involved was a Honda NSX (1993 auto)
As part of the resconstruction and to establish exactly what occurred we are piloting a new procedure which involves scanning the damage on each vehicle to assist reconstruction of the collision.The results of this scan will then be overlayed onto a scan of the original bodywork from an undamaged vehicle .Obviously getting hold of a Ford Fiesta will not be a problem..locating an NSX is!As far as i am able to establish the bodywork of the crashed vehicle is standard.Different rims and tyre sizes are not an issue for the scanning process .I was hoping that an NSXCB member may be willing to assist us.We will be able to give plenty of notice and the procedure which does not cause damage will take place in Perivale,NW London (Has to take place in a controlled environment which means the forensic pound ) Obviously we will re imburse travelling costs and I am more than happy for the owner to remain with the car throughout the process which is likely to take a couple of hours (this is a static procedure,no driving of the vehicle involved) If anyone is able to assist I can be contacted through the numbers below or via e mail to stephen.pidgeon@met.police.uk

Many Thanks

Stephen Pidgeon | PS 81TD (OQ703)| Collision Investigation Unit - Team 2

Alperton Traffic Unit
Athlon Road
Alperton
Middx
HA0 1EW

Office (Direct) 0208 246 9880 (Office) 0208 246 9820

NSXGB
28-11-2009, 10:07 AM
....I'll do it if you remove three points from my licence...:)