PDA

View Full Version : So I took my cats off...

AR
25-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Well I can really hear the Tubi now:) Had the ca running for about 2 hours and no CEL yet, knock on wood. If it does come up I might go back to cats. I know people say that there is no benefit to removing the cats, but it does feel faster and revs faster. With the Tubi in place, cats, spare and engine lid off it must have lost some weight.

There is a tiny bit of a leak on one of them, but I will retighten the nuts as soon as I get a chance.

BTW it smells no worse than my Amazons!

wgmr
06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
very intertested in this, this is exactly what I am thinking of doing, though I might go for a Gurppe M exhaust whihc is not cat back, would love to hear your thoughts. You around for a chat one night or a direct mail, do you live any where near london?

Speak later perhaps

Will

AR
06-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi mate I am in Cardiff, so that is a bit far from London. I considered the Gruppe M, but decided that I like the Tubi better and you still have the ability to put the cats back on.

BTW I retighten the bolts and not a leak :D

What year is your NSX ?

swlabhot
08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Are you referring to the Titanium that Grupp M makes weighing in at less than 10lbs? Its one of the most, if not the most desirable exhaust out there but it cost an arm and a leg!!

I always wondered what it sounds like without the stock cats and how much louder it sounds... I was contemplating the tubi but was put off by the cost so I went custom instead... So what test pipes have u in place of the cats? Would love to hear the sound of yours!

AR
08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I have a set that the previous owner had fabricated. I have since taken them off and put the cats back on :( as it was way too loud, got the car dirty and was starting to attract too much attention, and the car also needed an MOT!

I might put them on again, but for now I am running cats, smell nice too :D

Rob_Fenn
08-11-2005, 09:53 PM
The real test is getting it on a rolling road. You could be overfueling and it would be nice to know the power/torque difference.

-Rob

Kevin
08-11-2005, 09:59 PM
The real test is getting it on a rolling road. You could be overfueling and it would be nice to know the power/torque difference.

-Rob

Could you explain to me how changing the exhaust affects the air/fuel ratio?

jaytip
09-11-2005, 04:26 AM

-Rob

Could you explain to me how changing the exhaust affects the air/fuel ratio?
I was thinking the exact same thing :D