PDA

View Full Version : MUGEN TypeR

NSX 2000
23-10-2009, 01:13 PM
What do people think of this

http://www.typermugen.co.uk/

Is this just an over priced hot hatch or possably the best front wheel drive car ever:unsure:

Is it worth the money:unsure: will it be an istant classic:unsure:

Do you compare it with the ford RS focus or the new Lotus Exige Scura:unsure:

Another link http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/243871/mugens_ultimate_civic_comes_to_uk.html

Boomin33
23-10-2009, 01:27 PM
expensive Hot Hatch, yes.

Instant classic... hard to imagine with that spoiler;
except maybe with the hot hatch crowd! It definitely will look the part next to their Cossie's and possibly be a dream addition. Actually wouldn't look out of place next to your Impreza...

personally my neighbors would start saying i have more money than sense....
Having said that, I'm 20 years younger than any of them, so not sure their opinion really counts

Dragonlady
23-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Ummmmm...
I think for what it is, it is definately over priced. The body styling is over the top, that front splitter looks like it's out of a Halfrauds catalogue as do the large chrome tailpipes. When we saw the one at BTCC you could still see two "pea shooters" in the tailpipes.

For that amount of money I think I would rather get the white edition and have it tuned, or a nice last run S2000.

There are plenty of other cars out there for a lot less with 237bhp, as above, and thats driving the proper wheels.

A focus RS is only £25800 and has a lot more power and luxuries, I may be shot down in flames for this but the Focus...a bit to chaved up for me.

Or how about a nice BMW 335i M Sport coupe a snip at £36300.

Just my thoughts

Regards Ian

AR
23-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I think for that price it should have at least 300 ps, kevlar seats, a real exhaust and a good brakes all around.

They need to put down the crack pipe.

WTF are they thinking...NSX are not selling at £ 60K lets try and sell this Civic with a nice badge for 40!

It really pisses me off when they use pictures of old Honda race cars and try to link them.

If Honda only had the balls to set up a different division, and make some real sports cars, then they would be taken seriously.

This car is a joke and all the journos can keep on writing about purity of feedbacl blah blah blah 240 don't cut it anymore, certainly not at 40K.

NSA
23-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree that £39k is a lot for the car but don't forget they only plan to sell 35 at this price - it's not a mass-market offering.

AR
23-10-2009, 05:55 PM
As much as TDI is pushing this on PH and here I wonder how much of a mark up the price is!!!

JQD84983
23-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Mass market or not its only a hotted up civic and nearly 40K is a lot of money for a glorified hot hatch.

They are only bringing 20 here but is it worth 15K more than a Focus RS costs?

JP825
23-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Way toooo much money.

Prefer a tuned up FD2 anyday:)

jaffaz32
06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I've seen apparently the only on in the UK. Was on a stand at a show i went to few months back.

Senninha
06-11-2009, 04:12 PM
If you want a hot Honda then a DC2 or DC5 with some tweaks to brakes and chassis will be as good as you need in the UK.

AS for hp numbers, I odnt get hung up by them. I'm far more interested in how it delivers the power for use in the real world.

Back to the Civic ... £5k premium would be more palatable, not £15k :eek:

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
07-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Even tho I love Hondas, £40K for a hot hatch Honda is a no brainer! :eek: When the serious competition are bewteen £10K to £15K cheaper!

It might end up being like the NA2 02+ NSX Type R, a one off or ultra rare!