PDA

View Full Version : Our trip to the Black Forest

Greybloke
21-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Just returned from a week in Germany in the NSX.

Took the quick option of the eurotunnel, and arrived in France about 10.00 local time. Used my recently acquired TomTom sat nav to get us to Cologne (just missed the Pope, but met the crowds)and managed to spend a couple of hours sight seeing in the centre. The car was magnificent, effortless cruising on speedy motorways, especially when on the unrestricted German sections :D

As we were due to visit friends in the Black Forest, we were carrying a few gifts as well as our own luggage for 8 days. The boot was full to capacity, with room for just some spare bulbs, triangle, cloth's, and a few spanners ( not quite sure what I would do in the event of any mechanical problem, but felt I should take something) The cabin comfort for all day driving was superb, equal to other "quality" cars I've owned.

Second day took us at "brisk pace" along the Autobahns to deepest southern Germany, to stay with friends in their holiday cottage. I have travelled on these roads before, and was quite happy to "make progress", what did surprise me was the speed made by quite mundane cars, and the approaching speed of cars, which then hang onto your rear in ( I assume) an attempt to intimidate the leading car? Bloody dangerous if you ask me. Anyway as you know the NSX has sufficent performance to avoid such behaviour, so we just let the loonys past, and whaft past some miles later when the roads clear. Point made 8)

Arrived with friends in the pi$$ing rain, but after some chat and beer feel alls well with the world. Spent the next few days driving a whole variety of roads, including some lovely challenging twisties, as well as some long clear roads through spectacular scenery. The now somewhat dirty NSX attracts admiring glances from many, and I just love the small boy "wow" reaction 8)

Return journey of about 450 miles was taken at a slightly more sedate pace through France and along the very quiet toll charging motorways, but managed to get an earlier train back to blighty. A great first test for the car of my dreams, which I hope will remain in my ownership for some time to come. Now for our next trip..............?

Greybloke
24-08-2005, 04:15 PM
37 views and no comments????? come on, even if its to correct my spelling :lol:

Minch
24-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm jealous so that's why I didn't make any comments!
:cry: