PDA

View Full Version : well done RB

amo
17-10-2009, 10:10 PM
well watched the race and wanted rb to get near pole and dam got the pole
after the first q1 lol thought that was it and when q2 started well why the hell did not both brawn come in and change to inters i will never know as everyone else was doing a quick change then back out jb just could not get a good time but rb managed to pull it out of the bag just to get in q3 wonder how much fuel he has ??
well i hope inshalla he wins the championship as he really should think there is enough time for jb.

well done RB
fingers xxx for tomorrow

thx amo

TheSebringOne
18-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Well done RB too, he pulled it right out of the bag and especially after rain delays on/off of 1.5 hours!

Looks like its going down to the wire again! Which makes it very exciting, still hoping that JB does it in the end! I don't think anything will top last years Brazilian GP though!?

amo
18-10-2009, 12:30 AM
u never know if anything like today dam mmmmmmmm

thx amo

NSXGB
18-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Anything can happen...and it usually does.

JB too cautious.

RB was awesome.

Don't mind either of them winning the DC.

AR
18-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Or perhaps the WDC "must" be decided in the last race???

NSXGB
18-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Imagine a repeat of Malaysia, race red flagged due to rain, Rubens in the lead, half points dished out....Jensen lucky again!

JQD84983
18-10-2009, 11:57 AM
RB certainly has some luck with him (the Toyota spinning when he would have pushed him out of the top 10) but you have to say he has out driven JB for the last half of the season.

I would like JB to be champion in some ways but RB has been an immense talent and not always had the chance to challenge for a title.

Whatever happens it will be good for us the spectator.

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm just so happy to see Rubens on Pole.

Although his fuel load is lighter than others, who knows what will happen at T1 and 2 on the opening lap.

After all years, I just wish he can win his home Grand Prix once.

PS. It was one of the longest Q to watch in my life apart from the one that was postponed until Sunday at Suzuka several years ago.... I hope all the boys and girls out there are not going to be soaking wet at the grid in few hours time...

NSXGB
18-10-2009, 05:43 PM
WOW!

Well done Jensen.

VERY bad luck Rubens.

AR
18-10-2009, 06:06 PM
WOW!

Well done Jensen.

VERY bad luck Rubens.

I can't help but to feel sorry for RB and for the winners of today race.

m666 edd
18-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Amazing race and brilliant overtaking by Jenson.

gumball
18-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Well done Jenson, bad luck Seb.

TheSebringOne
18-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Fantastico JB, 2009 F1 world champion! Some awesome overtaking, why couldn't we have more of that in the previous races!

Sorry to RB, the race simply didn't work out as planned especially after the awesome pole yesterday.

Congrats to Ross and Team Brawn too and also Honda for putting the foundations in place.

amo
18-10-2009, 10:14 PM
congrats to ross and the team also to jb well done bad luck to rb would have been great to see him win

thx amo

AR
18-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I bet there would be plenty of empty seats at Abu Dhabi!

markc
19-10-2009, 09:23 AM
well watched the race and wanted rb to get near pole and dam got the pole
after the first q1 lol thought that was it and when q2 started well why the hell did not both brawn come in and change to inters i will never know as everyone else was doing a quick change then back out jb just could not get a good time but rb managed to pull it out of the bag just to get in q3 wonder how much fuel he has ??
well i hope inshalla he wins the championship as he really should think there is enough time for jb.

well done RB
fingers xxx for tomorrow

thx amo

Amo, I'm sorry but I have to say your post is practically unreadable my friend. I had to read it at least 3 times before it made sense.

PLEASE attempt to use some punctuation and maybe capitalisation, so that us old duffers can understand.

I can't help but to feel sorry for RB and for the winners of today race.

I would have liked to see RB take it to the wire but it seems that he can't make a not quite perfect Brawn work for him. He was just too slow after the first stop and not for the first time this season.

Do you mean that the race winner and podium finishers didn't get any attention? Has it ever been any differant when the championship is decided at a race?

IMHO it was a great race yesterday, especially the first half. The first lap incident/s played into the hands of the fast boys coming from the back of the field but Hamilton, Vettel and Button all drove superbly.

JB's certainly had some luck in the latter part of the season as others failed to take advantage of his conservative approach but he's also played the long game intelligently and earned himself a championship. As Nikki Lauda said after the race, it doesn't matter how you win it, the record books will show and most people will just remember that you did :)

Cheers

Mark

simonprelude
19-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Amo, I'm sorry but I have to say your post is practically unreadable my friend. I had to read it at least 3 times be it made sense.

IMHO it was a reat race yesterday, especially the first half. The first lap incident/s played into the hads of the fast boys coming from the back of the field but Hamilton, Vettel and Button all drove superbly.

Now isn't that irony for you.......

markc
19-10-2009, 11:28 AM

Ha ha... busted :) I'll amend.

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
19-10-2009, 12:25 PM

Own goal of the year I feel :laugh:

markc
19-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Own goal of the year I feel :laugh:

:) I blame it on the heavy cold I have, couldn't muster up the enegy to press down the "g" and "n" keys hard enough in that second sentance. No idea where my "fore" went???

I did manage to find the "." and "shift" keys though ;)

Cheers

Mark

Hagasan
19-10-2009, 02:21 PM
:) I blame it on the heavy cold I have, couldn't muster up the enegy to press down the "g" and "n" keys hard enough in that second sentance. No idea where my "fore" went???

I did manage to find the "." and "shift" keys though ;)

Cheers

Mark

Woops, I see another but who cares(do you know what it is yet), English is so ****ed up nowadays and I'm from north of the border and speak "ma aen wee lingo anyhoo!!";)

Gary

Senninha
19-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Woops, I see another but who cares(do you know what it is yet), English is so ****ed up nowadays and I'm from north of the border and speak "ma aen wee lingo anyhoo!!";)

Gary

I guess that's why you only see one of them ;) :laugh:

Hitting send is a bit like cutting timber ... with timber you should measure twice, cut once. With an email (or in this case a post) it would pay to read twice (as you wriite and b4 you send) and send once :)

Anyhows, as Mark has a cold I was going to let the latter typo's slip by un-noticed until you picked them up .... tut tut, kicking a man when he's down .....

regards, Paul

Hagasan
19-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I guess that's why you only see one of them ;) :laugh:

Hitting send is a bit like cutting timber ... with timber you should measure twice, cut once. With an email (or in this case a post) it would pay to read twice (as you wriite and b4 you send) and send once :)

Anyhows, as Mark has a cold I was going to let the latter typo's slip by un-noticed until you picked them up .... tut tut, kicking a man when he's down .....

regards, Paul

Well, as he's feeling down with man-flu (and we all know how bad than can be) I'm willing to leave the poor guy in peace to re-cuperate in time for the arduous golfing task you're planning......

Ta-ta:D

Senninha
19-10-2009, 03:40 PM
So moving on from this weekends great Double Championship wins, what are peoples thoughts for the new Abu Dhabi race?

- Jenson, with the pressure off and title in the bag, to go for an aggressive strategy to take Pole and finish the season with victory #7?

- Rubens for a front row start and a victory to say Thanx to Ross before heading off to Williams?

- Fisi to get to Q2 and finish in the points ... maybe not

- Kobayashi to upset the establishment and deliver a strong points finishing drive

- Kimi to have grown new eyebrows

- Lewis to have KER's for a whole race and meet Jenson on the podium

- Anthony Davidson to deputise for Rubens and complete a British podium with Jenson and Lewis ... ok, dreaming now

- Nico to finally take P1 in qually and finish on podium b4 joining Jenson at BGP for 2010

- Sutil to complete a weekend without being involved in a 'racing incident'

- The winner to blow caution to the wind and perform crowd pleasing doughnuts!!

Having looked at the circuit layout and the two 300kph+ straights, with some intersting slow bits, I'm not sure it offers much overtaking opportunities ... lets hope we're proved wrong

regards, Paul

NSXGB
19-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Jenson, with the pressure off and title in the bag, to go for an aggressive strategy to take Pole and finish the season with victory #7?

I think that's likely.

- Rubens for a front row start and a victory to say Thanx to Ross before heading off to Williams?
He'll try damned hard to prove a point.

- Fisi to get to Q2 and finish in the points ... maybe not

:laugh: OK he got to drive a Ferrari but what a muppet!

- Kobayashi to upset the establishment and deliver a strong points finishing drive

Now he looks like one to watch....especially weaving in the braking zones...I'll go for a podium!:eek:

- Kimi to have grown new eyebrows

It was worth it, he's an android anyway.

- Lewis to have KER's for a whole race and meet Jenson on the podium

Like his bird.

- Nico to finally take P1 in qually and finish on podium b4 joining Jenson at BGP for 2010

Does anyone else think he looks like Leonardo Di Caprio??

- Sutil to complete a weekend without being involved in a 'racing incident'

Him and Nakajima...
I think they should put Sutil and Trulli in the ring and let them finish their little tiff.

AR
19-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Is it already sign in stone that Reubens will go? I read that he is going to Williams but nothing in public.

NSXGB
20-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Is it already sign in stone that Reubens will go? I read that he is going to Williams but nothing in public.
I think one of them has to go to make way for a German driver to please their sponsors (?), now JB has won the DC it can only be Ruby.

TheSebringOne
20-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I know theres a global recession/credit crunch, but lets pay JB whats he worth as the world champ, at least the original Honda salary before he took a £5M paycut to carry on drving for the then new Brawn Team. £8M isn't that bad when cry baby Alonsa in on £25M or 25M Euros & Lewis is on £14M?

AR
20-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I know theres a global recession/credit crunch, but lets pay JB whats he worth as the world champ, at least the original Honda salary before he took a £5M paycut to carry on drving for the then new Brawn Team. £8M isn't that bad when cry baby Alonsa in on £25M or 25M Euros & Lewis is on £14M?

Well Alonso is one hell of a Driver, don't think he Would like the Alonsa bit. As for JB he will be paid the money for sure if not by Ross Brawn by others.

TheSebringOne
21-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Ary, I'm not disputing Alonso's talent, in fact in the right car, hes probably the best all round driver & thats why Ferrari want him, but when he tried to bribe Maclaren when partnering Lewis into making him no.1 etc, I don't like that aspect thats all.

AR
21-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Prost and Senna all over again!

The sport really needs a cleaner image.

Cheers,

Ary

amo
23-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Amo, I'm sorry but I have to say your post is practically unreadable my friend. I had to read it at least 3 times before it made sense.

PLEASE attempt to use some punctuation and maybe capitalisation, so that us old duffers can understand.

I would have liked to see RB take it to the wire but it seems that he can't make a not quite perfect Brawn work for him. He was just too slow after the first stop and not for the first time this season.

Do you mean that the race winner and podium finishers didn't get any attention? Has it ever been any differant when the championship is decided at a race?

IMHO it was a great race yesterday, especially the first half. The first lap incident/s played into the hands of the fast boys coming from the back of the field but Hamilton, Vettel and Button all drove superbly.

JB's certainly had some luck in the latter part of the season as others failed to take advantage of his conservative approach but he's also played the long game intelligently and earned himself a championship. As Nikki Lauda said after the race, it doesn't matter how you win it, the record books will show and most people will just remember that you did :)

Cheers

Mark

lol ok i will try my best for everone to write propper
try i said lol
thx amo