PDA

View Full Version : Red 3.2 manual Autotrader!

craigdonnelly
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Morning all, Has anyone spotted the Red 3.2 manual on Autotrader with FSH & only 38k miles???....

£12900.00!!!!!!...

I phoned it last night and it's sold!

NSXGB
11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Must be a typo??

Seen those pictures before, think it used to be owned by a previous club member.

simonprelude
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
As James pointed out yesterday the phone number doesn't work, either typo (price and phone number) or it's a scam.

Papalazarou
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
As James pointed out yesterday the phone number doesn't work, either typo (price and phone number) or it's a scam.

I figured it was a scam of some kind. I called the number and got a guy from Cornwall who didn't know what I was talking about.

As Simon said, wrong number perhaps but wrong number and silly price, no way! Also as was commented, the pictures are from an advert last year.

Cheers,

James.

AR
11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Could be a Nigerian 419!

NSXGB
11-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Could be a Nigerian 419!

:)

http://www.419eater.com/

Papalazarou
11-10-2009, 03:04 PM
:)

http://www.419eater.com/

It's really interesting. not too dissimilar from the free scratch cards you get in magazines which always guarantee a big prize, but you obviously have to call a premium line for 10 minutes to find out your claim number.

I've had a few weird emails in the last week regarding my car ad. Not sure what the angles were, but things just didn't add up. i've also had a couple of emails from the states?!

Don't you just love selling cars. On a brighter note, I went to see a film in Taunton last night and decided to take the NSX or NXS as my girlfriend calls it. Anyway, on the way back we drove through the town which being Saturday night was pretty busy. I couldn't believe how much attention the car got. As shallow as it sounds, I guess I'll miss that when it's gone.........to nigeria!!!

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
13-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Let me think...........

First of all thank you for your interest. The car is in perfect order, HPI clear, no accidents, no maintenance needed for the following months. I want to inform you that I moved to Croatia but I will arrange shipping back to the UK and I will allow 5 days for inspection once you receive the car. It is still UK registered, you will not be liable of any import taxes.
If the distance is not an issue we can move forward.
Let me know if you need any details of the car.

All the best,
Andrew Johnson

simonprelude
14-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Just got this, allegedly from autotrader.

As a valued Auto Trader user, your safety is very important to us.

Please note that this is not a contract and you have no obligation whatsoever.
This is only a verification result and we do not mediate any sales.

This e-mail was sent to you in order to assure a better communication between seller and buyer and also to instruct our customers how to perform a transaction in optimal conditions for both parties.

Our customer notified us that you are a potential buyer for the bellow noted vehicle and informed us that encountered suspicions from the potential buyers due to a recent change of location, to Croatia.

Customer Details:

NAME: Andrew George Johnson
EMAIL: andrew.johnson92@btinternet.com

Vehicle Details:

MAKE: HONDA
MODEL: NSX
YEAR: 1998
VRM: A15 AGJ
PRICE: 12,900.00 GBP

We have verified the vehicle details following the seller request and we can assure you of the following:

- Vehicle registration documents are valid, VIN (chassis number) and VRM (vehicle registration number) match
- Owner details match the DVLA database (V5 Registration Document serial number and issue date match)
- Online ad description and pictures of the vehicle are accurate
- VRM and VIN not recorded as a 'total loss' by insurers or not recorded as a repaired insurance 'total loss'
- The VRM is not recorded as imported, not recorded as stolen by the police, not recorded as a theft by insurers, not recorded on the security register as a risk
- No mileage discrepancy is currently indicated by the national mileage register (NMR)
- The vehicle passed MOT and MOT is currently valid

We could not find any issues verifying the seller and the vehicle. All vehicle details and documentation are accurate.
Also the seller is willing to use a third party logistics firm that will handle the payment and the transport.
Our legal department checked/verified the company indicated by the seller (TLG Croatia - www.tlgcroatia.com) and confirmed their legitimacy and their ability of performing the transport and the payment exchange services.

The benefits when using a professional third party company are numerous for both selling and buying parties:

- The shipping and delivery are done through professional Logistics Programs with the vehicle insured against damage
- Payment is transmitted to the third party and held until the buyer receives the vehicle
- Tracking the payment and the shipping/delivery progress
- Buyer entitled to an inspection period after the delivery, test and verify the vehicle and also the documentation (with private or professional assistance)
- Buyer can choose not to accept the vehicle if it does not satisfies expectations or it is not as described
- The seller has no access to the payment until buyer's acceptance of the vehicle is confirmed
- Buyer can be fully refunded at the end of the inspection period if decided not to keep the vehicle or while transaction is in progress if delivery terms are not meet

In conclusion, if you consider purchasing this vehicle we encourage you to follow the procedure pointed by the seller as there are no risks involved into this transaction.
If you require more details about the vehicle please contact the seller directly. If you have any questions related to the steps to follow or the safety of the transaction please contact the third party company.
Please note that this transaction is not mediated by Autotrader, we only verified the legitimacy at the request of the seller.

Thank you for using Auto Trader.

Papalazarou
14-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I had one of those too. Sent it to AT. They said they would never send anything like that to anyone.
I'll give the fraudsters some credit, it was quite well presented.
Just waiting from a reply from the Arab Emerites (probably not spelt right) now;-)

Cheers,

James.

JQD84983
14-10-2009, 05:55 PM
And me also when looking at buying an Exige before I bought the NSX.

I got Email contact first and then a link to the so called shipping agent. The car was way too cheap so I was on guard anyway.

AT were not that interested when I reported it, so I sent the details to the Met Police wing RE: Auto crime and never heard any thing more.

Papalazarou
14-10-2009, 07:34 PM
I see a facelift 2002 car in red's just come up for £22500. Perhaps I'll just strip mine for parts now! I'm hoping it's cat D. Or perhaps another scam. If it's neither, I'm hoping it'll sell quick!!

Cheers,

James.

AR
14-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Could be the Irish Cat D???

paul123
14-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm no expert - but looks dodgy. A trade seller but no contact details or info on the dealership? Tried to call but no answer - OK it's late but would have expected an answer machine.

That said price is too attractive not to try and find out more so interesting if anyone gets any more info.

Paul

simonprelude
14-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Have got people I know out there looking into it...................

Sudesh
16-10-2009, 10:07 AM
There are 2 cat D red facelift NSX's in N.Ireland, the 02 one in the add and an 03. I know both cars and the have already looked in to the one for sale. I also know someone who has spoke to the guy selling the car and has seen it before a few timeS, and is going to look at the car today.

simonprelude
16-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I know both cars and the have already looked in to the one for sale.

..............bargain or stay clear??

Sudesh
16-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Personally I think the car is a bargin, its a cat D which is the lightest catagory and would not put me off at that money. The car took a hit on the front corner and required a bumper/bonnet headlight etc I was told the parts were purchased new from Honda. I was told it didnt have any suspension or chassis damage. The add is not a scam, I spoke to the owner a few times and as mentioned, I know someone going to view this car today. It also has an NSX plate and is taxed and MOT. My friends Honda dealership serviced the car a few times and it was repaired here here in N.Ireland as the car has been in N.I a number of years. Was first registered on the 30th May 2002

AR
16-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Bargain as it might seem it would forever be a hard to sell car.

Senninha
16-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Bargain as it might seem it would forever be a hard to sell car.

If buying as a keeper then where's the issue if its been properly repaired (and this cn be validated)

If buying to enjoy for a few years then sell on, so long as the price relationship to undamaged is reflected then I dont see an issue. If you want one of the cleanest 02's on offer you go and buy James car, if not, save yourself £8-9k and buy this one.

If I was looking I would certainly give it a look and have a full independent inspection ..

Just my view

Regards, Paul