PDA

View Full Version : "I saw you coming....."

NSXGB
10-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Chatting to a mate last night reminded me of a thread on here (can't find it at the moment) about how we get fleeced by Honda for NSX parts...

He took his GT-R for it's first service which was an oil change - £270 for starters....Apparently Nissan charge the dealer £100 for 5 litres of Mobil One - yer right!
Anyway, the Techy comes out to him with a printout from his onboard computer, displaying the gearbox oil temperature stats from his first 6k miles....
"I'm afraid Sir that your gearbox oil exceeded 110 degrees on one occasion and therefore we need to change it".
OK, how much, he asks.
£700 inc. labour is the reply! (Ithink he said it's 15 Litres for the box and diffs).
Nissan supply this very secret formula of gearbox oil in a black tin with just GT-R on it.
If it's not changed within 1800 miles the warranty is void.

:eek:

Definitely saw him coming.....

Apparently the oil has been professionally analysed and is almost identical to Honda MTF.

amo
10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
lol just luv it how we get screwed man lol
just smile lol

thx amo

TheSebringOne
10-10-2009, 07:39 PM
If you own a niche high performance car & its still under warranty, then the dealer got you over a barrel! :angry: Even out of warranty, parts & servicing would still be high due to the high performance & hi tec nature of certain cars.

JQD84983
11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Apparently turning off the TC invalidates warranty on the Gt-R. If its that important why fit the switch?

That is a sorry tale for the GBox oil and I am disappointed in Nissan. I was impressed they stuck it up the 911 turbo for 1/2 the money but this is a bit underhand.

simonprelude
11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
If you own a niche high performance car & its still under warranty, then the dealer got you over a barrel! :angry: Even out of warranty, parts & servicing would still be high due to the high performance & hi tec nature of certain cars.

There is no need to go to a dealer for anything like that, it won't invalidate the warranty as long as you can prove it's been done.

Come resale time, it'll be a different matter, but as far as the warranty goes, nothing they can do.

NSXGB
18-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Nissan have actually just announced that they have revised this procedure and now the gearbox oil threshold is 120 degrees.

Very well timed for my mate, he's happy!