PDA

View Full Version : Gone, but never to be forgotten!

Baz
08-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh dear, I've gone and done the dreadful deed and sold my car.
I decided it really should go to someone who will use it more than me as during the last couple of years I've only covered about 3500 miles and I agree with many of you on this forum who say it is a sin to keep these fantastic vehicles locked away in garages.
Anyway, I put a quick ad on Pistonheads this Monday, had an e-mail from a guy in Dartford on Tuesday and sold it to him today! And at what I feel is a fair price for its age and mileage.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those on here who have very kindly responded to my questions in the past - what an amazing resource for owners. I will certainly try and encourage the new owner to make himself known to you all once I have the dosh in my bank account.

Cheers,

Baz

simonprelude
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Another one gone :(

Looks like these are selling quickly at the moment.

James, it's not too late to change your mind (again)

Papalazarou
08-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Another one gone :(

Looks like these are selling quickly at the moment.

James, it's not too late to change your mind (again)

No, it's definitely going this time. I've had NSX's for over four years now and although I know that whatever I buy next will not be as rare, probably won't sound as good and will not be built as well. It's time for a change. Oh damn, come to think of it, maybe I'll keep it!!;-)
Congratulations on the sale Baz.

Cheers,

James.

AR
08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Congrats on the sale.

James is it a GT3 itch again?

Senninha
09-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Well Done Baz,

And as its moving nearer to me there's a chance I may see it more often on a SE mini meet. I hope the new keeper says hi and enjoys yor well cared for NSX.

Its also not the only one sell quickly ....

I had a call last night from a fellow forum member. He advertised his 93 Red/Black manual on autotrader last week. Approx 83k miles, owned for past 8 years and advertised at £19,750. And for all of you who think NSX's prices are / have / should drop, this car, in almost totally OEM trim, sold within the week for £19,550.

I think someone was looking at this car during the summer and advised the seller he was dreaming if he thought the car was worth anywhere near this price.

I believe yet again this proves that good solid cars will attract genuine new keepers, prepared to pay for clean, properly maintained and un-damaged cars.

There will always be someone 'needing' to sell and prepared to offer competitive pricing to achieve an early sale. There is nothing wrong with this but I for one would appreciate those owners being satisfied with their decision and not then trying to justify to everyone else, across various threads, why they sold at the price they did.

These are great cars, they will be difficult to replace on a like for like basis. Keep them, sell them and buy them, but most of all, enjoy them and be comfortable in your own mind that you paid and sold at prices that you are/were happy with at the time.

Thank you.

Regards, Paul

Mark N
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Could not have put it better :)

TheSebringOne
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Congratulations on your super quick sale Baz!

Paul, I agree 100% with your comments & well said. :thumbsup:

sassthathoopie
13-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Well Done Baz,

And as its moving nearer to me there's a chance I may see it more often on a SE mini meet. I hope the new keeper says hi and enjoys yor well cared for NSX.

Its also not the only one sell quickly ....

I had a call last night from a fellow forum member. He advertised his 93 Red/Black manual on autotrader last week. Approx 83k miles, owned for past 8 years and advertised at £19,750. And for all of you who think NSX's prices are / have / should drop, this car, in almost totally OEM trim, sold within the week for £19,550.

I think someone was looking at this car during the summer and advised the seller he was dreaming if he thought the car was worth anywhere near this price.

I believe yet again this proves that good solid cars will attract genuine new keepers, prepared to pay for clean, properly maintained and un-damaged cars.

There will always be someone 'needing' to sell and prepared to offer competitive pricing to achieve an early sale. There is nothing wrong with this but I for one would appreciate those owners being satisfied with their decision and not then trying to justify to everyone else, across various threads, why they sold at the price they did.

These are great cars, they will be difficult to replace on a like for like basis. Keep them, sell them and buy them, but most of all, enjoy them and be comfortable in your own mind that you paid and sold at prices that you are/were happy with at the time.

Thank you.

Regards, Paul

Thanks for posting this. I bought my red/black manual with FHSH and 59k for £18k last summer - it had been advertised for a while. At Christmas time I reckoned the price was down to 17 after I had put some miles on it. The last few months I'd guessed it was back up to the price I paid despite the mileage now being 73k. Looks like an under estimation

This means that in the last 15 months the 18 grand I 'invested' in an NSX has out performed both the offshore funds I have.

We should set up an NSX fund - now there's an asset class I could really get excited about!