PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking to buy a NSX

mark_hk
16-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi there, I've just joined the club today as I am very interested in buying a NSX.

I have been thinking what cars i could buy for around the 30K mark. Was thinking about import toyota aristo/supra etc...but they are too common here in HK.

I have seen a '91 3.2 NSX with low mileage, but what would i need to look for? What problems occur with such old cars etc... i dont want to buy such an old car and find out that there will be many problems coming up in the next year or so.

Im looking for as much info and advice on the car before spending my hard earned money.

BrownBear
16-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Mark - I've posted a quick guide as a sticky at the top of this forum -

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4449

hope it helps -
Joe

wgmr
16-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Mark

Look at JoOe's post there isnt much more you could hope to know! One thing though, dont lok at the NSX as an old car, if you are buying an NSX that looks old you are buying the wrong one! NSX owners tend to look after their cars and know how to keep them looking and feeling new.

Good luck

AR
16-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Best advice I was given was not to buy the first one I saw. Sounds pretty evident, but hard to do in real life. I am glad I waited as I found the right one for me, even if it was 1.5 years after the search statrted :D BTW I waited 14 years for this car so a few months was a breeze, ( Who am I kidding! ) it is agony, but in the end you'll get the best one for you. Good luck finding your NSX.

mark_hk
16-08-2005, 10:05 PM
thanks!

Well, ive been in Hong Kong now for a few years now, and rarely ever see a NSX in the classifieds or at 2nd hand dealerships. I dont want to wait too long, or else ill end up spending my money on another car!

The one i have seen here looks in good nick, but then, the dealers here do spend alot to make it asthetically good looking i.e steam clean EVERYTHING to make it look brand new, but im just worried bout the engine, gearbox and anything mechanical. dont want it falling apart on me after a few drives ya know!?!!

DTA-Motorsport
17-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Hi Mark,

Where abouts are you located in HK? I have lived on Old Peak Road (Queens Gardens) for 3 years ('97 - '00). Richard Li (yes, son of property mogul Lee Ka Shing) lived in our building and amongs other exotics had a gorgeous black 3.2L NSX. I think it was a 98 or 99. I'm still in touch with him every once in a while and can ask if he'd be willing to part with it. He rarely drove it and should be very low mileage and excellent condition. Let me know.

All the best,

Dan