PDA

View Full Version : Is your NSX a she?

markc
15-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Just for fun... :)

With a couple of new owners recently joining the ranks here and tearful ex owners recounting their positive ownership experience, I've noticed the NSX has being referred to as "she".

I can't say I've really thought about it before, but now that I do think about it my NSX is definitely a bloke. Why? because it's a bit hard/harsh, quite loud, fast and functional rather than outright beautiful. No I haven't given "him" a name :)

I've heard of people giving their cars names and by association a gender, for example my wifes old Mini Clubman was called George (or "piece of crap" to me who used to have to fix the damn thing) but not the NSX.

Is your NSX a boy or a girl... or is "it" definitely genderless?

Cheers

Mark

havoc
15-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Cars are definitely women. Why?

- they're expensive;
- they're temperamental, and prone to sudden break-downs;
- you couldn't manage without one;
- you love the way they look;
- ...and most importantly, when you get inside them you stop caring about anything else! ;)

AR
15-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Mine are all boys. :)

TheQuietOne
15-09-2009, 02:12 PM
- ...and most importantly, when you get inside them you stop caring about anything else! ;)

There is something really gross about that final line Martin....I'm tempted to moderate it out ;-)

Papalazarou
15-09-2009, 03:17 PM
There's something seriously wrong with calling your car 'She.' After all it's just a ******* car!! Get over it!! Some of you guys make it sound like it's a sodding thoroughbred.
Christ, next you're be naming your cocks!!!!!

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Havoc, hurry and buy a bloody car, it's been months now!! If you don't get your act together soon, I'm going to make you buy mine.

havoc
15-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Papa - check the other thread out on this forum.

TQO - I know, but it's an old line (I think it was attributed to Julius Caesar originally) and I couldn't resist...

markc
15-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Cars are definitely women. Why?

- they're expensive;
- they're temperamental, and prone to sudden break-downs;
- you couldn't manage without one;
- you love the way they look;

Ha Ha, I think you might need to hide from the ladies who participate on this site Martin :)

I was reminded that many other languages assign gender to words and that ships/boats are almost always referred to as "she". I thought this might be a reason however a quick chat with a French colleague determined that the word bateau (French for boat) is male. Voiture (car) is indeed feminine however in French there is, apparently, no logic behind the allocation of gender to a word.

One of my friends calls my car the "Ginger Ninja" which also suggests it's (he's) a fella :)

Cheers

Mark

AR
15-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Some cars are women and some are slappers, as in "tank slappers".

TheSebringOne
16-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Mine is neither male or female, maybe unisex!! :laugh::laugh:

Ewan
18-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Both my S2000s were female, the NSX is male. Don't ask why, it just *is* :)

amo
18-09-2009, 10:46 PM
mine is a women through and through luv to give her what for
lol

papa your just an old man lol

thx amo