PDA

View Full Version : Hello and some advice please

NSXesque
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Hello all,
Ive always wanted an NSX and decided to look into it now I thought I had the money.
However Im wondering if I had completely the wrong idea of thier value.
I had it in my head that you could pick up a decent early NSX for £15k or similar but over the past few weeks there has been nothing relevant on the market.
My only criteria is that it is manual.
So my question is thus:
Is it that I have it completely wrong and that is an unrealistic price, or is it that there havent really been any early ones about lately and its worth holding off a while?

My concern is that now have am excited about an NSX, if I have it wrong then Im going to have to buy a different car which I will hate.
THanks for your help

AR
09-09-2009, 10:20 AM
If your budget is only £15K you'll be well pressed to fine a good manual example.

Add £ 5K and then look again or you might get lucky.

simonprelude
09-09-2009, 10:27 AM
You should be able to find a reasonable early car for around £15k if you're patient.

There are around 400 cars in total in the UK, so I would say less than 50 might fit the bill, the average time an owner keeps a car seems to be around 2 years so one should pop up every couple of weeks statistically. However, they don't hang around long.......... those that do usually aren't in very good condition.

However, the early cars seem to be held onto longer by owners and there are still some original owner cars out there.

AR
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
You should be able to find a reasonable early car for around £15k if you're patient.

Lucky more than patient.

Could be a car in need of TLC, an owner who is desperate or a car with "hidden" history, but I can't remember a car with no issues sell for that sort of money.

simonprelude
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Lucky more than patient.

Could be a car in need of TLC, an owner who is desperate or a car with "hidden" history, but I can't remember a car with no issues sell for that sort of money.

lol Hence reasonable :)

So Ary, how about another legendary BBQ ?? (can't have a thread on topic for too long)

NSXesque
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks fpr the replies
So Im going to have to wait AND get lucky?
....I see.
Hypothetically, though, looking around a decent car around 1996-7 *seems* to be around the 20k mark. Will an earlier one not command a bit less than that?

I realise Im not going to get a concourse example for my money- but am I right in thinking that as long as they have a comprehensive service history then they are pretty bulletproof mechanically?

Or have a got a lot more reasing up to do?

AR
09-09-2009, 11:09 AM
lol Hence reasonable :)

So Ary, how about another legendary BBQ ?? (can't have a thread on topic for too long)

Working on it mate thinking brazil GP time.

AR
09-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks fpr the replies
....I see.
Hypothetically, though, looking around a decent car around 1996-7 *seems* to be around the 20k mark. Will an earlier one not command a bit less than that?

NSX sell on condition, age does play a role but condition is really important there is a cat d 93 for circa 11k.

NSXesque
09-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I saw that one, but its CAT C and the way he describes it it sounds like its been sellotaped back together.

NSX 2000
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks fpr the replies
....I see.

I realise Im not going to get a concourse example for my money- but am I right in thinking that as long as they have a comprehensive service history then they are pretty bulletproof mechanically?

Or have a got a lot more reasing up to do?

I would say that you are thinking on the right lines :think:

IIRC a 92 or 93 with over 100k miles but in tip top condition went for less than £15k earlier this year.

HTH

Paul

Dragonlady
10-09-2009, 05:58 AM
A manual 93 plate has gone on Piston Heads for 14k. Milage is 120k+ but it says it has a full history.
The interiour doesn't look to bad for the age either.

Sharon

NSXesque
10-09-2009, 08:23 AM
THanks DL. I spent yesterday counting out my copper jars to raise my budget somewhat and then saw that in the evening.
It hasnt been serviced for a while and I would have to replace those wheels if I considered it so I would suggest its going to end up a bit more than that. Plus the 120k puts me off a bit.
Im weighing up my options as we speak.

AR
10-09-2009, 08:46 AM
That car was recently owned by Dave J who spent quit a bit on it.

NSXesque
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Was he resonsible for those wheels???
The pervert ;)

NSX 2000
10-09-2009, 10:40 AM
A manual 93 plate has gone on Piston Heads for 14k. Milage is 120k+ but it says it has a full history.
The interiour doesn't look to bad for the age either.

Sharon

THanks DL. I spent yesterday counting out my copper jars to raise my budget somewhat and then saw that in the evening.
It hasnt been serviced for a while and I would have to replace those wheels if I considered it so I would suggest its going to end up a bit more than that. Plus the 120k puts me off a bit.
Im weighing up my options as we speak.

Is this the original reg K194EGM?

havoc
10-09-2009, 04:25 PM
PH advert says OE wheels included in the sale.

Budget-in a major service (£1-2k), and as long as it's been well looked-after that could be worth a punt...

NSXesque
10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, I thought that. Looking through Dave J's posts though it seems like he only sold it about 2 months ago. That concerns me somewhat.

AR
10-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, I thought that. Looking through Dave J's posts though it seems like he only sold it about 2 months ago. That concerns me somewhat.

Dave normally sells Skylines, Evos etc, it is quite possible that one of his old custumers traded in a high HP car and then found the NSX not as quick.

Have you at least call the seller to find out why he is selling it?

Cheers,

AR

Dave J
10-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Ary, been a long time :). Yes this was one of my old cars and she had a service at 120k, not by Honda as i've got my own mechanic. It had a Honda cambelt/waterpump/clutch service at 96k so you'll be right for a while!
The chap, Ron, is a car enthusiast and a very decent person so there's no dark story behind it. She's had a bit of paint but only for cosmetics not damage so this car is certainly worth a look and i'd say a bargain for a UK supplied manual car.
I am responsible for the wheels i'm afraid but i do like big pimpy wheels!! The originals are still with the car along with the air box, spoiler, exhaust etc.
I only sold it because i'm a car dealer and get bored quickly, since then i've had an R34 GTR and a couple of Porkers, going to get either another Turbo Porsche or a GT3............they also must have big wheels :D
Dave.

NSXesque
10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks a lot everyone, and particularly Dave J for taking so much time even after I had insulted his taste in wheels :)

AR
10-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Ary, been a long time :).

It has my friend, another BBQ is in the plans so hopefully you can come to this one. Porkers and all LOL. Details to be finalized.

Dave J
10-09-2009, 09:42 PM
It has my friend, another BBQ is in the plans so hopefully you can come to this one. Porkers and all LOL. Details to be finalized.

I'll look forwards to it, i'm actually taking care of myself these days and feeling much better! Sold both my Porsches and i'm now smoking up the highway in my 2800cc Pajero :rolleyes:. Nice and comfortable and absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting banned from driving in her!!!!!!!
I'm on the lookout for another Porsche Turbo or a GT3 or even another R34 GTR again.
Back to the original post......this NSX is a decent car and a bargain.........even with the wheels ;)
Dave.

amo
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
to be fair he had to change the wheels think the oem are a bit gay lol
nice car prob wont need to spend any money on that as well

thx amo

gsuds
14-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I would say that you are thinking on the right lines :think:

IIRC a 92 or 93 with over 100k miles but in tip top condition went for less than £15k earlier this year.

HTH

Paul

Keep looking. My '93 with just over 100k miles but in pretty good shape went for substantially less than 15k earlier this summer........

HTH

Graham