PDA

View Full Version : Fuel up again-RANT

AR
01-09-2009, 03:28 PM
What is the fvcking matter with this government???

Do they want the entire nation on the dole?

I just don't get it.

Fuel up, VAT back up in Jan, what else!!!

Silver Surfer
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
The government is so much in debt...the motorist is the easiest route for them to claw some money back!!

SS

Dragonlady
01-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Please don't get me started. Guy Faulks had the right idea, shame he failed.

JQD84983
01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
VAT going back to where it should never have moved from and the 2p per litre is a drop in the ocean. This government has saddled us and our kids with debt we will be repaying for years.

Wait till they have to get hold of income tax!

Dragonlady
01-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Just out of curiosity what fuel type do people put in their NSX's - 95 RON or super?

AR
01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Just out of curiosity what fuel type do people put in their NSX's - 95 RON or super?

I always use super on mine, V Power or tesco 99 when V power not available.

TheSebringOne
01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Shell V-Power for my baby only where possible!

Which ever party is in power next, all form of taxes will rise, both direct or indirect, so our poor nation will be straddled with huge debts for a long long time, probably a generation! :angry::angry:

At least we are not in germany where its equivalent to £1.16 per litre, but how can you get the current largest polluter in the world paying their gas at £0.48! :angry::angry:

Dragonlady
02-09-2009, 04:56 AM
At least we are not in germany where its equivalent to £1.16 per litre,

Sshhhhh don't give them ideas!!! Although V Power can't be far off that price :(

Senninha
02-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Spooky,

I was only discussing this over the weekend how earlier in the year people were making lots of noise about fuel prices then it all dropped away and doen to around 99p .... then with the swine flu distraction they have quietly slipped prices back up to the earlier highs!!!

As always, the motorist takes the hit.

Usually on V-power on the basis I'm going out for some fun so might as well give the NSX the best opportunity to play with me!

regards, Paul

markc
07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
... but fuel duty is by far the easiest and probably the fairest way to tax road use, the more you drive the more you pay (a.k.a, pay as you go) leaving you to chose your vehicle type, engine size etc

All the other motoring taxes like Road Tax itself, Emissions levy, Congestion charging, parking fees etc etc are inherently unfair on some or all of us.

If only they were more open about the percentage of tax raised from motorists to the spend on road infrastructure maintenance etc... just 14% I believe?

At last the goverment are sort of listening to the ABD's sensible lobbying. Some good reading here... http://www.abd.org.uk/resources/documents/taxes_and_charges_on_road_users_2008.htm

As a petrolhead if you're not a member of the ABD you really should be. IMHO of course :)

Cheers

Mark

Silver Surfer
07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Just returned from belguim...the cost of superunleaded is 1.36 euro / litre!!!

Maybe our UK price arn't as bad as we thought..... ;)

SS