PDA

View Full Version : Whats Happened to Jenson?

JQD84983
30-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Not wishing to put the mockers on our man but its been a rough couple of weeks for him. Rubens is starting to cut the mustard and our Jenson is just stuttering a bit. Not sure if its pressure or just issues with the car?

Hope his luck improves in the race but he is a long way back to do much I think!

Hats off to Force India. :) This year has certainly been a change from Ferrari & Mclaren domination.

gumball
30-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Jenson is as quick as hell in a perfectly setup car, but once it's not to his liking his pace drops off badly. Unless they sort the car out to give him more confidence, it's Ruben's championship.

NSX 2000
30-08-2009, 12:09 PM
That was a waste of staying in this afternoon :(

gumball
30-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Why? Kimi won yay!

AR
30-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I caught it on the I Player, and to be fair he got wacked from behind.

Well done Reubens with the Roman Charriot!

m666 edd
30-08-2009, 05:11 PM
I was really looking forward to the race and was really gutted when both jenson and lewis got knocked out right near the start.

Was still pretty good race nevertheless though.

TheSebringOne
30-08-2009, 05:37 PM
JB is feeling the pressure, lets hope they can set the car correctly for him in the remaining races! Shame he got shunted from the back as he made up 4 places, had the heaviest fuel load and this would have played into his hands. My sister in law was at Spa with nephews supporting JB & LH, great shame for them since they only lasted a lap! :(

JQD84983
30-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Looks like I did put the mockers on our Jenson. I'll tell you what if he didn't have bad luck he would have none at all at the moment. At least he only lost 2 points to Rubens so it was not a complete disaster.

Was not impressed with Rubens engine at the end mind. :no: definitely on its last legs by the end.

NSXGB
31-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Looks like I did put the mockers on our Jenson. I'll tell you what if he didn't have bad luck he would have none at all at the moment. At least he only lost 2 points to Rubens so it was not a complete disaster.

Was not impressed with Rubens engine at the end mind. :no: definitely on its last legs by the end.

Quite impressed his engine lasted for 3-4 laps when the smoke started but alledgedly it was oil leaking on the manifolds so looked worse than it was.

Jensen was very lucky again to not lose too many points again....too many rookies spoilt this race!

amo
31-08-2009, 09:21 PM
rb done great just wish he could have got off the line would have be 1st
im going for rb to go for a win

thx amo

Senninha
01-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Jensen was very lucky again to not lose too many points again....too many rookies spoilt this race!

Good call, the key players had a poor or low scoring outing. As per point above, when the car is to his liking, Jenson has proved his ability to drive around and away from the field. However, get the set up wrong and his ability to drive around the issues is highlighted as not being as good as some others.

He needs a couple of hot dry races to get back on track otherwise the trophy could be going to Brazil or Australia .... but I do think Brawn can protect the manufacturer title which will be a truly great result.

Did anyone else catch the interesting discussion with Ross Brawn where he claimed they will be stronger next year as they wont be hampered with aero restrictions of the late switch to the Mercedes powerplant? He was claiming ability on next years car to widen the sweet spot of operation that will deliver them with their early year performance in more conditions.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
01-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I saw that interview with RB where he stated this season's car had its aero compromised due to the engine change. Imagine the potential of this car with over a years development come the 2010 season! On balance I think Brawn has done exceptionally well considering Brawn took over very late the left over of Honda F1 Racing and especially with the late modification to fit the Mercedes engine.

Go go go Brawn for 2009 & 2010!!