PDA

View Full Version : Another new member looking for NSX

ctipney
26-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi all, after much thought I have finally decided to go for an NSX. It's always been an ambition but finance has been a problem - however not getting any younger .......

My preference would be for Manual transmission and T-bar. I would prefer to be one of the later years as I'm worried about the maintenance issues on the older ones.

Anything to <really> avoid ? Apart from imports that is which I think are not for me.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
p.s. the Elise 111R is moving to make way....

SILVER BULLET
26-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the NSXCB, we could do with a few more NSX owners in the south west, then our mini meets wouldn't be quite so mini.:laugh:

I am not qualified to give you any advice but you will find all the info you need in this forum.

The one thing that I do know is that when you get your dream car you will not be disapointed,I still smile every time that I drive my NSX even after two and a half years.

Good luck with your search,

Cheers,

Ian

NSXGB
26-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Welcome Chris.

Not sure of your level of expertise with a spanner but I would not discount an earlier cherished model.

Your proposed combination of a manual car with a Targa roof is one of the less available combinations. You need to decide how important the Targa top is for you as there are more coupes available.

Not necessary to avoid the imports, they have certain advantages like not having the 'slugs' on the nose cone (headlight washers) and on a manual car, better gear ratio's in the earlier cars.

Others will be able to elabourate more than I but I hope that helps for now....

TheSebringOne
26-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome to NSXCB Chris! Age is not an issue with a older car so long as its well maintained & fully serviced car at the correct intervals. As long as it has history, I wouldn't discount a import, but these are rare too just like a UK supplied car. Since only 400-450 were sold here in its 15 yrs life & there maybe only 350-400 left on the roads? choice will be limited anyway and a targa/manual even rarer. Best try & drive all models and get the latest or lowest mileage for your budget. HTH

Senninha
26-08-2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=45

Could be what youre looking for ... this will have all the mechanical benefits of the facelifted 2002 cars but have the classic lines and pop up lights.

Alternatively you could consider this cherished example

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=113

Happy hunting

regards, Paul

AR
26-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Welcome to NSXCB Chris! Age is not an issue with a older car so long as its well maintained & fully serviced car at the correct intervals.

Could not agree more, mine has 103K and is Stronger than ever! :)

Cheers,

Ary

eclipse1501
26-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Could not agree more, mine has 103K and is Stronger than ever! :)

Cheers,

Ary

+1
Age is no issue with NSX given usual checks

ctipney
27-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the NSXCB, we could do with a few more NSX owners in the south west, then our mini meets wouldn't be quite so mini.:laugh:

I am not qualified to give you any advice but you will find all the info you need in this forum.

The one thing that I do know is that when you get your dream car you will not be disapointed,I still smile every time that I drive my NSX even after two and a half years.

Good luck with your search,

Cheers,

Ian
Ian,

Thanks for the reply - how far frpm Plymouth are you? We are just across the bridge post code PL12 6RB gets you close.

Cheers,

Chris

ctipney
27-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks to for the quick replies and warm welcome !

I do have good facilities for working on my cars - I'm currently reworking a Fisher Fury 'blade which I use for track days. Waiting in the wings is a damaged Ultima I took on as a retirement project - I leave my 'day job' at the end of the month so more time to play.

The good news what what I read above is the NSX seems to last well, two questiosn then (1) Availability of spares (2) Does anyone do the work themselves ? and if not are the service centres you trust ?

Many thanks,

Chris

p.s. anyone been to see the two for sale above - they are both a loooong way from here !

mariscalcus
27-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Regarding the 2001 silver targa in Lancashire it is perhaps informative that it has been on the market since December last year (with the price reduced by 2,000 quid in that time). Given the rarity of 3.2 litre pop-up manual targas (I should know since I have been looking for one for nearly 2 years) there is obviously some very good reasons why this car has not sold.

There were some interesting comments on it in a recent thread by, I believe, Dragon Lady who looked at it which tends to confirm why it has not sold.

NSXGB
27-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Parts for the NSX, either OE or aftermarket are readily available. To get the best value it is common to source parts from Japan or the USA. Vtec, a vendor on here also supply parts at excellent prices.
Working on the NSX is no great mystery, especially with forums like this and Prime. Just check out some of Kaz's posts, comprehensive is an understatement. . . :-)

ctipney
27-08-2009, 09:52 PM
God news that spares are still readily available - I read the very positive reports about the services that Kas supplies.

It's good that someone who cares is available to work on what for most people <appears> to be an emotional possession.

Still looking then....

Cheers,

Chris

donnac
27-08-2009, 10:13 PM
p.s. anyone been to see the two for sale above - they are both a loooong way from here !

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the site,

Mine is the yellow one for sale, if you have any questions drop me a line :)

dan
02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
hi chris

mine is the silver one. I put it in a local showroom for a while on a sale or return on the basis that they did the repairs.

I have had the car for sale for a while and it does need quite a bit of work to put it in showroom condition. I think the price reflects the amount of work needed. I have been honest with all interested parties by sending pictures of the body work damage ( which was minor ) / wheel kerbing / seat condition which is all included in my description. I and most people in the trade would prefer to see the car in its " honest " condition.

dragonlady's thread appears to question the mileage but I can say that the mileage is correct.

I am in the process of removing the advert in order to put everything right before I readvertise but please feel free to contact me if you are interested as the car is a genuine car.