PDA

View Full Version : Master key

Dragonlady
22-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Is there any problems will a car for sale that does not have the master key with it? It only has the two black keys.

Thanks Sharon

NSX 2000
22-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Is there any problems will a car for sale that does not have the master key with it? It only has the two black keys.

Thanks Sharon

IIRC master keys cost a fortune, the best bet is to ask a Honda dealer. But if you never loose the two black keys you will never need a master key any way.

HTH

Paul.

Sudesh
22-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Thanks Sharon

Hi Sharon,

My car has 4 keys, 2 master and 2 valet keys. The the master keys work on all lock, eg, doors, boot and ignition. The valet keys only work on ignition and doors. The reason for this is, if you want to keep items private and your away for a weekend, you can keep thing safe in the glove box and boot by handing someone the "valet" key.

You can switch the boot release to off in the glove box then lock it, which means the "boot open button" on the drivers side door can not be operated.

Dragonlady
22-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi Sharon,

My car has 4 keys, 2 master and 2 valet keys. The the master keys work on all lock, eg, doors, boot and ignition. The valet keys only work on ignition and doors. The reason for this is, if you want to keep items private and your away for a weekend, you can keep thing safe in the glove box and boot by handing someone the "valet" key.

You can switch the boot release to off in the glove box then lock it, which means the "boot open button" on the drivers side door can not be operated.

Thanks for that, that is exactly what I thought the master key was as I had one of for my Honda Accord Coupe, but I don't think that it was refred to as the master key.

Just one more question should I expect the keys to come with a fob for remote central locking?

JQD84983
23-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Mine only came with two black keys. I know it has some sort of chip in the key as there is a green light on the dash that is extinguished when the key is inserted ALA the S2000.

As for a key fob for central locking is was a cost option of £600 or so. Unless this was an option on the car it won't hace one

AR
23-08-2009, 07:41 PM
In the later NSX, I think NA2s, the car had a Grey master key and some had a RED keyfob. They were needed for reprogramming etc.

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
24-08-2009, 12:15 AM
I've got 1 red, 2 blacks (all Hondas) and one spare silica make too. HTH