View Full Version : a quick drop in price

sking666
21-08-2009, 07:38 AM
A quick price drop!
I rang this up, and offered him WELL below his price and he more a less bit my hand off,
Apparently all the work has been done locally its had a full respray due to some of the laquer peeling off.
The head gasket was done by the same garage.(he did say he will give me thier number.
Ive hpi'd the car If i do get it ill be the 8tH owner, i know its an older car but 7 owners?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/HONDA+NSX/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294925094-4294966904/advert.action?R=200930338333752&distance=235&postcode=pr7+6hz&channel=CARS&make=HONDA&model=NSX&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1996&vehicleRegLetter=N (http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/HONDA+NSX/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294925094-4294966904/advert.action?R=200930338333752&distance=235&postcode=pr7+6hz&channel=CARS&make=HONDA&model=NSX&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1996&vehicleRegLetter=N)

gsuds
21-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Number of owners not necessarily a problem - my '93 now on its 6th owner. Usually down to either change of circumstances (common) or flirtation with as many cars as possible! (a disease, and also common).

Price drops also not necessarily a problem, especially in current climate - ther's a lot more pragmatism out there now, and, although this will pain a great many on this site, values HAVE fallen, and actual transactions usually rather less than asking prices. Certainly, after being on sale >15 months, I had to take a fair hit on what I was asking for mine. Probably more noticeable away from main poulation centre of UK. Prices might (will) rise again in coming times but for now, although still very sought-after, our cars are not immune to current financial reality. Just my 2p.

If is a good car, take it!

Graham

sking666
21-08-2009, 09:29 AM
this is how he describes the car-

There will never be another car like the NSX, especially now that Honda have axed its replacement. This is a stunning example. 1996, 2 Door, 3.0 Vtec(The best 3.0 engine ever built), Targa roof(Looks and feels fantastic), Pop-up headlights(Just so cool), Formula Red(Who would want any other colour?), Manual(The only way to drive this car), 95000 miles, Tax/Mot, FDSH, Potenzas all round, Honda SS exhaust, Alpine 6xCD Player linked to the NSXs standard Bose system, Toad A1606 Thatcham Category 1 alarm, N666 NSX plate(A devil of a car!). This car is immaculate, totally original and everything works! Over £10000 spent in the last 2 years to bring it back to showroom condition, I have all the receipts. Total re-spray by Rowes Honda, head gasket replaced, new water pump, thermostat, timing belt, oil cooler, clutch, front brake discs, all 4 speed sensors, both Lamda sensors, power steering ECU, petrol tank sender unit, targa roof rubbers, internal air sensor fan, front windscreen, exhaust chrome trims, boot lid gas struts, leather gear knob, electric aerial. Car still looks and feels rock solid, used daily, engine growl is intoxicating, great chassis, hugely comfortable, pure joy to drive. As Damon Hill once said, The best drivers car ever built. And you can get two sets of golf clubs in the boot! Heaven! First telephone number office hours, second number evenings. No test pilots or canvassers.

on the HPI he's owned it for 2 years then previously its had a new owner almost every 12 months?

simonprelude
21-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Not sure what's going on with the gear gaitor surround.

If you can get the car for around £20k then it looks like a good deal should be able to be had.

Senninha
21-08-2009, 12:45 PM
this is how he describes the car-

.........This car is immaculate, totally original and everything works! Over £10000 spent in the last 2 years to bring it back to showroom condition, I have all the receipts. Total re-spray by Rowes Honda...........

Surely this is conflicting .... and why would you respray th whole car for some laquer lifting?

Cant see the link so no other comment

regards, Paul

markc
21-08-2009, 12:58 PM
.........This car is immaculate, totally original and everything works! Over £10000 spent in the last 2 years to bring it back to showroom condition, I have all the receipts. Total re-spray by Rowes Honda...........

Surely this is conflicting .... and why would you respray th whole car for some laquer lifting?

Indeed...

Looks like the current owner rescued it from a time of neglect. Why on earth do people do this (neglect) when they've spent fair chunk of cash on a car like this :(

Anyway, looks like it's been bought back up up to scratch now and if it's as nice as it sounds could make someone very happy :)

Cheers

Mark

gsuds
21-08-2009, 02:33 PM
You see a lot of this guff in classic car adverts too - cars described as totally original, time-warp etc...with subsequent details of paint changes etc!

Mine too ended up with a full respray when all I'd intended was a nosecone tidy up job - down to original paint subtly changing shade with age really, producing very minor (but noticeable to me) mismatch.

Still some room for manoeuvre on the price I'd say - but at the end of the day the car's worth what you're prepared to pay!

Graham

sking666
21-08-2009, 03:03 PM
even if ill be the 8th owner?

markc
21-08-2009, 03:25 PM
You see a lot of this guff in classic car adverts too - cars described as totally original, time-warp etc...with subsequent details of paint changes etc!

The best one has to be "Immaculate condition... prior to accident" :)

NSXGB
21-08-2009, 03:28 PM
....speedo gauge looks wrong \ different??

markc
21-08-2009, 04:12 PM
....speedo gauge looks wrong \ different??

That's the normal UK/Euro speedo which has always looked wrong to me. They are only graduated to 3 o'clock for some reason. JDM speedo's are graduated round to 5 o'clock.

Mark

sking666
21-08-2009, 04:41 PM
The best one has to be "Immaculate condition... prior to accident" :)

thats whats worrying if its had an unregistered smack, as well as the head gasket going.

Rowes honda seemed to think he's just particular about his car,and liked things done right?

NSXGB
21-08-2009, 05:10 PM
That's the normal UK/Euro speedo which has always looked wrong to me. They are only graduated to 3 o'clock for some reason. JDM speedo's are graduated round to 5 o'clock.

Mark

..yeah, but it seems to have too many Kph figures like the ones on ebay??

markc
21-08-2009, 05:17 PM
thats whats worrying if its had an unregistered smack, as hell as the head going.

Rowes honda seemed to think he's just particular about his car,and liked things done right?

I wasn't suggest this particular car had an accident, just that it makes me laugh when I do see that statement in an advert :)

havoc
24-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Saw that car, saw the amount of work done, and reached one of two conclusions:-
1) It's had some sort of major 'problem' - what, why, and is there anything lurking as a result?!?
2) The current owner is a fastidious b'gger who wanted to get everything 100%...so why's he selling so soon?!?

Price I thought was really optimistic, so gave it a miss. Should have been cheeky like the OP! :(

OP - agree with above - if you've offered c.£20k, then as long as it's straight it's a good price for a (hopefully) good car!

sking666
27-08-2009, 12:27 PM
i offered 19k!
he said yes okay! straight away (which in a way worries me)maybe its because im a salesmen myself

simonprelude
27-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd get an AA/RAC check done, that way you will have some sort of comeback on the car.

donnac
27-08-2009, 10:11 PM
i offered 19k!
he said yes okay! straight away (which in a way worries me)maybe its because im a salesmen myself

Are you offering everyone £19K :laugh:

It seems strange he has priced it so highly if he is willing to drop so much, surely it would make more sense to reduce the price significantly if he is keen to sell?....and willing to drop £6K over the phone :think:

sking666
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Are you offering everyone £19K :laugh:

Yeah because thats all ive got ! and especially when most of the ones ive looked at have a hidden past!

And apparently the house is more important says the boss:laugh:

Anyhoo have you had any more thoughts about my offer?

donnac
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah because thats all ive got ! and especially when most of the ones ive looked at have a hidden past!

And apparently the house is more important says the boss:laugh:

Anyhoo have you had any more thoughts about my offer?

Its a good offer but im not too fussed about selling her quickly so im going to hold out for more, good luck though :cool:

sking666
04-09-2009, 07:51 AM
okay give us a shout if you change your mind