PDA

View Full Version : I've also been toying with the idea of getting an NSX but...

NZNick
19-08-2009, 05:50 AM
... there is a slight complication - I'm an ex-Brit living in New Zealand ( where there are hardly any NSX's :( ).

I'm after a manual, possibly an NSX-T, ideally a 6-speed 3.2 NA2 but realistically a later-year 3.0 5-speed NA1. I do like the look of the 1995 Targa currently for sale in the NSXCB Marketplace - does anyone know anything about the history, condition and deferred maintenance status of N5X MY (and it's VIN number)? Also, does the fact that it has non-OEM gearbox, diff. etc. ring alarm bells with anyone, or should these be considered as upgrades?

I haven't yet contacted the vendor (bluensx according to the NSX Garage, I think ?) yet, as I don't want to get too far into the process without some independent opinions etc.

I have looked into the process of importing a car from the UK to NZ - it seems fairly straight-forward from this end - the difficulty lies in me not being 'there' to get the car checked and the shipping arranged. Also, I have no idea of the cost of shipping. 7 years ago when I left the UK for NZ I was going to ship my CRX-VTec along with household contents, but it was squashed in an M25 juggernaut incident a month before shipping....... :(

I have investigated the Australian NSX market, but the prices there are way over UK prices - nearly double in some cases :eek:. Similarly, with the high current Japanese Yen exchange rate, UK cars are looking the most afforable. There are no other RHD markets that I can think of. Also, I still have a GBP bank account.

I know that this is outside the scope of the NSXCB, but any advice, assistance or support would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Senninha
19-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi,

It will be worth you contacting Graham at Plans Motorsport as he was the previous owner of this NSX. I beleive he also completed most of the upgrades on the car including brakes, seats, drivetrain.

http://www.plansmotorsport.com/

Hope this helps

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
19-08-2009, 08:35 AM
IIRC the owner of this car was moving to europe hence selling the car, so I would recommend that you check the car is still for sale.

If it is let us know as the car was based near to me.

HTH

Paul.

sking666
19-08-2009, 08:47 AM
i rang him last week apparently it was sold 3 weeks ago!!!:(

wish he's remove his ad

Mark N
19-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Nick
I can confirm the NSX you mentioned has been sold as i am the the new owner.Hope you eventually find another nsx.

Mark

Dragonlady
19-08-2009, 11:03 AM
wish he's remove his ad

Me too, I pm'd him about 2/3 weeks ago and he never bothered to get back to me, now I know why.

TheSebringOne
19-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Welcome, there seems to be more demand then supply for the NSX in the UK/world! Being so far away in NZ I would honestly check how much to ship/insure such a expensive car out there. I remember my sister returning to the UK from HK in 2000, the shipping cost & insurance for everything including antique furniture was about £10K! I know its different to exporting a car and is from Asia to the UK. Good luck in your search. HTH

NZNick
19-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the swift and helpful replies. As this particular car is now sold :( it would be great if the Marketplace could reflect this fact.

I will continue to search for an NSX - Mark N, I am so envious.:angry:;).

I'll look into the cost of shipping before I get too excited and dare I say attached to a particular car :embarassed: - thanks TheSebringOne.

Thanks Paul for the link to the Plans site - it all makes sense now how and why there are so many non-standard (upgraded) components on N5X MY - the gallery shows 4 gorgeous photos with the car next to T2 NSX (which I have read about).

Hopefully I'll be visiting the UK next June - perhaps I'll have the chance to pick up a large piece of excess luggage !!!

Thanks again guys and girls.

Nick

PS - apologies for over-indulging in smilies.

forumadmin
20-08-2009, 09:02 AM
The ad in question has now been closed.