PDA

View Full Version : New Console

Greybloke
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
My first (small) mod was to replace the head unit in order to play my cd collection, and at an acceptable quality. Being able to restore to original spec in the future, was also a pre requisite of the brief to my local installer.

I didn't want to cut the original console so ordered a "carbon" console from Dali Racing, which arrived 3 days after ordering! A good quality item, with acceptable fit, not too sure if it's carbon, looks like a good glass fibre mat under a dark gel coat? Anyway it looks good.

Considered a cd changer, but concern about loosing the valuable boot space took me to consider a head unit which would accept a ipod link :D The Pioneer head unit also has Bluetooth so will answer my phone.

Anyway the oem head as well as door speakers were removed, replaced by Kenwood component speakers, and the Pioneer head. Console carfully cut by my installer, looks a treat, and with the aid of a small amp behind the passenger seat, sounds fab :) Some small additions to come, watch this space........ Anyway off to Germany on Friday so all's to be done is to load up my best cd tracks into the ipod and i'll be set.

Photos should be below, together with the result of a day spent with a claybar and polish 8)

NSXGOD
09-08-2005, 05:15 AM
I didn't want to cut the original console so ordered a "carbon" console from Dali Racing, which arrived 3 days after ordering! A good quality item, with acceptable fit, not too sure if it's carbon, looks like a good glass fibre mat under a dark gel coat? Anyway it looks good.

it is glass fiber mat laid over CF, (CF goes in the tool first, glass on the back) hence the name "carbonglass" - see below

Carbon / Glass
Carbon fibre contributes high tensile compressive strength and stiffness and reduces the density, while glass reduces the cost.

Kevin
09-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Carbon / Glass
Carbon fibre contributes high tensile compressive strength and stiffness and reduces the density, while glass reduces the cost.

Carbon fibre contributes to strength, yada yada...

It's there to look gooooood. :D