PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ive been toying withe the idea of buying an NSX for some time.

jan glyn
18-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Its on Ebay,ok but you have got to look somewhere, 1994, Auto, Red/Cream interior(?) Dark Wheels. shown as a Classified sale at Autec Cars Dewsbury. Any one got any thoughts on it or know its history
Cheers

Sudesh
18-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Its on Ebay,ok but you have got to look somewhere, 1994, Auto, Red/Cream interior(?) Dark Wheels. shown as a Classified sale at Autec Cars Dewsbury. Any one got any thoughts on it or know its history
Cheers

Hi and welcome,

That car is an import so it may not have full history.

simonprelude
18-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I assume you mean this one that's also on autotrader.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/HONDA+NSX/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294925094-4294966904/advert.action?R=200934340052076&distance=164&postcode=sw1a+1aa&channel=CARS&make=HONDA&model=NSX&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1994&vehicleRegLetter=A

jan glyn
18-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Sudesh I saw the square number plate pressing and assumed that would be the case. I was hoping it may have been known to one or two members

jan glyn
18-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Simonprelude YES thats the one is it the bargain it appears

Sudesh
18-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Its also not a 1994 car but a 1991 car.

simonprelude
18-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't say it's a bargain, but also wouldn't say it's too badly priced.

The interior is.............. interesting to say the least.

Senninha
18-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi and Welcome to NSXCB,

Nice looking car that would benefit from Sudesh's carpet treatment. Looks to have an after market exhaust as well.

Price is in the sweet spot for a well documented auto and with that mileage (if certified) you could add plenty more without hitting its value.

Check the obvious things and take a copy of the buyers guide (printable from this website) to help you check it all over.

Good luck

regards, Paul

jan glyn
18-08-2009, 01:04 PM
The guy at Autec says it was a local car taken in PX. Since it was imported in May 08 the owner has serviced the car with them, they supplied the wheels & tyres. But it appears no more info.

Sudesh thanks again - The ad says 1994 M reg. I will raise the point with the Garage. Could there be any reason for this error in description I assume they would have taken the details off the V5.

I live some distance away from the seller, but am planning to go on Thursday, I have printed off the "check list" in readiness.

Sudesh
18-08-2009, 01:12 PM
The guy at Autec says it was a local car taken in PX. Since it was imported in May 08 the owner has serviced the car with them, they supplied the wheels & tyres. But it appears no more info.

Sudesh thanks again - The ad says 1994 M reg. I will raise the point with the Garage. Could there be any reason for this error in description I assume they would have taken the details off the V5.

I live some distance away from the seller, but am planning to go on Thursday, I have printed off the "check list" in readiness.

Its definately a 1991 car

A few reasons for this are:

1. Centre arm rest is the old style, it was updated in 1993 to the dual opening one
2. The ivory interior was also dropped in late 1992/93 for TAN
3. The rear fire wall color was also changed in cars that came with tan/red etc interior. So went from being black to interior color.

But the most important thing is the chassis number, on this car it's 1000791, which on my JDM parts system comes up as a 1991 car, I have also double checked it with my friend who own a Honda dealership and he has also said its a 1991 car.

As the car doesnt have a documented history, you may want to budget for things like, timing belt change, coolant hose replacement, inspect the drive shafts and boots and so on.

Sudesh
18-08-2009, 01:16 PM

The only reasons I can think off are, either the V5 was doctored to make the car appear newer or at the time it was first registered in the UK with the JDM paper work; the original Japanese certificate and its UK counterpart were altered to make the car appear younger.

jan glyn
20-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I had planned to go and visit the Garage today,Thurs 20th. However with the anomalies over the correct age and lack of substantiated history I have decided to wait and see what else arises.
I did mail questions to the Garage who could confirn only that they had carried out a few minor services on the car and had supplied the new Exhaust ,Tyres and Wheels they did not respond to the queries over the actual age of this car.

Sudesh . Thanks for your wise words.

Anyone who is considering selling please let me know

Cheers

NSXGB
20-08-2009, 12:22 PM
The first NSX I lined up when looking was registered as a 1993 car but was in fact a 1991 import. The reason given for this was that it was on display at Suzuka from new for 2 years before being road registered, so technically a brand new car still.
Might be a valid reason like that for the discrepancy in age but it does not help if the garage ignores your emails, that just raises suspicion...

jan glyn
24-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks NSXGB, I would like to think its no more than that,however we all hear horror stories of being left with NO car and NO money. If the Garage had responded I would have gone to see it and run data checks but as its clearly an import what would I realistically be presented with.

Im biding my time waiting for one of you to sell the right car

Cheers