PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear NSX-R test track

simonprelude
08-08-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/820e0887-eec7-4537-ac99-db9b0a946a61

Easy listening mayhem as our helmeted hero puts rubber down onto the TG test track via the playful chassis of a true great among Japanese supercars.

gumball
08-08-2009, 10:43 AM
It would be nice to see how our favourite car compared in the dry. We all know it's a giant killer though.
Or maybe if Topgear got hold of an early nineties NSX and the same year Ferrari and head out across europe and see which one makes it to the end. :)

Papalazarou
08-08-2009, 10:53 AM
It would be nice to see how our favourite car compared in the dry. We all know it's a giant killer though.
Or maybe if Topgear got hold of an early nineties NSX and the same year Ferrari and head out across europe and see which one makes it to the end. :)

I'd love to see some retro TG track shootouts. Perhaps the 91 NSX vs Ferrari 328 vs the 911 (964).

Perhaps they could burn JK on a stake at the same time? Do society and modern music a massive favour.

Cheers,

James.

mutley
08-08-2009, 11:42 AM

Yeah I'll second that, if the track was dry I think it would have been a totally different time, and not just the usual 4 second rule they use.

Jim

AR
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Perhaps they could burn JK on a stake at the same time? Do society and modern music a massive favour.

Cheers,

James.

I'll have no driving music then!

TheSebringOne
08-08-2009, 11:46 PM
This has been debated before, where we thought about petitioning TG for another run in the dry with Fusilov's car. I can't believe they called it lairy in the title especially when conditions was that wet! Also the times were quite respectable when it was 2 second quicker than a 575 (wet) & the same as the Noble (wet). Which Lambo was it just behind on the power board at 1.29 (dry)?

How can JC say the only chance it had was it must have a wonder chassis, when in fact we all know it does have!!

gumball
09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
How can JC say the only chance it had was it must have a wonder chassis, when in fact we all know it does have!!

I think that's what he meant. :)

Every car that has done a wet lap on Topgear has an enthusiatic following demanding a re-run. As much as we would love to see some giant killing from the NSX-R we must remember that this is an entertainment programe, due to different conditions, tyres and of course different Stigs, the lap times have little credibility in real terms.
As we won't get a re-run we can only presume it laps the track in about the same time as a Scuderia. ;)