PDA

View Full Version : Boot space

Dragonlady
04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Strange question I know, but at the moment we are members of the Supra mkiv owners club and offen go on weekend drives around Wales and the lakes with them, this brings me to my question.
These weekends often involve camping and the Supra swallows the gear with no problem at all. Has anyone on here been camping in there NSX, and how does the boot cope with the gear, or do you have to leave somethings behind for additional space, like the other half?

Thanks

Buy the way, still looking for the right car!

Papalazarou
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I went camping in my last NSX (is that a metaphor?). Anyway, it's fine if you pack light and your tent isn't too big (there I go again). I stowed some of my stuff behind the seats, but if I were taller this wouldn't be an option. Additionally, you can put a small amount of stuff on the parcel shelf.

It's no way as big as a Supra though.

Cheers,

James.

AR
04-08-2009, 05:05 PM
We have fitted 3 holdalls and a suit carrier.

If you choose your luggage wisely you can fit loads in the NSX boot.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
IIRC the original design breif was to ensure that 2 sets of golf clubs would fit in the boot ....

When I did the LeMans I carried a double tent, 2 soft holdalls and the obligatory cleaning gear (for the NSX) comfortably in the boot.

As said, if you choose wisely and travel light you should have no problems with the weekend jaunts.

Happy hunting

PS, have you posted in the Wanted thread ... just in case someone is thinking of selling but not seen any of your posts ...

regards, Paul

sassthathoopie
04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
My brother and I managed a 12 day camping trip round Europe in the NSX, including stove/pans/plates walking gear etc. That said our tent was so small that eyebrows were raised in Austria!

We made good use of the space behind the seats. As long as you aren't exceptionally tall there is a suprisingly large amount of space there. Soft luggage is the key.

This guy demonstrates good technique fitting 4 wheels and a weekend's track day kit into and NSX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGIkHzJ1fQE

Dragonlady
05-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks for that guys.

NSXGB
05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
It's worth noting that if you have a puncture the only place to put the wheel you take off is in the boot. The spare tyre is a collapseable space saver under the bonnet and you punctured tyre won't fit in it's place.
Best just get good breakdown cover and some tyre weld.

forumadmin
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Does this help?

For Le Mans this year;

Four man tent
Double air mattress + pump
Two sleeping bags
Two bags for clothing
Two camping chairs
Other little things like toilet rolls, torches 1st aid kit & umbrella

Didn't need anything to be stored in the passenger cabin either.

Oh and my car is the right car for you!

Dragonlady
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Does this help?

Oh and my car is the right car for you!

Which car are you referring to - your nsx?

forumadmin
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes , it has to go up for sale. Depending on what you are looking for.

Dragonlady
07-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Yes , it has to go up for sale. Depending on what you are looking for.

Thanks for letting us know about your car being up for sale, unfortunately we are looking for a relatively standard nsx and a later model. Good luck with your sale though, and thanks for the evidence that you can camp with a NSX :)