PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Wet Lap

forumadmin
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Following along my pics taken at Silverstone, here is a sample lap.

This was early on, before I started to find better lines to drive in the wet. I am using Toyo R888 road legal slick tyres, everyone else on road tyres or the race cars using wet racing tyres.

Note the aquaplaning down the straight, before the Civic passes me. Nothing I could do to go faster.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVP59LgesDI

markc
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Now that's properly wet!

So that was a 3min 29sec lap. Was it wet like that all day? Did you get a chance to get any sub 2min 20sec laps in? Not that you were timing of course ;)

Mark

forumadmin
04-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Not a chance to get a dry lap. So disappointed not to be able to. It did stop raining later on, and I also found some better lines. I'll put one of those laps up later. Turn in understeer was enormous. I kept the traction control on, and it was working overtime. It stopped me from using power to oversteer out of the corners.

I think I have worked out the rational behind the NSX-R setup. The suspension rates will lead to understeer, but with the tighter LSD, and rear bushings, the rear will be more controllable. Which means you need to apply power to get the back end around. To get the most out of it, won't be easy, as can be seen by videos of Senna, and Top Gear.

gumball
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
A shame the weather was so unkind. But I guess every time you try, you learn a bit more anyway.
Anything worth posting from the footage at the Classic? that decat exhaust at least. :)

Senninha
04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
......Note the aquaplaning down the straight, before the Civic passes me. Nothing I could do to go faster.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVP59LgesDI

I should imagine that raised the heart beat ... from the footage you appeared to stay nice and calm though ... I reckon you're getting the hang of the NSX just as you put it up for sale ;)

regards, Paul

gumball
15-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Anything worth posting from the footage at the Classic? that decat exhaust at least. :)

I guess that's a no then.

forumadmin
17-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Not a 'no' then. Just a 'could you possibly wait until I am in the country again please'?:)

gumball
17-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Kids(me) just have to have everything right away nowadays, I guess I have to learn to be more patient :bigsmile: