PDA

View Full Version : One decent set of pics

forumadmin
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I've never had the time at a track to take a load of decent pictures. Well I had some time before a track evening to take a set of photos.

The event was totally wet, and I made the totally wrong choice of tyres to take. I can tell you aquaplaning at 100mph and having the rear end come and catch you on the straight is not funny.

Nevertheless I still managed to do well, despite everyone else being on roadtyres. I even got to overtake a 911 GT2 who's driver is obviously nervous the rain. Goes to prove how rain is a great leveller.

forumadmin
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Some more pictures.

TheSebringOne
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Car looks well Kevin. What tyres would you have put on if you were prepared for a wet track?

JQD84983
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Wheels really suit the car. :) Some of the best none OEM I have seen. Colour against the black is nice,

Sudesh
03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Looks great Kevin! Suprised though you still have those dated looking fog lights lol! Better looking without and less weight.

Senninha
04-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Looks great Kevin! Suprised though you still have those dated looking fog lights lol! Better looking without and less weight.

I may be wrong but I think these have gone back on with several other parts as part of Kevins OEM refit of parts ....

Whilst not driven in anger, this NSX is so flat through any corneres and brakes that will stop you hard with vey little effort.

If only I had the space ....

Have you any further events planned b4 you head to Europe?

regards, Paul

forumadmin
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Correct the fog lights, along with aircon etc have gone back on in an effort to help sell the car. You know really there won't be any change in a lap time by having these fitted, not worth worrying about for track days anyway.

The wheels are 5zigen ones. There's nothing special and I was offered them from a member here as they came on his car and didn't like them. I bought them because they were the right size and cheap more than anything.

No more track events planned. The next Goldtrack evening at Silverstone is on a day when I will be in Switzerland again. Also each time I want to be on a track I need to put the race seats in, then swap back to OEM afterwards.

Paul's right, with the new Comptech suspension, the car has never gone better. It has a rear end grip that it never had before. With the controllability of the LSD, and removal of some of the rubber bushes in the rear, cornering can be controlled on the throttle, so easily.

I would of just used normal road tyres in the wet.

Such a shame it has to be sold now.:(