PDA

View Full Version : A stroke of genius?

Mark_R
29-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi again,

AS some of you may have seen I am seriously thinking about buying an NSX, issue being I have never seen one let alone been in one!

I was doing some research and noticed that I could hire one from a company in Edinburgh (I am in Dundee) for £399 for two days.

This would let me conduct my own little mini car test / review and finalise if it really is a car I could own and run every day :)

It's a 1995 Targa (I'll be looking at early ones on my budget) but am I right in thinking that there were no huge revisions between launch and 1995.

Thanks for any and all information, here is the website I was thinking of using:

http://www.cccedinburgh.co.uk/stable/honda-nsx.html

-Mark.

NSXGB
29-07-2009, 08:12 AM
The biggest changes that spring to mind are the wheels and PAS.

AR
29-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Also softer suspension, and heavier car. Might have short ratio box too.

Mark_R
29-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks chaps,

I was unaware the ratios had changed on the box, will need to read that model update FAQ a little better next time!

gsuds
29-07-2009, 11:11 AM
That car's got pretty high miles on (about 180K IIRC) but still tight. Think clutch might be non standard, heavy-duty as the CCC were getting through clutches every 20k miles at one point! (Members showing off to friends...) It's the car that inspired me to buy my own, so I reckon you'll be hooked!

Cheers

Graham

Mark_R
29-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Ah excellent information, thanks!

I was wondering about the condition of it.

With it being a hire car I expect it will have been harshly treated by customers, but subsequently hopefully well maintained by the club.

I suppose its the best and easiest way to tell if the NSX is really for me, I will inquire today about it :)

gsuds
30-07-2009, 09:39 AM
The club take really good care of all their cars, Derek (mechanic) is a stickler for doing things properly.

The NSX is just back from the paintshop having its coat rejuvenated, looks absolutely stunning!

G

sassthathoopie
30-07-2009, 06:10 PM
They seem to change their fleet from time to time yet the NSX stays despite it's age and mileage. I think that says something about running costs and interest in the car!