PDA

View Full Version : Cat 1 Alarm LED and replacing the shift boot ? C text please

AR
02-08-2005, 10:36 PM
My wife informed me yesterday that she had ordered me a gift from SOS and it was the NA2 type R shift boot and NA2 type R shiftknob that I wanted. I guess she must have seen the printout order form!

Anyways today I noticed that on my car there is an LED for the factory alarm fitted at the base of the shift boot to the right of the 6 speed gear pattern.

Are all other factory alarm LED fitted to the same place ? It will be at least 5 weeks before the parts get here. So I do not want to take it apart just yet, but I am curious to see how it is attached to it. I am assuming that is just pressure fitted. Is so I think I would drill a hole in the new one, but it having a CF veneer it might not be as easy to do, in which case I will just tuck it underneath the console.

So my question really is how is the LED attached and those of you who have taken the console out, have you encountered any problems. I will hate to pull it up and rip the LED out.

Cheers for any help in this matter.

AR

ctrlaltdelboy
03-08-2005, 07:29 AM
the shift boot surround is not c/f but plastic with a little piece of c/f stuck on top - so drilling carefully should not be a problem

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/dressup/cf-shift-bootie/type-r_shift_bootie2.jpg

AR
03-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the picture and clarification, that puts my mind somewhat at ease.

Cheers

AR