PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Scotland - White NSX

jason
24-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi,

After reading a post from someone in Dundee wanting to know if there were any owners, I thought I would stick in a wee post just to say hello to everyone and see if there are any other owners in Scotland. I've got a white 95 NSX which took me months of searching to get one in the condition that mines is in, but during that time I never came across any in Scotland. Am I on my own up here or are there any other Scottish owners? If there are and you would like to arrange a mini meet then please get in touch.

Oh and if anyone knows anywhere I can get a centre console made up for a aftermarket stereo please PM me. I want to get rid of this Bose thing before it blows up like everyone elses seem to have done from reading the other posts on here. Mines is still working at the moment, but the crackling and popping when I first turn it on suggests that its not gonna be long before it packs in.

Big hello to you all!

Jason.

Hagasan
24-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi,

After reading a post from someone in Dundee wanting to know if there were any owners, I thought I would stick in a wee post just to say hello to everyone and see if there are any other owners in Scotland. I've got a white 95 NSX which took me months of searching to get one in the condition that mines is in, but during that time I never came across any in Scotland. Am I on my own up here or are there any other Scottish owners? If there are and you would like to arrange a mini meet then please get in touch.

Oh and if anyone knows anywhere I can get a centre console made up for a aftermarket stereo please PM me. I want to get rid of this Bose thing before it blows up like everyone elses seem to have done from reading the other posts on here. Mines is still working at the moment, but the crackling and popping when I first turn it on suggests that its not gonna be long before it packs in.

Big hello to you all!

Jason.

Hi & welcome from a fellow Jock, although not living up there.....

Regarding you Bose comments.....it's most probably the active amp in one of the speakers that's causing the pops you are experiencing....

Might be worth asking Kaz "KZUKNA"

Gary

PS nice car by the way. Are the window tints legal? They look dark against the white car.....

L23 NSX
24-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello Jason,

I'm in Edinburgh.

I think there are a few NSX's up here but i know 2 have recently sold in Edinburgh so you and i are helping to restore equilibrium, nice to see your car's not silver as well!

Regards

Lee

TheSebringOne
24-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Welcome Jason! I'm originally from Glasgow, abeit only two years from birth! Nice looking car & like the BBS wheels? Whats wrong with silver anyway! :)

Sudesh
24-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi and welcome! Really like the NSX in white. I think I remember that car, used to belong to another member on here, Costas/Kostas or something like that? Its go quite a bit of added white going on!

donnac
24-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi from Falkirk :cool:
Was the car white originally or has it been resprayed?

Silver Surfer
24-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Nice clean car...I note the black bits are now white.....unique in the UK. ;)

Welcome.....please venture south to some of the meets. :cool:

SS

mutley
24-07-2009, 10:25 PM
OI, tehre is nothing wrong with silver cars!! ok for a while it did seem that all Scottish cars were silver but hey ho.

Anyway, it seems to be more and more appearing in Scotland, for a a while I thought I knew them all. As for a mini meet, I am always up for that although I am way up north, But I will be in Edinburgh all of August (I am working the Edinburgh Military Tattoo this year).

So lets get something organised

Jim

PS can someone else arrange for a change, I could do with a break!

eclipse1501
25-07-2009, 08:12 AM
nice paint and colour coding touches to your window washers etc, what happend to your aerial? And what happend to your neighbours garden shed he's fitted on the back of his F150?:laugh:

jason
25-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all your replies guys. The car did used to belong to Kostas who was a member on here and had took it to a few meets so thats why it may seem familiar to some of you - and if you click on marketplace at the top of the page his original ad selling the car is still there :rolleyes: He tells me the privacy glass is legal, so I'll have to wait and see if the Scottish police take offence to it and stop me. And the car was originally white, but Kostas decided to tart it up a bit by getting all the black bits sprayed white. Whoever done it for him got a perfect paint match so I'm well chuffed. But from the folder full of receipts he gave me with the car it would seem that money was no object when it came to him and this car so its not a surprise it was done well. Just hope I dont have to spend anywhere near as much as he did to keep this car going.

Cant believe you even clocked the fact that the washers had been sprayed white or that my aerial doesnt quite go all the way down - eagle eyed people amongst us :cool:

Its actually sunny in Scotland today (major shock) so I'm off out to give it a wash n wax then take it for a nice wee drive in the country.

Sudesh
25-07-2009, 05:29 PM
nice paint and colour coding touches to your window washers etc,

Cant believe you even clocked the fact that the washers had been sprayed white

Window washers have always been body colour on all NSX's

jammy84
26-07-2009, 02:01 PM
is this one not still for sale in the marketplace section for £17,000 but was on pistonheads for £14,000 at one point aswell??

jason
26-07-2009, 06:45 PM
is this one not still for sale in the marketplace section for £17,000 but was on pistonheads for £14,000 at one point aswell??

yeah I mentioned that on the first page of this post. Its the sellers original ad thats still there. I just bought it and have no intention of selling it.