PDA

View Full Version : Snowballing!

WhyOne?
24-07-2009, 11:24 AM
After about 18 months of dithering, I finally managed to get the calipers on Y1 repainted & they look fine.

Unfortunately the guy who did the work knocked one of my wheels over & scuffed a couple of the spokes.

So I took it to be refinished.

When I collected the wheel, it wasnt a great colour match for the other 3.

So, rather than faff about tryng to get a match, the wheel refurb people decided it was easiest to repaint all 4 wheels.

I collected the car yesterday, and the wheels look great....now OEM Solaris Silver so matching colour in the future will not be an issue.

Unfortunately, one of the wheel nuts cross threaded & locked onto the stud (bolt)....whech sheared off when they tried to remove the nut.

Just collected the car.....again.....with 4 identially coloured wheels, 5 nuts holding each on & nicely painted calipers.

Life shouldn't be this difficult!!!!!

TheSebringOne
24-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Great it was finally sorted out in the end. Its not too difficult to DIY, I've done it twice, but finished doesn't last long, so going to take my time next time and instead of hand painting them, I will spray many coats with enough drying time in bewteen coats. Think I'm going with black with silver or red NSX lettering.

WhyOne?
24-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks!

I thought by giving it to someone else to do I would avoid hassle & agrivation!

Though to be fair, each time something went wrong the people involved went out of their way to get it sorted quickly & properly.

The chap who did the calipers dismantled them & painted them off the car - I wouldn't have attempted this myself (visions of brake fluid spraying everywhere!)