PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dundee

Mark_R
23-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello all,

I'll get the generic newbie information out the way first :)

My names Mark, I live up in Dundee, Scotland. I currently drive a Mazda RX8 PZ (my second RX8) and an old Porsche 944 which I use on track. I have owned a fair few sports cars in my time (VX220, S1 Elise, MR2 Roadster) and have been a long time admirer of the NSX (I have always loved them since i was a kid).

I am now getting to the age where I am giving serious thought to actively trying to locate one which I can call my own :)

Sadly, to this day I have never even seen one in the flesh let alone driven one.

I was just wondering if there are any examples up in Scotland? I would love to have a passenger ride in one before deciding if it is a route I seriously want to pursue.

I'm at Knockhill a lot in the old pig so if any owners were heading up to any track days over the summer I'd dearly love the opportunity to gawp over your car :)

Thanks, and hope everyone is well.

-Mark.

Papalazarou
23-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry mate, they're all in the home counties;-)

Cheers,

James.

Mark_R
23-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I guessed as much, damn you guys hogging all the good ones! ;)

I'll keep my eyes peeled though for Scottish ones, heading down south just to see one is a bit of a trek. I guess it just gives me more time to save up if i do decide I must have one :D

-Mark.

Hagasan
23-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I guessed as much, damn you guys hogging all the good ones! ;)

I'll keep my eyes peeled though for Scottish ones, heading down south just to see one is a bit of a trek. I guess it just gives me more time to save up if i do decide I must have one :D

-Mark.

Well mine came fae Broughty Ferry!!

Mark_R
23-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh really!

I had asked at WestEnd in the ferry but they told me they very rarely get one in.

They then tried to tell me I'd be disappointed and tried to sell me a S2000 they had :(

In all seriousness though, if you are ever up at Knockhill please let me know :)

-Mark

Hagasan
23-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh really!

I had asked at WestEnd in the ferry but they told me they very rarely get one in.

They then tried to tell me I'd be disappointed and tried to sell me a S2000 they had :(

In all seriousness though, if you are ever up at Knockhill please let me know :)

-Mark

Hi,

I bought in down South, near Northampton.....I'm actually from Kirkcaldy but living in Hertfordshire. Mine hasn't ventured up to Scotland yet. Maybe later in the year when I visit my family but no immediate plans..

Gary

Mark_R
23-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Ah ok, thanks for getting my hopes up ;)

Hagasan
23-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I think there are a few NSX's up in the north east? May take a few days before they pipe up on here....

TheSebringOne
23-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome Mark, Jim (Mutley) is up in Scotland, abeit very very North! Hes probably the nearest to you?

I'm originally from Glasgow, but left when I was a wee lad (2 yrs old)!

Mark_R
24-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok, thanks for the information.
I should have added that my ideal NSX would be a manual coupe and I'd be looking at the early ones (colour not an issue, condition being the over riding factor).

Thanks for all the comments so far guys.

-Mark.

jason
24-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi Mark,

I've got a 95 white NSX in Scotland. I'm based in Kilmarnock but I am frequently in Glasgow if you ever want to see it. If you find one for sale around Glasgow and cover my petrol, I am more than happy to turn up and look at it with you as I now know most of the common faults with this car as mine has had 8k spent on it putting these common faults right.

Jason.

simonprelude
24-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Mark,

I've got a 95 white NSX in Scotland. I'm based in Kilmarnock but I am frequently in Glasgow if you ever want to see it. If you find one for sale around Glasgow and cover my petrol, I am more than happy to turn up and look at it with you as I now know most of the common faults with this car as mine has had 8k spent on it putting these common faults right.

Jason.

Welcome Mark, why don't you introduce yourself and post some pictures.
A White one, is this a known example?

jason
24-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Welcome Mark, why don't you introduce yourself and post some pictures.
A White one, is this a known example?

Hi Simon, yes the one I now have is known to the club. It has been owned by previous club members including Kostas from London. I found it really hard to get a NSX in Scotland and eventually drove to see a few cars in England before finding this little gem.

Jason.

Mark_R
24-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Looks very nice and tidy indeed!

I am keeping my eye out for any that crop up for sale in Scotland (even if they are outwith my budget) just so I can go and actually see one!

(Obviously I'd phone the seller and let them know I wouldn't be able to buy before going to see any to make sure they were OK with this).

donnac
24-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Looks very nice and tidy indeed!

I am keeping my eye out for any that crop up for sale in Scotland (even if they are outwith my budget) just so I can go and actually see one!

(Obviously I'd phone the seller and let them know I wouldn't be able to buy before going to see any to make sure they were OK with this).

Hi Mark,

Its Donna from Scottish Elises and you might remember my post on MR2ROC asking about changing my Elise for a MK3 mr2?

Ive still got the Elise :laugh:

Anyway just wanted to say my boyfriend Steve has a 96 manual NSX and we are in Falkirk but we go up to Monifeith a lot so we could probably meet you up there sometime, otherwise we are always spectating at K.Hill and sometimes take it there, you are welcome to have a nose :cool:

Donna :D

mutley
24-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi Mark,

As I have just said on another thread, there does seem to be a slow increase of NSX's up here in Scotland.

Looks like we could be arranging a mini meet, so you would be more than welcome to come along and have a good look.

Jim

Mark_R
25-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi Donna & Jim,

Yes Donna I do remember, have you gone off the MR2 idea, they really are great cars (not that the S1 isn't!)

I'll be at the SIDC track day on the 8th of August at Knockhill in the porsche in case you feel like stretching the NSX's legs :D

If a meet was set up and you all didn't mind me gate crashing it would be fantastic to head along.

Well, the weather seems to be holding so I'm heading off out for a drive in the Rex, enjoy your day everyone.

-Mark.

sunday driver
01-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Mine lives just outside Aberdeen, but as I keep it as a fine weather car its only been out twice this year! Its a '96 Targa manual in Charlotte Green- used but not abused. You are welcome to visit, if we ever get another sunny day!!!